Viable Support?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

iixSILENT

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I'm a pretty big support user, and I was pondering some potential supports...and it came to me. Does Twisted Fate have any support potential? Bonus gold passive (obviously doesn't affect him much), has blue cards for sustained harass, gold cards to set up ganks etc. His ulti is shen-like support in some cases. Anybody ever tried TF support? Viable? I realize his damage will be lackluster because of a lack of items, but most supports are that way anyway, yeah?

Quick Rawr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Kiiiiiinda of I guess.

Viable? Yes. Ideal? No.

TeknoWizard

10-04-2012

Considering his terrible AA range, there might be difficulty landing blue cards. Also, he's squishy as all hell. I'd rather have a Taric.

AncientZero

10-04-2012

Well early game he would be an okay support; however, when it comes to late game, he will lack the items he needs to contribute to team fights. Yes, he has that stun. That's it. The only source of damage he has is his Q. If he doesn't have items he will have 0 dps.
Also, as a support, he can't heal, or give buffs. So for him to have a mediocre single stun, and no dps. Late game will literally be 4v5.

Mynt

10-04-2012

Actually... his passive sounds really good for a support.

It kind of sucks for your lanemate, but overall assuming 50% CS from your teammates (not hard), that's like 2GP/10 for each lane.

In a 30 minute game, that's like a free dragon, maybe two.

JxC

10-05-2012

i would love it if someone tried Lee Sin support. Besides the obvious shield, he also has Q harass, AS/MS debuff as well as displacement ulti.

Aeladra

10-05-2012

A few people were using Lux support during the World Championship Playoffs today.

Fiveofswords

10-05-2012

here what you need to ask yourself when deciding if a champ can be support....Would this champ still be decent without any farm? twisted fate...no. he needs farm to get any reaosnable dmaage and his utility is insignificant...for champs with a huge amoutn fo utility or cc or whatever...they dont really need farm...cc is cc no matter how much damage it does...this is why typically support champs are guys with lots of cc and utility.

lux is pretty good as support cause has decent utility with snare...the slow and vision e, and the sheild....and the fact that she can do some damage at very logn range, even if her AP is low....gives some poke advantage. Naturally...lux with AP is much better...but lux with no money is still okay...while a well farmed lux isnt quite as strong dps as other more typical AP champs...I do think a lux support does kinda need to hope to get some assists/kills during laning phase to get at least a little ap and because of her strengths has reasonable chances to expect it.

OriginalJack

10-05-2012

Here's a video of Studio doing support TF:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7pWx...=youtube_gdata

He spends a lot of time talking about what's going on in this game specifically and not about TF in general but atleast you can see how somebody who's 2k Elo does it.

RonniePunani

10-05-2012

which is stronger ap or support lux?