With The TF Art Upgrade, Can We Get A Minor AD TF Buff?

12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Twisted Fate's new model file looks absolutely amazing. I am really excited to play him with his new art assets, but one of the things that still saddens me is that he really isn't a solid AD anymore, only AP.

I miss being able to take TF bottom or mid depending on how I felt. I don't feel like AD TF is that far from being a worthy pick bottom, but he needs a small boost to let him have his niche.

So, how about we give TF a small buff to his AD side? There are two things that would make him be able to be built solidly bottom again.

• Give wild cards a 1.0 (or .8) bonus AD ratio. This change won't affect AP TF at all since he won't be building AD and will only help AD TF when he starts buying damage items. All of the other AD champions (aside from Trist) have at least some AD scaling. TF needs it. It would also be interesting since he would be a decent poke AD and his long wild card range could make him good at harassing. The biggest reason why it needs an AD ratio is that, right now, if you level Wild Cards as AD TF, you find that as soon as you get out of laning phase, your Wild Cards just completely fall off. It is very similar to how Tristana falls off during mid game, but since TF doesn't have amazing base damage or auto attacks to go with it, he is a lot more impacted. This change allows Wild Cards to act has his burst ability and will encourage leveling it up first over his E or W.
  • Allow the auto attack portion of PaC to crit (not the bonus damage, relax). Once again, this won't have any bearing on AP TF since AP TF won't be building any crit. It is a bit frustrating right now though to see AD TF unable to crit whenever he uses one of his core abilities. Late game, this can actually lower your DPS.

What do you guys think?

-------------------------------------------

Edit: As another option, what if we gave Stacked Deck had an attack speed active for o say 40% at max level (20%/25%/30%/35%/40%) for around 4 seconds (20+40% = 60%)? This would make his steroid more like a real AD champions instead of just a 20% all the time. It would be a minor buff to AP TF, but it would actually give SD a useful active. Heck, if you wanna turn it into a real steroid, I will take a removal of the base attack speed.

Honestly, I feel like Riot could do all three (granted WC, would need a lower AD ratio if he got this and the AD ratio) and he would still be fine both AP and AD without either being overpowered. Plus it would really solidify stacked stack and finally make it seem like it isn't just an extra odd thing thrown on. Since AP levels SD last, they won't have their active's full potential till level 18...when AP TF starts to fall off anyway and could use a bit of extra attack speed.

Really, I think all three changes are worthy of at least testing on the PBE.

Urfman

10-04-2012

No.

Zerocaliber

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTransmuter View Post
No.
And why not?

Narilera

10-04-2012

sure why not. his range makes him pretty weak laning against most other AD carries, but hey...ad carry with spam able CC. ftw.

FlareBlade

10-04-2012

I'm relatively sure PaC scales with AD on AT LEAST red card so using Red Card late game won't reduce your DPS if you hit at least two people. But if you want AD TF to be viable -- I think it would be better to either buff his AS Steroid or increase his Auto Attack range. Wild Cards with a .8+ ratio while doing magic damage would be mildly absurd. (Magic damage on an AD Character doesn't make it worse -- it makes it better because it's harder to buy two types of resists instead of just armour)

Urfman

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
And why not?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zerocaliber View Post
All of the other AD champions (aside from Trist) have at least some AD scaling.

'other AD champions'

TF is not an AD champion. The best thing you could do that isn't building AP is att-speed on-hit TF.

Quintessence

10-04-2012

sounds good, wouldn't mind a slight range increase to go with it...

Zerocaliber

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MasterTransmuter View Post
'other AD champions'

TF is not an AD champion. The best thing you could do that isn't building AP is att-speed on-hit TF.
For a while, AD TF was significantly better than AP TF and everyone played him as such. Also, by your logic, Ezreal isn't an AD champion since he was designed as an AP one who could be built both ways.

TF was and still is the same way.

Quote:
But if you want AD TF to be viable -- I think it would be better to either buff his AS Steroid or increase his Auto Attack range.
Yeah, but the auto attack range affects AP TF significantly and the attack speed was nerfed for a reason. Honestly, he just needs the bonus AD ratio. His range is already as high as graves and he has high CC. The wild cards would just level the playing field.

Mortamor

10-04-2012

Gunblade would be amazingly OP with an AD ratio on Q. As in stronger offensively than everything but a Dcap OP.

Quintessence

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mortamor View Post
Gunblade would be amazingly OP with an AD ratio on Q. As in stronger offensively than everything but a Dcap OP.
no, simply no.

12345 ... 9