[Champion Remake] Sejuani - The Winter's Wrath

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TeaCrusader

10-05-2012

This is for the Champion remake contest.

Obviously I chose Sejuani to remake so I'd like to just talk about my main goals with this remake.

1. Make Sejuani more viable.
Lets be honest, Sejuani is a weak champ. There's a reason she has never been picked in a tournament. I think probably numbers could fix this issue, but I also feel the issue is somewhat intrinsic to her kit.

2. Work Bristle (the boar) into the kit.
One of the things that always bugged me about Sejuani was that she was the first (and only Hecarim doesn't count) truly mounted champ. But other than her q Bristle doesn't factor into her kit and quite frankly, several characters have long dashes (i think Sej is the longest but still) so I could honestly see her doing the dash without Bristle.
As a result I wanted to make him feel really intrinsic to the kit, make it feel like Sejuani had really been trained to fight with her buddy Bristle.
Also I don't count corki as mounted cos it's a vehicle that's driving not riding =P. and Nunu's piggybacking >> << >>

3. Give Sejuani a little bit more flexibility.
As I understand it Sejuani currently is only really even remotely viable as a jungle, and then even a subpar one. I have tinkered with support Sej but i wouldn't dare play it in a game i wanted to win unless it's bots (it's hilarious but dreadful).
I kinda wanted to make this build at least usable in lane to some extent.

4. Make Sejuani a bit more fun to play.
Now don't get me wrong I love Sejuani, as a character, as a concept and as a character to play. I do find her fun to play, but I know a lot of people who don't. The crux of the matter is, she's kinda.. clunky, not in a good way. Partly due to long cooldowns and partly cos all her abilities have a bit of a whack to em and none of them really flow. The dash is especially noticable in this.
I know that it's not something you can do too much without playtesting, but I hope the new kit I designed will be a little more flowing and fun.

5. Give her something better than the sorry excuse for a passive she has now.
Sejuani's current passive is a joke. a 10% slow is negligible at all levels and she is currently a slow based champion that pretty much requires a slowing item be built on her.
I have done something about this, hopefully people like it.

{Base Stats}

The competition required that I put the base stats though I'm not going to claim to know too much about stats.

-Base Health: 450 (+85/level)
-Base Attack Damage: 54 (+3.4/level)
-Base Attack Speed: 0.670 (+1.45%/level)
-Attack Range: 125
-Base Armor: 17.5 (+3.5/level)
-Magic Resistance: 30 (+1.25/level)
-Movement Speed: 320

I haven't changed much at all, I gave her 5 extra movespeed, hopefully she will feel a little faster (I mean she's got a mount she should be fast right?) and now that her auto attacks don't slow I felt I could justify it.
I also gave her a small amount of scaling mr per level just to put her more inline with most melee top/junglers.

I'd also like to mention that I'd like to make her Auto attack a bit better, make the animation clearer and maybe last less time cos my god it is the least satisfying auto attack in the game right now!

{Abilities}

Passive (Bristle the frost boar): Sejuani rides her boar bristle into battle, who adds to her abilities. When Sejuani drops below 25% health bristle dives off in the direction Sejuani is facing, taunting all enemies he passes through for 1 second. Bristle returns to Sejuani if her health goes back to 50% or more.
In addition to this, Sejuani's abilities all add frost to the target, slowing them for 10% times the frost stacks they have for 2 seconds (per stack). Stacking up to three times.

-Bristle
-Debuff: Taunt
-Debuff Duration: 1 second
-Exit Threshold: Sejuani drops below 25% health
-Return Threshold: Sejuani's health is restored to 50% or more.
-Notes: Bristle will not be able to leave and taunt unless he is with Sejuani (ie: you cannot heal to 35% hp and drop below 25% again for an extra taunt.)

-Frost
-Debuff: Slow
-Debuff Amount: 7% per Frost stack
-Debuff Duration: 2 seconds from most recent stack added.
-Notes: Just to clarify, one stack of Frost =7% slow, 2 stacks = 28%, and 3 stacks = 63%. The duration is from the most recent stack so staggering your frost stacks is beneficial.
Also the cooldowns on her abilities will be long enough to prevent indefinite stacking. (Unless her ult is on but yeah)

Q (Arctic Assault): Sejuani performs a mighty braver with her mace, slamming the ground at target location, dealing damage and applying frost to all enemies at the impact site.
If Bristle is with her he will dash to catch Sejuani, dealing damage to all enemies he passes through.

