Has anyone done well with Twisted Fate?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Arduous Kill

10-05-2012

I used to play Twisted Fate almost exclusively. And after lots of games, i have to say more people should give AD tf a chance. I feel like its harder to stay far from your opponents in dominion, which makes the range on your Q less useful, and your short autoattack range less significant. Hes not a straight AD carry though, you trade alot of damage for utility by picking twisted fate instead of an actual ad carry.

Usually I'll build zerk boots, zeal/PD, hexdrinker/maw, and thats actually the only items i built EVERY game. For a solid AD item I would take either sanguine or black cleaver. Its good to take black cleaver if you have another strong AD on your team, and then hang out with them so you can both benefit from the armor reduction. If you don't have another heavy AD champ, take sanguine for the sustain. Other items i'll take depending on the game are wardens mail, frozen mallet, IE (if im owning ridiculously hard, but this usually only happened when i was starting out in dominion, aka low elo), last whisper (if you didn't take black cleaver), or throw in whatever else you feel would be good, Its been awhile so im sure I'm forgetting something.

Mostly I played him because he was fun though, not necessarily because hes good. I'm not sure how well AD tf would hold up in higher elo.

konfetarius

10-05-2012

"Can be strong in the right hands" is an euphemism for "can be strong against bad team compositions."

TF in range to use his biggest advantage, a low CD stun, is in range to be instagibbed. If you build him tanky, you won't do enough damage to be relevant because his ratios (and bases) are awful. If you are using him for his poke, (the projectile speed for which is slow, kind of neutering its ability to poke at its max range), there are many other mages that do it better.

His ultimate is obviously very nice, but his kit is sub-par for constant team fights of dominion.

FOODFOOD

10-05-2012

I think he's a draft pick. I don't think you can risk playing as him in blind pick.

Kiddalee

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I think he's a draft pick. I don't think you can risk playing as him in blind pick.
No, I think there are too many people who can kill TF for you to be able to ban them out, and why would you do that anyways? He's not his team's most important member. On the contrary, Draft pick make it easier to counterpick against TF; he's rare enough that in Blind people won't be picking to survive him.

GrignardTS

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FOODFOOD View Post
I would agree with this statement.

It's not about banning champions that would counter TF. It's about counting gap closers.

Generally playing TF in Dominion, much like SR, you make or break him with R use. Clutch ganks on bottom and exploiting BD holes are necessary to bring out TFs potential. If done right, he is just as viable as any other.

Sauron

10-05-2012

TF is an SR champion designed around a large map and lots of farming. In TT and Dominion he's a case of his base numbers simply being too low to work with the lowered amount of gold available and higher number of team fights.

I've tried to make this champion work but with his ranges and comparative picks for this map, he really is subpar here. His ult gives him a high win/loss ratio on SR premade so he will not likely see any changes positive for his play on Dominion.

Fox P McCloud

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sauron View Post
TF is an SR champion designed around a large map and lots of farming. In TT and Dominion he's a case of his base numbers simply being too low to work with the lowered amount of gold available and higher number of team fights.

I've tried to make this champion work but with his ranges and comparative picks for this map, he really is subpar here. His ult gives him a high win/loss ratio on SR premade so he will not likely see any changes positive for his play on Dominion.
I'd point out that TF is bugged right now with his Pick a Card+Sheen/Lich Bane/Trinity interaction---TF's PaC is *supposed* to function like Poppy and Morde's respective Q's....ie: convert the procs over to magic damage....that said, it's bugged at the moment and the proc remains physical.

Even if this is fixed, I doubt he'll still become strong in Dominion though.

WaterD103

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Just want to note that even in SR, where is considered good, not really that many people in the world can actually make him work...

Phourc

10-05-2012

His *ready a stun and teleport anywhere on the map* bit necessitated pretty much removing his base stats, he's hell to keep alive.

I like the character, I think his kit seems neat, but trying to play him just pisses me off. True story.

konfetarius

10-05-2012

Meanwhile, in Pantheon land....