Challenging the meta? or just common sense?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

MyDeadGrandma

09-24-2012

This isn't summoners rift. There is no 'meta' beyond 1 person bot the whole game; the other 4 people unwilling to constantly move around the map and stay focused on the windmill isn't metagaming, it's stupidity.

xPainx

09-24-2012

Thats what i really meant. The typical "meta" is 4 top, 1 bot. But players need to realize that bot can be treated as top temporarily or until you win. They need to be more fluid and also learn from their mistakes. Thats what surprises me about this game in general. With all the games played/streamed and players still dont learn from mistakes that have been made not thousands but literally millions of times.

Demonite10

09-24-2012

I wouldn't call it common sense...it's not something that's readily obvious when you are new to the gamemode. Bypassing heavily fortified nodes for the easier to cap nodes is "backdooring" and has a negative connotation, where, in fact, it's actually a sound strategy. That is, do something that will cause the enemy to NEED to divert their forces somewhere else. It's part of what makes Dominion a thinking man's game imo.

OP - Good on you for being able to hold their bot for so long, and bad on them for not GOING AROUND BOT when the forces there could not be unrooted AND UNCAPPING THEIR'S.
Sorry for the caps, just tired of nub teammates grinding their faces into the a heavily defended bot...or even mid.

Veni13

09-25-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by onisnake View Post
The best bet is to hold your mid,top,and bot and just defend those. Don't be risky to take out other points when you have all you need. You can wait near the speed shrine or the brush above storm shield to react to wherever they go.
That can work, but it's a big gamble that may not be worth it against decent opponents. One little mistake and your entire team could be dead in the middle and your points gone. You have to, to an extent, keep the enemy team on their toes with smart BD's, ganks, sometimes going for 4- and even 5-caps. Nothing is as easy to overcome as passive play in Dominion, imo. Playing and watching Dominion would not be anywhere near as fun as it is if it were to be all about merely running down the enemies' nexus health by striving through control ofl those 3 points at all times.

P.S. Nice comeback yesterday, MyDeadGrandma, when you were playing WW and I mummy.

SmellsLikeFatGuy

10-05-2012

It NEVER makes sense to prioritize going after the enemy bottom. That is ****ing stupid.

Hawktitan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Sorry Smelly but you are wrong.

Phourc

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmellsLikeFatGuy View Post
It NEVER makes sense to prioritize going after the enemy bottom. That is ****ing stupid.
Incorrect. A better Dominion player than I once told me that once he learned to consistently gank bot he gained 200 Elo.

Sitting bot and farming if you aren't the dedicated bot laner is bad, I will 100% agree.

Ganking bot, killing the enemy (gold for you and your bot laner, farm for your bot laner) and taking the point(aka that-which-is-the-goal-of-this-mode), especially if it's the quest (gets your team a point and damage bonus) is SUPER good, and not the slightest bit stupid.