Sejuani
-Type: Impact AoE jump.
-Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 per AP)
-Debuff: Frost
-Range: 700
-AoE: 250 diameter
-Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
-Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10
-Target Type: Enemy

Bristle
-Type: Passthrough Dash
-Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+1/2/3/4/5% of max health)
-Notes: The stats aren't far off the original version, though they are a little higher so it might feel like it's actually doing something. Without Bristle the damage is lower though it scales better.
Obviously this is probably best used as a chase or initiate though I think with the Bristle effect it adds a bit of skill to the ability, landing just in front of them so they take both lots of damage and you are in a better position.

W (Northern Winds): Sejuani summons a torrent of winds to swirl around her dealing damage over time and applying frost (once per target) to enemies caught in the gale.
If Bristle is with her he stamps the ground for the duration dealing damage in a larger aoe than the winds. The damage from the winds and stamps stacks.

Sejuani
-Type: Point blank Area.
-Amount: 6/10/14/18/22 per 0.5 seconds ( 0.1 per AP) 60/100/140/180/220 max damage
(+ 1.0 per AP)
-Damage ticks: every 0.5 seconds. (max 10 ticks)
-Duration: 5 seconds
-Cost: 45 mana
-Cooldown: 10 seconds

Bristle
-Type: Point blank Area of Effect Damage Over Time.
-Amount: 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5 per second (0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5% of max health) 30/50/70/90/110 max damage (7/9/11/13/15% of max health)
-AoE: 400 diameter
-Notes: This isn't much different to her current w. Sejuani's AoE is slightly smaller that the current one but Bristle's is bigger. The difference between the two is the difference between frosted and unfrosted damage on the current w.
This makes her jungle and multi-target damage more reliable but her single target damage slightly less.
However I think the addition of the slow makes this feel a little more useful than just a damage skill and makes it more reliable for sticking on targets.

E (Frost Pulse): Sejuani swings her mace, propelling a freezing shockwave that bursts on the first champion it hits, stunning them and dealing AoE damage around them. All enemies hit are damaged and have frost applied to them.
If Bristle is with her he makes a terrible roar, causing the stun to effect all enemies caught in the aoe rather than just the champion directly hit.

Sejuani
-Type: Collision Skillshot
-Damage: 60/100/140/180/220
-AoE: 300
-Crowd Control: Stun
-Duration: 1.5 seconds
-Cost: 80 mana
-Cooldown: 12 seconds
-Target Type: Enemy Champions. (AoE hits minions too)

Bristle
-Type: Enhancement to the skillshot.
-Effect: Adds stun to the aoe.
-Duration: 0.75 seconds
-Notes: So this is obviously a little version of the current ult. I figured that giving her a bit of poke would hopefully make her a viable laner, rather than being kinda relegated to jungle (and even then not being that strong).
It's important to note that the AoE or damage doesn't happen unless a champion is hit though, so this is avoidable, but a good shot could really ruin someone's day.

R (Glacial Anger): Sejuani lets out a crazed roar with Bristle and deals damage to all frosted targets. Sejuani then becomes empowered.
While empowered Sejuani gains these effects:
-Frost becomes permafrost, lasting 1 second longer.
-her auto attacks apply frost.
-Bristle will not leave, instead returning to Sejuani immediately after applying the taunt.

-Type: Transformation
-Damage: 150/250/350 (+ 0.8 per AP) (+ 6/7/8/9/10% of max health)
-Range: 1000
-Duration: 9/12/15 seconds
-Cost: 120
-Cooldown: 140/130/120
-Notes: So this is kinda a mega version of her current e with a huge self buff to Sejuani. The idea is the same as any huge self buff ult… Making her really scary for a little while and just kinda tying her kit together.

Here's a quick idea for what the Ult could look like:
Attachment 536955
And yes I got lazy and cheated by tracing the splash art.

General Notes
Ok so some important stuff. It may be a good idea to re-read the kit after these notes but I think you want to make sure you've read it first too.
-Bristle is not a separate entity. He does not have his own health, he doesn't not have his own stats. Either Sejuani is riding him and he is part of her model, or he is running off and taunting people as he goes. He does not stay on the battlefield, so treat the effects he has as just effect no.2 from Sejuani if she is above 25%(50%) health.
-All of the health scaling is on Sejuani's health, not on opponents. This should allow her to build tanky and do a bit more damage than she does right now, or open her up to an ap build if you wanted to try it.
-Frost is still part of the passive because of the stacking element to it. I didn't want to tack on the thing about Frost stacking additively to all 3 of her basic skills.

