Camera flip?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Typhoo Tea

10-05-2012

I'm wondering if theres a way to flip the camera round, the angle of the camera i feel gives blue side an advantage when pushing a lane.

Example being i play Soraka so i like to ward ahead into bushes early on etc also i like to stay back so i can stay out of range to heal when im not harassing etc, having blue side lets me see ahead pretty far but purple side the angle and my UI just gets in my way and there's no way for me to see without unlocking my camera which is a pain when trying to react instantly to a situation.

Can anything be done?

Nicódemus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

this has been covered alot, and its not going to happen, riot has said it would be to much work to re design the map to look good with the camera flipped around. the scenery isnt dynamic its all pre rendered so it would just look really bad and upside downish

Khizan

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoo Tea View Post

Can anything be done?
Yes.

Unlock the camera.

Typhoo Tea

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khizan View Post
Yes.

Unlock the camera.

Maybe you didn't read my thread correctly, i said that was a pain, simply because i have to unlock it and go down the map but then i may need to change the position of my camera to react to a certain situation and it takes that little bit longer.

It's much easier on blue side because of the angle, To be honest i wouldn't even care about the rendering and graphics if it was flipped, I don't see why they can't put their time into doing it if it's been covered a lot surely they would want to meet player demand?

Axiom Prime

10-05-2012

Learn to play with an unlocked camera...it's not that hard.

TwistedVelocity

10-06-2012

The blue team doesnt have to play unlocked, blue receives an unfair advantage over purple. From personal experience, I seem to lose more often on purple than blue, not sure if its connected but makes me wonder.

Typhoo Tea

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TwistedVelocity View Post
The blue team doesnt have to play unlocked, blue receives an unfair advantage over purple. From personal experience, I seem to lose more often on purple than blue, not sure if its connected but makes me wonder.
This is exactly what i'm talking about, playing as soraka if i'm trying to harass with infuse i need to pop in then gtfo, if i need to move my camera whilst moving or even for general combat and teamfights it get's a bit stupid really.

AudioTheory

10-06-2012

OP l2p with unlocked camera. Seriously I have no idea how people play with locked camera, its not even the same game. lol. You can't play ziggs with a locked cam, you'll never win.

AstralWarriorX

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Typhoo Tea View Post
Maybe you didn't read my thread correctly, i said that was a pain, simply because i have to unlock it and go down the map but then i may need to change the position of my camera to react to a certain situation and it takes that little bit longer.

To be honest I thought it was a pain too. If you never even try to get use to it you will always think the unlocked camera setting is a pain.

Everything takes some time getting use to . Like it some time for you to get use to the mechanics of LoL to start playing decent.

Thing is people never learn if they don't keep trying.

Btw to get back to your champ click the map (wherever your champion is) and the camera with move to you. (As long as your chat is not open.)

mambawarrior

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-06-2012

Spacebar centers the map on you.
Quite helpful for transitioning from locked to unlocked.
I quite recommend you learn unlocked soon, because it makes a HUGE difference, and if you don't do it early on, you'll get used to locked and it will be almost impossible to change later on.