Thoughts on helping stop trolls

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Xenfurion

10-05-2012

Ive had my fair share of the trolls that come into games, just to screw stuff up, and screw over your team. Or the ones who are children and grab a squishy champion and take smite/revive, because they were denied the role they wanted to play. This sucks. We all know that, but there doesn't seem to be that big of a boot in the ass of trolls, seems like the occasional ban (seems to be a very very small ratio) is all your going to get.

now some people have had some pretty brain-dead ideas such as paying for being able to play ranked games, or a weeks worth of ban for leaving a game under ANY circumstance, and I'm sure there are worse, but i don't want to break the game, just some slight changes that might help.

Idea I. Lets get some player mods in, that can ban someone for one day (from ranked only) when an incident as such happens, of course these players would have to be in high standings with riot and the community, but even lets say 100 people would really set things right. and those they ban get sent straight to judgement, and receive their just dues.

Idea II. When dodging is a must, and we all know sometimes it is, and that poor sob who has to take one for the team exits, lets lower that wait time. if they haven't dodged in a long time/play games through to the end, ext lets cut the timer by a nice amount.

Idea III. actually banning these trolls would be a good start, start with a day, move to week, move to month, then 4th offense bye bye, your out. Trolls ruin the game for everyone, and I'm sure if you clogged up the troll hole with some bans players would be happier, happier players would be more inclined to buy nice things, buying nice things would make riot richer(coming out with more nice things but pissed off players isn't such a brilliant thing, mere selection doesn't get people to buy your stuff (in general)), WE ALL WIN.

I would like some honest feedback,
thanks
Xenfurion

(PS. lets do something about the whole Spanish speaking thing, there's a server for that and a server for English, should be a rule to stick to them. speaking 2 languages makes communication impossible and communication wins games. im sure they are equally as pissed when a bunch of English speaking individuals show up on their server and screw up communication)

Fiveofswords

10-05-2012

I kinda like Idea 1...cause im sure some qualified people could determine who is really trolling and who isnt...anyway it would require riot hiring people for it which costs money

Sea Wizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
I kinda like Idea 1...cause im sure some qualified people could determine who is really trolling and who isnt...anyway it would require riot hiring people for it which costs money
They would not have to pay them they are player mods they would chose to do it. They would be common players that have good standing with riot and the community

p.s. they could use the honor points/reports to help chose the people that would be good for the position

Xenfurion

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiveofswords View Post
no, they would be volunteers, not workers. players that want to do the job (even tho they might give perks, maybe some rp, maybe a skin or two specially for pmods or a forum badge, summoner icon, goodies like that) but even with out rewards/perks, just the reward of removing a troll/ ******* would be worth it EDIT: Sea beat me here

t0ad5

10-05-2012

I don't care what exactly they implement.
Anything other than a 30 min wait for me dodging a loss will go a long way to keeping me playing the game and spending money on it.

Else, kinda getting bored of the option of sitting out or digging a bigger hole to elo hell when people are obviously too stupid to win at champ select.

Needs improvement.

Thanks,
Long time paying customer.

Xenfurion

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sea Wizard View Post

p.s. they could use the honor points/reports to help chose the people that would be good for the position
A brilliant idea, tho other factors will come into play as well, this could be a foundation.

Xenfurion

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by t0ad5 View Post
I
Else, kinda getting bored of the option of sitting out or digging a bigger hole to elo hell when people are obviously too stupid to win at champ select.

Needs improvement.

Thanks,
Long time paying customer.
amen