Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

hyungiez

10-04-2012

Hi guys,

I think it's a great idea. However, for both honoring and reporting, it would be great if there was a way to 'flag' both honors and reports IN game. (maybe next to mute buttons?)

You could allow the confirmation and/or reasoning on the results page, but more often than not, the need of wanting to report/honor are often lost in the heat of the moment of the winning/defeat.

This is especially true for honoring since most people often do not feel as strongly towards positive experiences than negative experiences, so the drive to honor might trail off.

Since we are promoting positive behavior, it would be great if we could capitalize that at the moment instead of letting it fizzle for the next however many minutes.

Great initiative though! The atmosphere of the game has changed considerably.

thesmallproblem

10-04-2012

@Lyte
I was wondering if you could give me some of the psychological reasoning behind the honor system and any psychological study it ties to. I'm asking since I would like to write a college paper using your info and how the community has changed.

NinjaHacker117

10-04-2012

This is awesome! Keep up the Good Work Riot!

Art Student

10-04-2012

@ Lyte

Honor can be given to yourself.

This is broken!

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-04-2012
59 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by WizardAntechu View Post
@ Lyte

Honor can be given to yourself.

This is broken!
No it can't, do you have a screenshot? I can check your account.

Zerglinator

10-04-2012

So Lyte, I had a question...

Why can you only give ONE type of Honor to a person?

What if a person was friendly, worked well with the team, and gave me some pointers on good times to invade?

WayneChaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

@lyte, im still rly curious, what happens when someone has more than 1 type of honor ribbon?

Malivis

10-04-2012

I'd just like to say that as someone who's been punished by Tribunal in the past, this system is really helping me be a positive force for the community rather than a negative one.

Aside from the fact that I personally don't want to be back before the tribunal, the immediate effect that this has had on turning the community towards good behaviour has made it much easier for me to continue that trend myself.

I personally love the honor system and think it's the best thing to happen in LoL since I began playing.

Ajido

10-04-2012

Lyte, is Honor something that will be resetting when Season 3 begins? Or is Honor earned now something we'll keep forever...so long as we're not punished by the Tribunal, etc.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-04-2012
60 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerglinator View Post
So Lyte, I had a question...

Why can you only give ONE type of Honor to a person?

What if a person was friendly, worked well with the team, and gave me some pointers on good times to invade?
This is part of the experiment--we want to force players to choose 1 option that best fits the player in their opinion. Then, we can compare the options other players chose if they Honored the same person that game... which leads to some interesting analyses and data.