BUG - Minions autotarget

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

ForTehAnarchy

10-04-2012

Basically this has happened to me in a few games and its REALLY annoying (like seriously GAMEBREAKING). I join a beginner level Co op vs AI game, and anytime i hit an enemy champion all enemy minions around me stop attacking my minions and instantly lock on to me. This is really annoying because it often winds up killing me when any other time the kill would have clearly been mine, and just now it cost me a win.

Im not sure as to what causes this bug, or if its anywhere other than Co op Vs AI beginner games, but its really annoying and needs to be fixed. It happens only in the above mentioned gametype, and it happens randomly, so walking through the steps to enter a co op vs AI beginner level game would be redundant.

Warhero1

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-04-2012

This isn't a bug, its a game mechanic. If you attack the enemy champion, the creeps will turn to attack you.

This is why you don't just see people standing in creep waves attacking the enemy champion. Or if you do see that, then notify them of such.

Knowledge is power!

ForTehAnarchy

10-04-2012

no its not an in game mechanic, nor has it ever been. When you attack an enemy champion minions that are already in combat with other minions dont stop attacking the other minions and instantly target you. If that were the case then my minions would have been glitched because they continued attacking the enemy minions regaurdless of what happened.

CertainlyT

Champion Designer

10-05-2012
1 of 1 Riot Posts

Enemy minions nearby an enemy champion will begin attacking attacking you if you hit that champion with a basic attack or one of the abilities that "apply on hit effects", as these count as basic attacks.

Reiver

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ForTehAnarchy View Post
no its not an in game mechanic, nor has it ever been. When you attack an enemy champion minions that are already in combat with other minions dont stop attacking the other minions and instantly target you. If that were the case then my minions would have been glitched because they continued attacking the enemy minions regaurdless of what happened.
Abilities do not cause them to switch.

Autoattacks or abilities that apply on hit effects do cause them to switch to you.

This is how it's worked since I started playing over two years ago lol.

LiegeWaffles

Generous Lover

10-05-2012

On the wiki priority number one for minion behavior is to target enemy champions that are hitting friendly champions with basic attacks Spells do not count unless they apply on hit effects, it has been like this since beta 2009.

Down voting OP for reporting a game mechanic as a bug.

Fluxyyy

10-05-2012

This seems to be a general rule in all MOBA's, I've played DotA/2 and HoN and all minions in that game do the exact same thing. It's so you can't just "trade freely". But Abilities do not attract agro.

Prime

10-05-2012

You must have not played the tutorial and heard that chick keep yelling, "STAY BEHIND THE MINIONS"

YoshioPeePee

10-05-2012

reporting it as a bug and then angrily insisting it is a bug when someone who has likely been playing alot longer than you tries to tell you its a mechanic

waiting for op to argue with the red now