Cursor is locked in the screen's corner at game start

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

TheSeventhChaos

10-04-2012

I've been playing for a little over a week and I've noticed that at the beginning of every single game I play, the cursor is stuck in a small area in the bottom right part of the screen. The temp fix is easy, all I have to do is Alt+Tab out and back in, but I was wondering if anyone knew a permanent fix for this. Now that I'm starting to leave my bots only phase, playing normal matches are a little more tedious since I'm losing that time in the beginning.

Can anyone help?

Also one small noobish question, is there a level range for normal matches so that I don't get matched with a whole enemy team of lvl 30s?

RonniePunani

10-04-2012

I have that too but it only happens every like 7 games, but I have no problem with it at all. just as long as it doesn't lock in the middle of a game you know?

Tattersail

10-04-2012

How long does it take for you to Alt+Tab back in for you to be losing time? This happens to me often enough and I do the same. Alt+Tab and it's normally quick enough that no one has left base/are just leaving base I didn't lose anytime.

TalkDirty2MeSona

10-04-2012

If your running any programs in the background, it can cause that sometimes. I know if I have skype running in the background while I play, sometimes my cursor will get locked into the lower right hand corner untill I alt tab out and back in.

mnun

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by TalkDirty2MeSona View Post
If your running any programs in the background, it can cause that sometimes. I know if I have skype running in the background while I play, sometimes my cursor will get locked into the lower right hand corner untill I alt tab out and back in.
60 % of the time it's Skype 100% of the time

TheSeventhChaos

10-04-2012

LoL is the only thing I have open when this happens, other than my Task Manager which is always open. Occasionally I'll have Skype or Teamspeak open, but it doesn't change it at all. It's every single game to me. The Alt+Tab probably takes no more than 5 seconds, but it would still be nice to fix the problem. I'm going to try playing in windowed mode and see if it fixes it.

RonniePunani

10-05-2012

It's not even worth complaning about haha cause it's easy to fix.

Amatzikahni

10-05-2012

It has happened randomly to me for the past ~5 years and in many different games. Optical mice tend to glitch out occasionally, so lift it up a few inches and put it back down to fix it. If that's not the case, then I haven't heard of this glitch.

Malkontent69

10-05-2012

I agree that it's a minor bug with an easy temp fix, but it really does need to be addressed by Riot at some point. It happened to me the very first time I tried to play the game. If I hadn't happened to be playing with a friend who knew how to fix it I would probably have been really frustrated.

Darkaangel

10-05-2012

This is a screen size bug of sorts. What usually happens to me is i have another window selected when LoL starts the loading screen.

Some fixes, make sure you have the LoL client window selected when the game switches from champ select to game loading. Don't have other windows open during this time. Or just simply alt+tab out and then back in to fix before the loading is done and you'll never have problems.