Help thread for players, answer by 1800s.

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ethri

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

How do you lead a team to make the right choices? For example we were camping the enemy turret in mid with 5 enemies defending and our main initiator was 3 levels behind. I suggested to take the top outer turret because the minions had almost reached it, but everyone continued to walk in circles waiting for an initiation.

Another example from the same game... 2 enemies at inner middle turret, 1 trying to push back creep wave bottom, and 2 (slowly) pushing to take our outer top turret. We had 5 people at their middle turret despite my suggestion of taking their middle turrets they silently decided to stop the 2 person push top (which turned out to be a waste of time as expected).

Is there any way to convince your team of the most logical choice?

ExecutionerK

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Once again, in order to convince people, you usually want to do 3 things

1. Make logical call
2. Have good score
3. Don't rage.

Sometime, even when you are making good calls, they won't listen to you unless you have superior score, for example, when I am 5/1/7 on my Anivia, everyone listen to me, but when I am just 3/3/7 or worse, they will probably ignore you.

Ethri

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExecutionerKen View Post
Once again, in order to convince people, you usually want to do 3 things

1. Make logical call
2. Have good score
3. Don't rage.

Sometime, even when you are making good calls, they won't listen to you unless you have superior score, for example, when I am 5/1/7 on my Anivia, everyone listen to me, but when I am just 3/3/7 or worse, they will probably ignore you.
Where does the support and the tank fall into the above equation? (Since they are mostly assists)

Would it be best to just go along with the calls even if it ends up being the reason we lose? It just seems illogical, but I do know arguments among the teammates is the absolute worst thing for the game.

Also how do you handle bad advice from someone who always thinks they are right? Listening to them makes you lose fights, while ignoring them only leads to a raging preacher that tears your team apart (sometimes).

ExecutionerK

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ethri View Post
Where does the support and the tank fall into the above equation? (Since they are mostly assists)

Would it be best to just go along with the calls even if it ends up being the reason we lose? It just seems illogical, but I do know arguments among the teammates is the absolute worst thing for the game.

Also how do you handle bad advice from someone who always thinks they are right? Listening to them makes you lose fights, while ignoring them only leads to a raging preacher that tears your team apart (sometimes).
A support with a lot of assist with nearly no death will usually get listened when he calls, same with tanks.

It is never a smart idea to go with the bad calls, however, sometime there are ways to work around it, such as making suggestions like "or we can drag" "after this, do this" so that meanwhile you don't completely disagree with the guy who is making the call, you can also try to lead them, and after a few calls, people will just assume you will make the calls.

If a guy keeps making those calls, your best bet will be trying to get the team grouped together and just either push or take objective. Don't care about split push, don't care about farms. Forcing a team fight is your best bet as everyone should know what to do in a team fight.

Ethri

10-04-2012

Quote:
A support with a lot of assist with nearly no death will usually get listened when he calls, same with tanks.

It is never a smart idea to go with the bad calls, however, sometime there are ways to work around it, such as making suggestions like "or we can drag" "after this, do this" so that meanwhile you don't completely disagree with the guy who is making the call, you can also try to lead them, and after a few calls, people will just assume you will make the calls.

If a guy keeps making those calls, your best bet will be trying to get the team grouped together and just either push or take objective. Don't care about split push, don't care about farms. Forcing a team fight is your best bet as everyone should know what to do in a team fight.
Thank you very much! I will have to give this a try in my next game that I have issues with.

Though expecting everyone to know their job in a team fight is a bit too much to ask for. It is always fun to watch a replay of the ranged ADC just standing in the dead center of the fight auto attacking.

ESwaggerlicious

10-04-2012

How do you get your team to actually listen to you? Or how do you get others to listen to other people? Because I have realized in a wide range of my games that I have been losing due to a loss of communication, so can you help with that?

ExecutionerK

10-04-2012

Please read what I just said in the last few posts

Thorston13

10-10-2012

Is carrying a game as soloq impossible??, everywhere i read i should premade with a friend, but, well forever alone. I play all the roles because i don't seem to be able to play the roles i like the most because of trolls or complains.
im at 988 elo right now, but each time i get to 1k i just drop down again.

ExecutionerK

10-10-2012

Carrying a game is always possible, especially around 1k elo. This however, became more annoying when you are somewhere around 1.1k to 1.3k, where people just started ranked will tends to be around that elo. The reason that it is annoying because those people are only few games into ranked and have not reached their true elo. What this means is that you will have to have the skill to carry these people before you can have the possbility to break the barrier and get to 1400

I think you just need to work on your laning and gank more.

LarcyBrown

10-14-2012

Quote:
1. Really, really shouldn't build Yommu. Renekton is an AD caster, and yommu is for autoattacker.

2. Lolreplay is currently f**ked up for some people, I am one of them
should i have left it at brutaliser then? also its around the 26 min mark we get owned in a team fight when your lol replay is fixed.
I think some leadership could have avoided such a disaster.

what could i have said to shyvanna and ashe in that game for things to have went otheriwse?