Trundle?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chris Spencer

10-04-2012

Why is he underplayed?

Why is the general consensus towards him bad?

His kit looks relatively good, so again, whyhave I only ever seen 2 people play him in my entire game lifespan?

Is he good?

Please..I want info, I think he looks great xD!

Etherimp

10-05-2012

Trundle is underplayed for a few reasons...

1. He's ugly. No, really, you'd be surprised how much this means to some people.

2. His kit, while good, is not as "flashy" as many other similar champs. Trundle and Udyr are both great junglers with great counter-jungling capabilities.. But read Udyr's abilities description(s) then read Trundles. Or Lee Sin.. Or Nocturne.

3. He's had no Skin releases since his initial release.

4. He's sorely in need of a re-work to a couple of his abilities to make him viable late game

5. ...Which leads to - He's not played much at higher levels of play due to his lack of late game viability.

I started playing Trundle a few months ago and saw my hidden Elo jump up probably 100-200 points in that time, and went from 1300 to 1470 Elo with him in ranked. Why?

Firstly, he's reasonable fast and STABLE jungle..

Secondly, he's a GREAT duelist in early/mid game.. which means he is safe in his own jungle and he is safe invading other peoples jungle.

Thirdly, he has a disengage (Pillar) and a great ganking tool (see Pillar.)

This makes him very well rounded in the jungle.. Unfortunately, he's what he lacks.

Q - Steals a FLAT amount of AD, and has animation issues where if you use it while you have a higher attack speed, it will actually lower your late game DPS. (IE - Get a zeal and you will notice this if you pay close attention.) Basically, they need to fix the animation and make the amount of AD % based rather than flat.

W - Great ability, but does not help your team AT all.. Only helps your attack-speed/movement speed and tenacity. If this ability affected all teammates in the same area of effect, it would be many factors more useful. Also, the animation on this spell is wonky..Basically, you cannot cast the spell while moving, it stops you for a brief moment for the animation.. which means for chasing or escaping, that lost time can be vital.

E - Nothing wrong with his Pillar. It's an overall great ability. Having a Trundle in the jungle makes it very hard for an enemy team to safely engage your team. Can also be used to cut off bushes and escape routes while ganking, or to isolate someone, or to interrupt certain channeled spells.

R - Agony is a great spell.. BUT.. If anything, the % of defenses "stolen" should be more front loaded, and the duration should maybe be a little longer. None the less, throw this baby on their tank and then E/Q their AD carry to death.

All of that said, definitely pick him up and try playing a very aggressive jungle/counter-jungle with him. He's quite fun.

DaBlitzer

10-05-2012

I Agree totally. Trundle was one of the first Champs I ever played and I loved him from the start much to the distain of my friends because as previously stated he is definately not flashy by any stretch however his durabilty in team fights can turn tides. I really wish there would be a new Trundle skin at least for no other reason just to remind people he is out there. Also I think he's says some funny stuff too. Just a good champ. He is a perfect champ for people who are used to support but want to try a new role. just make sure you practice placing your pillars as not to trap your team. However I have found that Trundle Clashes with some team comps so you made need to have slightly higher damage output in those cases. I really hope to see more Trundlers. Trundlers UNITE!!!!

Valrcrist

10-05-2012

Trundle suffers from the jack of all trades syndrome.

Right now, people prefer going with more specialized junglers, either specialized towards jungle speed or towards ganking power. Trundle has a very slow jungle speed compared to the farming junglers like Mundo/Shyvana/Udyr and has bad ganks compared to ganking junglers like Lee Sin/Maokai/Amumu/Alistar. This means that he can't keep up in farm with the farming junglers, so he'll fall behind compared to them unless he ganks successfully, but his ganks aren't the strongest, which means that he has less of a chance of ganking successfully.

TeknoWizard

10-05-2012

He does everything, as someone said. He's also terrible to learn jungle on. You need to have a good base for jungling, and know what you're doing, to make use of Trundle. And unfortunately, not that large a group has this. Which I'm alright with. Every Trundle I jungle against kicks my ass.

Etherimp

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valrcrist View Post
Trundle suffers from the jack of all trades syndrome.

Right now, people prefer going with more specialized junglers, either specialized towards jungle speed or towards ganking power. Trundle has a very slow jungle speed compared to the farming junglers like Mundo/Shyvana/Udyr and has bad ganks compared to ganking junglers like Lee Sin/Maokai/Amumu/Alistar. This means that he can't keep up in farm with the farming junglers, so he'll fall behind compared to them unless he ganks successfully, but his ganks aren't the strongest, which means that he has less of a chance of ganking successfully.

I disagree.. His jungle is fast and his ganks are excellent. He's a top 5/6 jungler right now. The reason he's not played by pro's is because he scales horribly into late game and his abilities have wonky animations (as I explained above.)

BrokenWall

10-05-2012

I still remember when he first came out he was not bad but he felt lacking, he was considered a weaker version of irelia back then. It came down to ugly+ lackluster skills there's just nothing OP about him. Hes good but you sure as heck will never carry a game with him. He has has Crowd control reduction built in like irelia but no reason to cc someone who has no burst and no aoe and his ulti is not very good(some ppl will disagree on this)

BUT the most important reaosn why hes not played is because people on streams don't play him anymore nubs tend to mimic what they see on streams

tl;dr ugly+lackluster skills+no aoe deep or good burst = people dont like him

Etherimp

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrokenWall View Post
I still remember when he first came out he was not bad but he felt lacking, he was considered a weaker version of irelia back then. It came down to ugly+ lackluster skills there's just nothing OP about him. Hes good but you sure as heck will never carry a game with him. He has has Crowd control reduction built in like irelia but no reason to cc someone who has no burst and no aoe and his ulti is not very good(some ppl will disagree on this)

BUT the most important reaosn why hes not played is because people on streams don't play him anymore nubs tend to mimic what they see on streams

tl;dr ugly+lackluster skills+no aoe deep or good burst = people dont like him
Uhh.. You can't carry a game with him? Explain that to my 4/0 win/loss ratio in ranked with him.

Shutting down the enemy jungler is a great way to "carry" early game. Of course he won't carry late game.. but no Tanky-dps jungler really will.

Chris Spencer

10-06-2012

;/