I'd love to hear what people think, hopefully it's that this is at least better than the current kit of hers. But all feedback is welcomed and appreciated.
Ok I lied, feedback about whether this is a necessary remake is neither constructive or clever. This was done for a contest, and the contest is not judging on whether the champ needs a remake so that is a completely moot point and mentioning it is not constructive. Thanks for reading this. and Screw you if you ignore it and post a 'Sejuani doesn't need a remake I like her but I'm the only one who understands her!' reply.
I am anticipating a lot of hate from Sejuani's scarily devoted fanboys. =D -Bolded cos I was right =D

TheHobbits

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

As one of the very few people who exclusively know how to play her correctly know that Sej does not need to be remade. Some slight stat buffs would be nice, but she is perfect how she is.
You simply need a build that works and a play style to compliment that.

(I would be shocked if my post doesn't get down voted)

Chamenas

10-05-2012

Downvoted your post, Hobbits, because this is for the champion kit remake contest. I remade Leona. I don't think she needs a remake (though I could certainly argue for a remake for Sej, your argument that because you "know how to play her" really doesn't hold much water, she shouldn't be some mystical champion that a select few people seem to "get" while everyone else fails miserably), but, I needed to choose a champion for the contest.

Keep in mind that even if a champion DOESN'T need a remake, a remake can certainly improve upon their kit. That's what we're looking at here. Does this kit make Sejuani more intuitive and fun to play? Does it expand on her current kit in bigger and better ways? Those are the questions that need answering. Whether or not she needs a remake is not one of them.

Neohazar

10-05-2012

Sejuani really is weak and dreadful. I dread playing ARAMs when she's on free week. I'd say a remake is needed, as long as it's not another Kat where she went from annoying to incredibly op.

Thessalonike

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHobbits View Post
As one of the very few people who exclusively know how to play her correctly know that Sej does not need to be remade. Some slight stat buffs would be nice, but she is perfect how she is.
You simply need a build that works and a play style to compliment that.

(I would be shocked if my post doesn't get down voted)
You get as many deaths with her as you do assists and kills combined... I don't know if your playing her correctly.

TeaCrusader

10-07-2012

Ok.

Yes this is for a contest and the perceived need for the remake is not a factor, so 'she does/doesn't need a remake really is a moot point here.

I do appreciate the support of her needing one (as the thread suggests I think she's got some big problems that I believe a remake is the best solution to fixing) but I think that's enough.

Support would be great on this but I'd love to hear people's thoughts on the kit and the ideas rather than just a blind yes or no with no mention/acknowledgement of all the stuff I wrote down.
So yeah, thanks guys but how about some feedback/criticism. I know it's far from perfect so there must be some!

FistOf7Dragons

10-10-2012

dont think she needs a remake tbh but thinks are really cool ideas +1

Chamenas

10-10-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeaCrusader View Post
Passive (Bristle the frost boar): Sejuani rides her boar bristle into battle, who adds to her abilities. When Sejuani drops below 25% health bristle dives off in the direction Sejuani is facing, taunting all enemies he passes through for 1 second. Bristle returns to Sejuani if her health goes back to 50% or more.
In addition to this, Sejuani's abilities all add frost to the target, slowing them for 10% times the frost stacks they have for 2 seconds (per stack). Stacking up to three times.

-Bristle
-Debuff: Taunt
-Debuff Duration: 1 second
-Exit Threshold: Sejuani drops below 25% health
-Return Threshold: Sejuani's health is restored to 50% or more.
-Notes: Bristle will not be able to leave and taunt unless he is with Sejuani (ie: you cannot heal to 35% hp and drop below 25% again for an extra taunt.)
What is Bristle's HP, Damage? How does he function as a unit when not with Sejuani? Also, does she then have a separate model where she can function independently? Does Bristle return to her when she runs out of a certain range (like Orianna's ball?)

It's a neat and creative passive, but you still leave a LOT unexplained, and that makes it sort of confusing. I'm not sure keeping the Frost passive will keep Sejuani balanced with the Bristle addition. For instance, Blitzcrank's mana barrier is all that he gets for a passive. It's a damn nice one, because it saves his life, but that's it. Sejuani's is the same way, it saves her life through the form of a fairly decent CC and, effectively, a gap disruptor, so adding the extra ability is iffy to me.

Quote:
Q (Arctic Assault): Sejuani performs a mighty braver with her mace, slamming the ground at target location, dealing damage and applying frost to all enemies at the impact site.
If Bristle is with her he will dash to catch Sejuani, dealing damage to all enemies he passes through.

