WTF? Racisim

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

a team mate

10-04-2012

Asians got hacks implemented in their heads. thats a fact.

StunnedandSlayed

10-04-2012

Korea save us from Soviets.

SanteLup

10-04-2012

they are simply the best. deal with it. just like jamaica made the fastest men in the world asia made the smartest gamers. deal with it ****tards. xenophobic idiots

Sylvr

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

I wouldn't call it racism. People want to see familiar faces in the finals. That's it. People who have been Starcraft fans are used to this, as we've always had to hear "Oh, your guy's victory doesn't mean anything since there were no Koreans there". The same thing is happening here, and it's frustrating.

Sevorast

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose Fisher View Post
Major issue are how the asian teams are able to focus on the game on the level of athletes while other nationalities have to play with jobs on the side.

This may not be 100% true, but it seems to be the general situation.
This is not true for the top teams. TSM, Curse, CLG off the top of my head for NA. Didn't CLG EU just get a gaming house as well? We know the guys from SK don't work either, unless you count streaming LoL as a 'job on the side.'

M5 has a gaming house as well. So what are the teams outside 'the asian teams' that have to work 'side jobs?' Please enlighten me, as I am drawing a blank trying to think who the 'working class' pro LoL teams might be.

steak style

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vendorizer View Post
But everybody knows asians win at everything video game related, its not racist if its true
not because of their race; they just take esports more seriously and practice harder

Moose Fisher

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevorast View Post
This is not true for the top teams. TSM, Curse, CLG off the top of my head for NA. Didn't CLG EU just get a gaming house as well? We know the guys from SK don't work either, unless you count streaming LoL as a 'job on the side.'

M5 has a gaming house as well. So what are the teams outside 'the asian teams' that have to work 'side jobs?' Please enlighten me, as I am drawing a blank trying to think who the 'working class' pro LoL teams might be.
Ah, you are more informed than I am. If the non-asian teams are able to set up gaming houses and commit to training regimen, than they are indeed on even grounds when they compete.

Sevorast

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by SanteLup View Post
they are simply the best. deal with it. just like jamaica made the fastest men in the world asia made the smartest gamers. deal with it ****tards. xenophobic idiots
You sure are aggressive about this. Gaming is largely a set of learned skills, and Korea happens to have a very well established system of support for gamers to become professionals and make a living doing so. Your comments are as silly as those idiots who keep flaming the Asian teams just for being Asian.

I wish all countries had such systems in place already, and I hope the popularity of Esports continues to grow so that we might see this everywhere in the future.

edit: Also I fail to see the correlation between 'smartest' and having the best hand-eye coordination and reaction times. Intelligence may play some part of competitive gaming, but if you look at the required skills to become a professional gamer for just about any genre of games you will see fast reaction times and hand-eye coordination are at the very top of the list for the vast majority. How good you are at math or how much you know about the history of eastern Europe doesn't mean much in the world of competitive gaming. Sorry to all you PHDs who were hoping to break into the scene on smarts alone :P

Darko37

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sevorast View Post
You sure are aggressive about this. Gaming is largely a learned skill, and Korea happens to have a very well established system of support for gamers to become professionals and make a living doing so. Your comments are as silly as those idiots who keep flaming the Asian teams just for being Asian.

I wish all countries had such systems in place already, and I hope the popularity of Esports continues to grow so that we might see this everywhere in the future.
True, gj for pointing that out.
Haters gth btw <3 Asian teams FTW

Darkwahn

10-04-2012

It's nationalism(mostly) ftr. And there's nothing wrong with hating a team because it isnt from your country. :/