When/How Did Your Main Become Your Main?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

madf0x

09-21-2012

Ive had a few mains, and almost all of them were impulse buys.

First was ashe, she was free when I started playing, and I liked the idea of being ranged cause it made me feel safer, plus I picked up her ult really quickly. Afterwards I played around with a few champs before impulse buying Lux. Absolutely amazing and I still occasionally play her. After that I transitioned to Ahri after several consistently stomped on me. Then I started playing TT a lot and found a 'holy trinity' for me in the form of Kayle,WW, and Sion. Especially WW. If Im annoyed or need to cooldown after a ranked game I just hop onto TT instalock WW and call top(yeah I know its a pretty ******y thing to do) and then proceed to dominate most of them time. WW has lead me to an overall 65% win rate on 3v3.

After queueing with a friend that was super low in elo and realizing me elo got tanked hard I tried out a handful of champions and none worked well. Suddenly I decided to go with Kayle and play her like I do in TT and boom im 9/1 with her(havnt played much ranked yet). So for now Kayle and WW would have to be my mains. Its just so satisfying to hunt down my enemies as WW and also being able to carry hard as kayle while constantly saving fleeing allies or using them as live bait.

Seporlith

10-04-2012

i havent decided on mine yet but when i first started vladmir was free to play and i was like wow this dude is hard to play about a month ago i bought him and fell in love cause now i know how to play :P but i also like lulu and heim and other champs and i change who i play every game or so but vlad rengar warwick and twisted fate are my most played champs and i would consider all of them my main

ThaWiseWolf

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Okay...mains...

Ahri, Akali, Ashe, Eve, Graves, Irelia, Janna, Kennen, Lee Sin, Nidalee, Nocturne, Orianna, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Shyvana, Swain, Tryndamere, Vayne, Vlad, and Wukong...most of them I thought they looked cool, so I bought them and played them.

The only main I've picked up for a reason other than that was Tryndamere. I saw some guy named Lost Battalion (or something along those lines) go something crazy like 17-8 and solo baron.

PeacefulNomad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by flynnNA View Post
Okay...mains...

Ahri, Akali, Ashe, Eve, Graves, Irelia, Janna, Kennen, Lee Sin, Nidalee, Nocturne, Orianna, Renekton, Riven, Rumble, Shyvana, Swain, Tryndamere, Vayne, Vlad, and Wukong...most of them I thought they looked cool, so I bought them and played them.

The only main I've picked up for a reason other than that was Tryndamere. I saw some guy named Lost Battalion (or something along those lines) go something crazy like 17-8 and solo baron.
I don't think you understand the definition of main man.... lol.

Skardae

10-05-2012

I have a few that I like, though I rarely get to use the one I want because someone else goes as that role, or we already have 4 AD champs etc.
That said, I love Viktor and Kat mid, because Kat jumps everywhere, and Viktor doesn't die as easily as most, and he is MORE dangerous at close range, though he's still strong at longer ranges. I always feel like the only person in the world to buy the gravity core upgrade.
As ADC, I like Vayne and Caitlyn, because of Caitlyn's long range and ability to finish enemies and to escape from almost anything. I always do bad as Vayne, but I love playing her. It's just that I'm always up against an annoying support, like Alistair or Blitzcrank. I HATE Blitzcrank. Ruins my day. And then there's tumble.
I like support Shen because he gives good sustain, helps win exchanges, can save ANYONE and can stop an enemy offensive on your ADC with Shadow Dash. I just hate it when someone goes in 3v1 and expects me to help.
Now, one of my favorite character has to be Jarvan IV. I played him on free week with atmogs and rolled over everything, got lots of good ults and knockups, so I bought him and love jungling with him. I also like jungle Darius a bit, though I've gone off him a bit recently.
I hate playing solo top, but when I do I like Urgot because on lock on missiles, and that fact that I think of him as a walking tank. A literal tank, with cannons and guns and armour plating. Fiora is another I like, because I had a lane against critplank as her, and Riposte every Parrley. And there was a time when and Ashe was running away, shot me to apply Frost Shots, and died to Riposte. Not to mention her >100 ad at level 1.

I don't really have a main, but my favorite has to be Caitlyn overall.

ExecutionerK

10-05-2012

I started off the game liking mid and jungle a lot due to the map control.

Then I transitioned myself into top lane (easiest lane to snowball).

As I get closer to 1500, I found myself best in AD carry (due to poor positioning skill by 1500 elo AD carry)

then I finally went back to mid due to map control and support (good support is much rare than any other roles)

Firefly Captain

10-06-2012

I started playing Blitzcrank in 3-digit elo because players of that quality can't dodge simple skill shots. Upon Zyra's release I started playing her and quickly gained 150 elo in a day (because she was OP apparently), with a 13-4 record. I was so sad when they announced her nerfs, but I kept playing her (and kept winning). Now I'm 48-25 with her and she is my most played champ (since blitz is now perma-banned). Oh, and Zyra is still OP.

Togekiss24

10-06-2012

I main Poppy, and while I don't play her as often as I used to after I started going into Draft and Ranked, she's still my go-to champion for almost anything else.

I guess I bought her out of appeal and curiosity. She was cheap and was funny-looking. When I played her, however, her issues were kind of jarring, yet I still felt an attachment to her for some reason. I looked up a guide on how to play her (first champion guide I ever read about) at Mobafire and I actually started doing well with her. Since then, I've switched to better guides and I'm actually still trying to "master" playing her.

Aside from that, Poppy's hit and miss style kind of taught me how to play the game. I need to last hit in order to get good items, that not dying is more important than getting kills, etc. I felt like I could easily adapt to a broad range of champions due to starting with Poppy..

mr underhilI

10-06-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by BridgeOfTitans View Post
This question has been crossing my mind a lot recently, when looking at where I was in my LoL tenure. For a bit of reference, I am about halfway through level 29, looking forward to hitting 30. I have started purchasing runes for at least the generic rune pages, and I've come to own 48 champions, some with RP, some with IP. Despite this, or perhaps because of it, I have yet to play a champion that made me say 'yes, this is the character I always want to play.' I've done well with some, poorly with others, but never did I have that moment where one of the champions stood up (so to speak) to become my main champion.

This has made me curious about others' experiences with discovering their mains. To the community, I ask:

When did you discover your main champion?
How did you know it was the champion you wanted as your main?

EDIT: Wrong part of the forum, sorry about that.
for me it took ages to find the role and then the champ i wanted, i tryed toplane,jungle adc support and finnaly i started doing midlane and found out its the place for me, because of the high effect it has on the outcome of a game, if you roam and gank alot.

but then i had to figure put what champs i like, and that took aloooong time, maybe 7 or 8 months, untill i finally fell in love with swain, after playing with swain for 3 or 4 months, i really liked vlad, they both have the same playstyle. now iam mostly playing those 2 champs , sometimes i do amumu jungle just because hes so dam op.

Elodin

10-06-2012

I was really into the fighting game community at the time Riven was being teased so I got pretty excited when Riot said she played like a fighting game.

After they updated her art and hotfixed her, I pretty much fell in love, hot chick, cool backstory, extremely fun gameplay, strong/viable as both a jungler and a top, she's pretty much perfect.

.... now if only I can find the time to get that dang Riven Icon.