Sejuani
-Type: Impact AoE jump.
-Damage: 40/80/120/160/200 (+0.5 per AP)
-Range: 700
-Cost: 70/75/80/85/90 mana
-Cooldown: 14/13/12/11/10

Bristle
-Type: Passthrough Dash
-Damage: 20/30/40/50/60 (+1/2/3/4/5% of max health)
-Notes: The stats aren't far off the original version, though they are a little higher so it might feel like it's actually doing something. Without Bristle the damage is lower though it scales better.
Obviously this is probably best used as a chase or initiate though I think with the Bristle effect it adds a bit of skill to the ability, landing just in front of them so they take both lots of damage and you are in a better position.
Two things:
1) Why not just put the slow on this ability instead of the passive? You could also make it so that other abilities can refresh the slow if it's already been applied. It gives some neat synergy with her kit and gets rid of the "double passive".

2) There's some unanswered questions here: is Bristle's damage based off the opponents' max health? His max health? Sejuani's max health? You need to specify. Making it based off of his max health, which, hopefully, is in turn based of Sejuani's max health makes the most sense and would give her some nice synergy with building as a health tank.

Also, how does this work when on/not on Bristle?

When on Bristle she jumps from his back into the target location and then he rushes to pick her back up instantly? When not on Bristle she just jumps from one location to another? Does she get more range when she's on Bristle?

I like the flavor of the ability a lot, but you definitely want to work out these details, and definitely see if you can get one of the more well-known community members to take a look at your numbers. They look like they should be fine, but I've missed stuff before. Numbers are not my thing!

Quote:
W (Northern Winds): Sejuani summons a torrent of winds to swirl around her dealing damage over time and applying frost (once per target) to enemies caught in the gale.
If Bristle is with her he stamps the ground for the duration dealing damage in a larger aoe than the winds. The damage from the winds and stamps stacks.

Sejuani
-Type: Point blank Area.
-Amount: 6/10/14/18/22 per 0.5 seconds ( 0.1 per AP) 60/100/140/180/220 max damage
(+ 1.0 per AP)
-Cost: 45 mana
-Cooldown: 10 seconds

Bristle
-Type: Point blank Area of Effect Damage Over Time.
-Amount: 1.5/2.5/3.5/4.5/5.5 per second (0.7/0.9/1.1/1.3/1.5% of max health) 30/50/70/90/110 max damage (7/9/11/13/15% of max health)
-AoE: 400 diameter
-Notes: This isn't much different to her current w. Sejuani's AoE is slightly smaller that the current one but Bristle's is bigger. The difference between the two is the difference between frosted and unfrosted damage on the current w.
This makes her jungle and multi-target damage more reliable but her single target damage slightly less.
However I think the addition of the slow makes this feel a little more useful than just a damage skill and makes it more reliable for sticking on targets.
So, in-line with my previous suggestion, were you to take it, I would change the frost part of this to instead interact with Frost on the target which is applied by Q, have the ability do more damage to targets with Frost on them, and maybe apply a temporarily larger slow. Makes sense, right? Frost slows you down a bit, but it slows you down even more and hurts even more when you have harsh cold winds blowing on it.

I'm not sure about the durations, 5 seconds is long for an AoE, especially for one that applies such a large slow. I might cut down the duration and retune the damage numbers accordingly. But I do like the herald back to one of Sejuani's original abilities in more clear form. The Flavor changes just get more bonus points from me.

Side note, we still have the unspecified "max health" problem as Q.

Quote:
E (Frost Pulse): Sejuani swings her mace, propelling a freezing shockwave that bursts on the first champion it hits, stunning them and dealing AoE damage around them. All enemies hit are damaged and have frost applied to them.
If Bristle is with her he makes a terrible roar, causing the stun to pass through to enemies in a small cone behind the champion hit.

Sejuani
-Type: Collision Skillshot
-Damage: 60/100/140/180/220
-AoE: 300
-Crowd Control: Stun
-Duration: 1.5 seconds
-Cost: 80 mana
-Cooldown: 12 seconds
-Target Type: Enemy Champions. (AoE hits minions too)

Bristle
-Type: Enhancement to the skillshot.
-Effect: Adds stun to the aoe.
-Duration: 0.75 seconds
-Notes: So this is obviously a little version of the current ult. I figured that giving her a bit of poke would hopefully make her a viable laner, rather than being kinda relegated to jungle (and even then not being that strong).
It's important to note that the AoE or damage doesn't happen unless a champion is hit though, so this is avoidable, but a good shot could really ruin someone's day.
Damage doesn't scale at all?

