Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

turrdfergason

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
LATEST POSTS:
10/2/12 - Pages 606 - 610 http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post29825751
10/2/12 - Pages 601 - 605 http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...66396&page=612
8/28/12 - Pages 585 - 592 http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post28744002
8/28/12 - Pages 593 - 600 http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...1#post28742992

Hey guys,

I've been meaning to do one of these for months but have always been swamped with work. So now that I have a day off I figured what the heck. All questions are welcome, but more serious ones get priority.

*Update*
Here's a list of things I generally don't talk about, or have been asked about too many times:
1) New Skins. Sorry guys, I shouldn't be giving away info on future skins.
2) Go fix the servers (or any other engineering resource). Heh, I love this one, but as a designer I have no control over these.
3) Cat Girl Ezreal. This one is just tired at this point.
4) Give us more info about x upcoming champ. I do occasionally answer this, usually when coupled with an interesting question. But because it is asked so often I usually have to ignore most of them (else I would give away everything about said champion over time).
5) Please no hyperlinks, I generally don't click through due to the sheer number of responses I want to give.
6) Recently I have been skipping a the posts that I often respond to.
7) I'm no longer responding to all posts since I can't seem to keep up any more =-P.
8) *NEW* Please check your post length, it's hard to post them if they are too long. I also don't have a ton of time so I can't go through an in depth analysis and still check out all of the posts.
9) *NEW* I don't reply to full champion kits as they take a lot of time and require a lot of feedback. Try posting 1-2 ability ideas instead.

Just started a Twitter account: RiotEzreal...though I have no idea what I'm doing.

So what is left to talk about?? Dota 2?

Hardbuttpounding

10-03-2012

Are their any plans for Twitch? I was thinking that maybe, just maybe, if you put an AS steroid on his ult, he would be more viable than his current state (Trash tier for a lot of players)

Baneson

10-03-2012

Thanks for the response Ezreal!

Thanks for doing this!

aimless231

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dekorballord View Post
@Ezreal
You know, I've been day dreaming a lot lately (and arguing with myself in my head, I think I might be going a little bit crazy) and thought a champion that is affected by the terrain would be really cool. Like, slight variations of the abilities in lane/brush/river and jungle. Possibly a skill shot that is a wave/knockback in the river a grass/snare line in the brush and a rockslide/stun in lane. I personally think that would be awesome, but maybe a bit too hard to design. I would REALLY appreciate it if you responded, and maybe gave a hint if you're doing anything like this. And on the remote chance you make something like this, or possibly similar, I know it's a bit much to ask but could I have a tiny piece of credit, possibly in the splash art? Thanks.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
Replies to pages 606-610.

Haha, that is a really 'cute' idea. To explain, we use that terminology when talking about abilities that sound cool on paper but might not work out in the game due to technical or conceptual problems. I love the concept of having a rock slide here and an entangle there, but it just screws too much with the player's ability to use the spell that they want to use. The outcome of characters like this are usually a mishmash of abilities on their kit that accomplish too many goals...but still have a hard time using the right ones when they need them. Leading mostly to frustration.
I call shenanigans! You already have characters that gain effects from standing in specific terrain, i.e. brush effects (Caitlyn, Rengar). You already have characters that can modify terrain to enhance themselves (Trundle, Nocturne). Just combine the two ideas... for example:

Puzz, the Swampy Scallywag

Innate: Mudborn: (Passive) Puzz gains a stack of Water each second he is on river terrain. Puzz gains a stack of Dirt each second he is on land terrain. Both Water and Dirt have a maximum of 6 stacks. Stacks last for 1 second after leaving a terrain type. Unless under the effects of Plague Swamp, Water and Dirt cannot stack simultaneously.

Q: Slime Sprint: (Active) Puzz dashes to a targeted enemy champion, dealing a percentage of his attack damage as physical damage.
Each stack of Dirt deals an additional X% of his attack damage as physical damage.
Each stack of Water deals X magic damage and increases the range of the dash by X.

W: Mud shield: (Passive) Puzz is covered in mud, which hardens to increase his armor and magic resistance by X when he reaches maximum stacks of Dirt. When Puzz reaches maximum stacks of Water, his movement speed is increase by a X.

E: Dirty Shot: (Active) Puzz throws water and mud in a linear skillshot, dealing damage and additional spell effects based on the stacks of Dirt and Water.
Stacks of Dirt add physical damage and a small AS reduction
Stacks of Water add magic damage and a moderate MS reduction.

R: Plague Swamp: (Active) Puzz summons his swamp to erupt over a target location. The swap deals initial magic damage to all enemies in the AoE and grants him additional movement and attack speed for the duration. Additionally, Plague Swamp grants maximum stacks of Dirt and Water upon cast and will refresh stacks of both.

TLDR: When he's been in the water for 6+ seconds, he is a much more more mobile champion that deals less physical damage, but more burst magic damage. When he's been on land for 6+ seconds, he deals more physical damage and is a much better fighter. His ultimate gives him both.

So he can gank from the river really well, but not from anywhere else (except when in his ultimate). But standing on land for a while makes him a better fighter, so he can still teamfight effectively

Exacerberus

10-03-2012

Ezreal, would you tweak LeBlancs numbers bit? You could nerf her base damage and increase her scaling just a tad (or improve her CC) to compensate for that.
It just doesn't make any sense to have a champ that is such powerful pub-stomper earlygame but transitions into below average in lategame (that also contraddicts her lore quite a bit, since she's a mastermind planner that uses time and knowledge to seize any advantage and take the lead).

