Hybrid Penatration item concept - Anuket's Halberd

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Borseunder

09-22-2012

%100 penetration with darius would be fun lol

Irelia Bot

09-23-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Borseunder View Post
%100 penetration with darius would be fun lol
You are never going to get that and if you get this item you are likely building darius wrong in so many ways.

As for why not the 40% armor pen takes the targers armor and times it by .6 so 100 becomes 60

THen take that 60 and times it by the .7 that this would give if you have 30% and you have 42

Next you take that 42 and times it by .75 for the 25% Darius has on his E and you have 31.5

Finally if you have weapons expertise you this that 31.5 by .9 leaving 28.35 armor

This means you have 71.65% armor pen, several items for AP to get the 30% on this item likely taking up at least 3 item spots. another item spot taken up by LW meaning that you are going to be really squishy and not have much in the way of AD all in the name of having high % armor pen.

Irelia Bot

09-30-2012

Returning to the front page.

TheLastBaron88

10-01-2012

I like the concept of this. I find it difficult to itemize for hybrid champs, as you can build ad or ap, but you can't have much of both, and you can't excel at either. Getting around the resistances that the enemy is building seems to be about the only thing hybrids have going for them. And there really isn't a lot of variety in armor pen / magic pen items, to the point that I find them bland and hate having to build them. This would be a wonderful option for my Katarina build. But I would really like to hear a Rioter weigh in on this.

cerabrete2

10-01-2012

This item is a good idea to solve the late-game damage problem for a hybrid build. I don't think it will be enough of a incentive to build hybrid though, since the build options are still limited. One problem I still see is a lack of defensive options for hybrid.

IE:LW:Wits end:eathCap:Void staff:abyssal::Gunblade:Anukets:???

Irelia Bot

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by cerabrete2 View Post
This item is a good idea to solve the late-game damage problem for a hybrid build. I don't think it will be enough of a incentive to build hybrid though, since the build options are still limited. One problem I still see is a lack of defensive options for hybrid.

IE:LW:Wits end:eathCap:Void staff:abyssal::Gunblade:Anukets:???
All a matter of how you go about a build.

Akali can build frozen mallat and Crystal scepter then get a GA while still getting a gunblade and say a lichbane but a good akali picks off single targets meaning that a burst build is much better for her then a tanky build.

PeaceLeader

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Bump

Kionashi

10-03-2012

interesting conscept....i like it

Dark Kuno

10-04-2012

Honestly just give us an Item that combines Brutalizer with Haunting Guise.

Irelia Bot

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark Kuno View Post
Honestly just give us an Item that combines Brutalizer with Haunting Guise.
The issue wich such an item is that it is flat pen which is only good for taking out squishy champs.

IF you have 20 flat pen vs 30% pen the 30% pen is better against targets with 67 or more armor/MR.

Armor/Magic pen late game is mainly idea for taking down say a shen with 300 aromor and 200 MR. After you take down the Ez who only has around 50 armor without the aid of items.

This is also an idea 5th hybrid item to go with gunblade, rageblade lichbane/triforce and some defensive +AP/AD item such as a crystal scepter.