Alright, well, in keeping with my earlier suggestions, I have to sort of offer some changes simply to keep it all working. Take it or leave it!

What if you made the base ability just apply a massive slow to the target, far bigger than Q or W's slows (both of which should be significant but not huge, something like a 20% slow for one and a 35% slow for the other), but this ability could apply a whopping 75% slow or something of the sort, just a massive, massive "you're not going anywhere" tool.

However, it also has the interaction with Frost where, if Frost has been applied, it will consume the Frost and stun the target, just like in your original incarnation of the ability as well as dealing bonus damage.

This would be an interesting interaction because the consumption means you need to apply Frost again before getting all of the interactive benefits you want from it. Q applies it, W prolongs it. But if you, for instance, went Q and then E, your next W would be weaker. Still, sometimes you're going to want that clutch E. Promotes good decision making and raises the skill cap without raising the skill floor too much.

I love the flavor of this ability a lot, my suggestions only come from the fact that I feel like Frost could be more meaningful than a slight rehash of the old one stuck as a "double" on the passive. Kudos.

As a side note, you don't mention the length or width of Bristle's cone, but the origin is the target, not Bristle, right? Still want to get those other details in.

Quote:
R (Glacial Anger): Sejuani lets out a crazed roar with Bristle and deals damage to all frosted targets. Sejuani then becomes empowered.
While empowered Sejuani gains these effects:
-Frost becomes permafrost, lasting 1 second longer.
-her auto attacks apply frost.
-Bristle will not leave, instead returning to Sejuani immediately after applying the taunt.

-Type: Transformation
-Damage: 150/250/350 (+ 0.8 per AP) (+ 6/7/8/9/10% of max health)
-Range: 1000
-Duration: 9/12/15 seconds
-Cost: 120
-Cooldown: 140/130/120
-Notes: So this is kinda a mega version of her current e with a huge self buff to Sejuani. The idea is the same as any huge self buff ultů Making her really scary for a little while and just kinda tying her kit together.
Alright, so... this ability is my least favorite. You say empowered which immediately makes me think of Riven or Vayne, but, then, I just see lots of burst damage, some slight changes to Frost and I'm like "well, it's a definitely a big 'oh ****' button, but doesn't really FEEL empowered"

I have a lot of suggestions for this, take what you like and forget the rest:
1) Movement Speed: Sejuani is mounted, which is why you bumped up her base (which, honestly, I think you could probably bump up another 5), wouldn't it make sense to give her some amount of movement speed when she's empowered? One of her biggest problems is trouble sticking to targets. While this doesn't solve it at earlier levels, I feel like the skill synergy developed will. However, at later levels when other champions have mobility boosts and the like, she's going to enjoy this extra "sticking power" to make sure her abilities stay.

2) Reduce the Burst: I can see this ability also applying Frost to targets who don't have it, in addition to Q, and some small amount of burst to coincide. However, with my next suggestion you'll see why I want the burst to be small.

3) Increase Damage: Give her physical hits some sort of bonus magical damage, which could maybe be based off of a percentage of her health. With increased movement speed, and a slow, she should have little target hitting targets she chooses and this will provide a nice bit of single-target burst that can be applied to as many targets as your skill will allow in the time-frame. Also gives a more empowered feel.

4) Permafrost becomes a moderate slow? The pulse applies a massive slow, for a short time. It would definitely be the bigger slow. However, with the duration of this ultimate, the permafrost slow would definitely be very powerful even if it was only 40 or 50%, still larger than normal Frost, but less than massive. There is a question of balance due to the massive duration, however, it's mediated by the following:
  • Frost is only applied to:
  • Single targets hit with autoattacks during ult
  • Single targets hit with Q
  • Those standing close enough when the ult is activated

The slow will stick on her chosen target, but that makes sense. However, the slow can only be prolonged AoE style if she activates W immediately after her ult. This could cause some potential balance issues and should be considered, but I think it could be worked out to be effective.

5) Greater range on abilities? Obviously we still need to be worried about W and make sure it's balanced with any changes made to the ult slow, and increasing its range COULD be an issue, but I don't foresee it being one. On the other hand, increased ranges to all abilities definitely gives more of a feel of being empowered which is the goal here.

Overall:
I like the flavor of your abilities and a lot of what you've tried to do here in order to give Sejuani some more viability. My biggest concerns have been mostly laid out in my suggestions to give her kit some more synergy while shying away from rehashing her old passive as double passive.

