Surrendering in a World Championship Match

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PrinceVert

10-04-2012

Freöhr

10-04-2012

Really though...there is money on the line, I would expect them to go till the end and hope for a miracle.

Convicted

10-04-2012

They weren't gonna win. They knew that the viewers knew that EVERYONE knew it.. It's better that they lose take the money they get go home and move on to a better game to watch.

Dragull2

10-04-2012

Yeah, one of them could have a heart attack at the end... I mean anything is possible...

WarlordAlpha

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-04-2012

You know, there's nothing wrong with surrendering. It's considered acceptable and even honorable in many other competitions.

Like, if they know they are beat, why bother dragging a game out for 10 more minutes? That's not the show the viewers came to see.

lil jojo

10-04-2012

Mine as well get more embarrassed

Bullistix

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WarlordAlpha View Post
You know, there's nothing wrong with surrendering. It's considered acceptable and even honorable in many other competitions.

Like, if they know they are beat, why bother dragging a game out for 10 more minutes? That's not the show the viewers came to see.
What other competition or REAL sport do you surrender in? We just saw the Olympics and even when you were getting destroyed you don't surrender, you play until it's over.

Saccharina

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

No, it's honorable and sportmanslike.

TerasDominicus

10-04-2012

Nothing is over until it's over.
That's what I know.

Gryphon

10-04-2012

The reason they surrendered was that they had already called gg thinking that the game was over. IG had taken off their headsets and stopped playing because their opponents admitted defeat in chat, so it would have been terrible sportsmanship to keep playing after that. Even the last 2 kills they got because of that were kinda bad manner, messing up the tourney stats.