Decreasing her Sigil of Silence CD by 0.25 per rank (-1 second CD at lev 5) or decreasing by 0,5s the time to trigget the root effect on Ethereal Chains -or increase the slow- (all whilst decreasing her base damage on both and increasing their scaling) are just two examples that came to my mind. Also, improving her autoattck animation a bit would help fixing her lackluster farming power.

I'm not sure if you completely disagree on these suggestions yet atm, due to her lack of AoE power and lategame reliabiliy, LB is not played at all in competitive tournaments and in high Elo soloqueue some creative players are turning her into a support. Don't you find it all a bit weird?

Anyway, thanks for answering to so much stuff in this thread <3

matrinox

10-03-2012

Heyy Ezreal,

I came up with a water champ a while back when I first started playing. The kit revolves around using auto attacks as aiming for abilities (I.e. attacks followed by abilities). Each auto attack creates a stack up to 5.

Her first three abilities add stacks and/or interact with it, such as dealing damage based on how many stacks they have (like Twitch's Expunge). Her ultimate is like Kennen's, except its a rainstorm. And instead of auto adding stacks automatically, it increases her attack speed and the number of stacks per autoattack.

What do you think of this kind of champion? Can the kit be balanced or are there design problems that can exist with a champ that uses autoattacks for aiming?

Sabrestrike

10-03-2012

Quote:
We want to buff / rework / remove items that we find to be a waste of space in the game. Quite frankly if no one ever buys a Tiamat then we should either find a way to make it into an awesome item or remove it. Because yes, items which aren't used are a waste or space and act as an additional barrier to entry when trying to learn the game.
Honestly, two or three things could be done to make Tiamat viable/useful. First and most importantly, make it toggle on/off by pressing the item number. When a champ doesn't want to push it's a bad item to have.

Second, choose a better stat pool for the item. Health/mana regen typically aren't relevant for the kinds of champions that would build the item (pick axe + long sword + dagger or recurve bow as an alternative, maybe?).

Lastly, it could maybe use a buff on either the AoE damage or AoE radius, but make the effect unique like almost every other unique passive. This would limit abuse cases of like, five Tiamat stacking.

mr underhilI

10-03-2012

heimerdinger,...
please i beg you give us an update on him

i heared somewhere a riot staff saying that the remake will be don before season 2 ends or something. butt there is still no new about it

i love heimer and really like to know if there is anything new about it.

mr underhilI

10-03-2012

heimerdinger,...
please i beg you give us an update on him

i heared somewhere a riot staff saying that the remake will be don before season 2 ends or something. butt there is still no new about it

i love heimer and really like to know if there is anything new about it.

Fairness

10-03-2012

Hey Ezreal! Do you think this would be a cool design, or is it totally wack in a bad way?

Ilma: The Weeping Wanderer. She's really sad but cute too (A cute, blonde haired Yordle ) She's like really sad so she hides herself and stuff and no one notices her and she's self concious LOL. (She's also really, really squishy, THE SQUISHIEST CHAMPION). She uses mana.

I'm not really good with numbers but this is the kit:

Passive - Tears
When not using skills and standing on water created by her skills, Ilma becomes stealthed. (she unstealths when using skills like Akali).

The scariest thing about supports, is getting caught out while trying to ward and getting caught out while trying to support people. This passive would allow her to hide and still support her allies (She would be unstealthed like Akali or something when using skills).

Q - Flow
Ilma sends out a high pressure water ball dealing magic damage if it hits an enemy or healing if it hits an ally. Anyone hit with the ball will leave a trail of water for 3/4/5/6/7 seconds, Ilma's passive will activate if she is standing on the trail.

This skill is pretty cool, I think. The heal definitely wouldn't be something huge like Soraka, and it would be a skillshot. It would be mainly used for harass in lane (It's a skillshot) and to keep safe while supporting her team.

W - Flourish
Ilma creates a puddle of water (size of akali's shroud) for 8 seconds, slowing enemies who walk on it and slowly healing herself over time while she is on it (not allies), Ilma's passive will activate for the duration of flourish.

This skill is kind of exactly like Akali's shroud but with a really tiny heal over time (like a potion or something). I don't really like it but it's going to be useful for her ultimate. Oh and It's not targeted, it just drops down where she's standing so it's basically like those squids that squirt ink, she just squirts a puddle LOL.

E - Maelstrom
Ilma calls up a whirlpool that lets out an AOE burst of water, damaging and slowing affected enemies. ( Does not activate passive).

Kind of like Cho'Gath's rupture but without the knock-up.
(I kind of like this skill, but not really) Maybe this would be better:

E - Siren's Calling
It's Ilma's time to shine, she can finally show off her lovely voice to someone, taunting them. (or charm )
(Musical notes everywhere!)

Kind of like Rammus' taunt but with a bit more range.

R - Deluge
Ilma calls down a heavy downpour of water, suppressing and damaging the targeted enemy (like WW's ult but a bit more range). If cast on an ally, Ilma swaps health percentages with an ally (If target ally was at 10% health and Ilma at 100% health, they would swap). Ilma is suppressed herself for the duration of both her ultimates.

I think this is pretty cool, she can initiate or gank, or use a CLUTCH support "heal". Both leave her very vulnerable and she would be wise to target first for a low percentage heal. Her W helps with this also because it can heal her (a small amount over time). She wouldn't be stealthed either because using skills unstealths her for a bit.

Ilma means water in a language (I forgot which one haha).