I really enjoy the increased interaction with Bristle and the way that smart play can be rewarded while still keeping her kit intuitive.

The only concern I didn't address that bothers me, at the end, is that the only tank ability added to the whole kit is her passive which ONLY activates when she gets low. She does have lots of CC and damage, which keeps the bruiser image, but I still feel like she's this "tough chick" that should be able to take more than a little beating. You encourage health building, which is awesome. But my final suggestion would be to look at W again, maybe you could balance that so instead of increasing the slow it instead applies some attack speed slow, or some sort of damage reduction while also doing damage. It increases her ability to jungle by fortifying her against minions and doing damage to them, and maybe solves the W with Ult interaction I was worried about in my changes. It also gives her a bit more tankiness.

Just something to consider.

Cheers.

OvertConundrum

10-10-2012

I am not going to be mean about this, but you are wrong. Sejuani is more than viable as a jungler in the same way that Cassiopeia was more than viable as a mid LONG before she was discovered. Just because someone isn't being played in tournaments or because the community as a whole doesn't play them as much as other choices doesn't make them unviable. Sejuani isn't played as much as other tanks like Amumu and Rammus because she doesn't get as tanky as quickly, and has more of a "build up" time. Earlier on she functions closer to a jungler like Skarner, appling large amounts of soft CC to be supplemented by the lane she is ganking. The best way to prove my point, however, is math. Raw math is the answer!

~The Damages~
Sejuani's damages are more dependent on her build, however lets look at the basic healthy tank style build:
Boots lvl2 (These don't really matter because they are game dependent and do not add to damage)
Banshees
Sunfire
Randuins

End stats: 3155 Health, 201 Armor, 103 Magic Resist
Total DPS (Over 5 seconds not including ultimate, this is before resistances)
Magical- 1370
Physical- 395

Not too bad for 3 items, none of them giving up any tankiness. But, lets get a common comparison.... How about Amumu?

Same build
End stats: 3159 Health, 194 Armor, 101 Magic Resist (Hmm, slightly lower. But not enough to make a difference)
Total DPS (Over 5 seconds not including ultimate, this is before resistances, this does not take into account Tantrum's passive but it is unlikely you would get off more than 2, so just add in another tantrum)
Magical- 815+ 13.5% of max health. (Hmmm, big difference here)
Physical- 505 (He has lower base AD, but much higher base AS)
Well, Overt, you didn't give us raw numbers for the percentage of health? You are right, let me fix that with a common AD pick (the person you should be trying to kill) and a common AP pick (The other guy you might be able to kill) as well as a common tanky bruiser (Some guy you might kill in the process)
(These are all done with base health, so this earns a little wiggle room. You never know, Corki might build Warmogs)
AD (Corki): Add 249 damage, bringing the total to approx 1,064(magical)
AP(Ahri):Add 245 damage, bringing the total to approx 1060(magical)
Bruiser(Jax): Add 300 damage, bringing the total to approx 1115(magical)

As you can see, even in the case of the tanky bruiser, the percentage damage does not add enough to bring raw DPS as high as Sejuani's. "Well, Overt. You forgot that people usually build a Rylais or an Abyssal on Amumu" That is true, but for the price of one of those Sej could get a warmogs. Guess what, she gets more tank/dps for the price you pay.

Now lets look at their kits.
Amumu has: 1 gap closer, 1 stun, 1 snare, 2 dps, and 1 tank "enhancer" (The passive of tantrum)
Sejuani has: 1 gap closer, 2 slows (If you time her E right you can use it as a refresh for her passive or just use it for the increase/burst immediately), 1 stun

The trade offs: 1 single target stun vs 1 continuous slow/ temporarily more powerful slow
1 AoE snare vs slightly smaller AoE stun with increased duration for direct target
1 tank "enhancer" vs 2 initiates (one short range easy dash and one long range group stun)

Fair trade? I think so.

matrixEXO

10-10-2012

Tea, to be honest... the mounted Champion was just a gimmick. Her design was actually there as a complete set based on soft CC. The mount was most likely added later and had one skill changed just to fit it.

I mean it. Out of all her skills, only her Q had an interaction with the mount. Not only that, the mount never offers any unique bonuses in a form of a passive.

Her passive could be shifted into a skill and the mount having a passive effect to the Champion. This effect actually is possible since if her current passive is moved to permafrost, there is 100% guaranteed free slot for the passive. And her autoattack slow precentage can be tweaked to be higher as well.