How to counter Master Yi?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Aras Vilkas

10-04-2012

(I new, so please forgive my inexperience) I hate Master Yi. Anytime I see a player as Master Yi I dread the game because I know that in 10 minutes from the start, he will be too fast to run from and too strong to kill before hand and I am absolutely tired of this! I mostly play as a Kayle, and I was wondering if there is anything I can do so I'm not dying as soon as I'm revived?

Vyronix

10-04-2012

Most Master Yi players I see usually go for AD but the AP Yi's I truly hate, they literally just heal or run >_< but a suppress, stun or silence will ruin his day CC is your best friend when fighting against any Yi. Hope this helped

AskKarthus

10-04-2012

Any hard cc (crowd control) shuts Yi down. Hit him with some cc and then focus him down.

Sir Bulldog

10-04-2012

As others have said, any hero with a stun can stop his ult immediately. Hope this helps.

suggestions: leona, sion, taric, irelia, twisted fate, just about any hero with a stun.

Aras Vilkas

10-04-2012

Thank you, but I just want to point out I know none of the lingo here, so this doesn't really help me.

Candentis

10-04-2012

If you don't know what a stun is... no wonder Yi is winning. Go subscribe to the Riot Youtube channel for a free Alistar. He is the king of crowd control, and will teach you why it is such a good thing to have.

t0ad5

10-04-2012

Wait awhile and play as a team, then he will not be very useful.

Reneexo

10-04-2012

Anybody that has crowd control like a stun will counter him pretty well, the only flaw with that is when he ults. Slows are good for him too UNTIL he ults lol.

Nishaven90

10-04-2012

Good items to take against Master Yi are Frozen Heart and Randuins because it reduces his attack speed by a huge amount.

Characters who counter Yi quite well are Malphite and Jax.

PeacefulNomad

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Master Yi is a terror at early levels because he is cheap, easy to play ,and deals a ton of damage. Most early game players dont know much difference between AD and AP so they build straight damage and attack speed. This makes Yi VERY squishy and susceptible to items like frozen heart, ninja tabis, and thornmail. But the best way to stop him is with a stun. stun him and he will melt like butter. Jax destroys Yi and is fairly easy to play. AP Yi is a little different. Use Banshees Veil to block his Alpha Strike, then stun him and drop him. He might get away and meditate but thats OK because with a banshees veil he will never hurt you.