Do you think fixing Trundle's technical issues would make him OP?

Yes 79 7.89%
No 632 63.14%
Maybe/Don't know 290 28.97%
Voters: 1001. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: Would fixing Trundle's technical issues make him overpowered?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Warkeiser

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

C'mon... information por favor.

Scarizard

Live Balance Designer

10-03-2012
4 of 5 Riot Posts

Sup dudes! Sorry i haven't been able to poke in this thread yet, i've been megaswamped but i haven't forgotten about you fine summoners.

I'm testing some changes (with the help of resident Superwizard Wiksy) that will solve/ease Trundle's tech issues, specifically concerning clunkiness with using Rabid Bite and Contaminate. I won't go too far into specifics, but i really think cleaning up these spells can go a long way in Trundle's viability as a jungler on live. This isn't to confirm or deny that more updates/buffs shouldn't come the troll's way, but i want to see what he's like when he is actually able to stick to targets like the tanky man he is instead of waving his arms around and yelling for a bit as his victims run away D:

So, that's all i have for the moment.Vague? Maybe! But rest assured that Trundle's something i'm personally looking at improving even if he's not top-level priority for everyone on Live currently.

And yes, 'Superwizard' is his actual title.

Astaare

10-03-2012

I'll bet the SSoTP is pleased by this news.

Black Roofis

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post
Sup dudes! Sorry i haven't been able to poke in this thread yet, i've been megaswamped but i haven't forgotten about you fine summoners.

I'm testing some changes (with the help of resident Superwizard Wiksy) that will solve/ease Trundle's tech issues, specifically concerning clunkiness with using Rabid Bite and Contaminate. I won't go too far into specifics, but i really think cleaning up these spells can go a long way in Trundle's viability as a jungler on live. This isn't to confirm or deny that more updates/buffs shouldn't come the troll's way, but i want to see what he's like when he is actually able to stick to targets like the tanky man he is instead of waving his arms around and yelling for a bit as his victims run away D:

So, that's all i have for the moment.Vague? Maybe! But rest assured that Trundle's something i'm personally looking at improving even if he's not top-level priority for everyone on Live currently.

I love you so much right now......

GENOCIDEGeorge

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scarizard View Post

Thank you so bloody much.

Vanilla Squid

10-03-2012

Goodness gracious, this is exactly how Riot staff should behave! Take notes, all other Rioters! Roughly 1 red post every 4 pages, and little updates like "I still don't know what's going on, but haven't forgotten about you guys" are a HUUUUUUUUUUUUUUGE gesture of goodwill toward the community. A+ would read again.

Mo00se

10-03-2012

Yay trundle

Aikimiller

10-04-2012

FINALLY

Maybe, one day, Trundle will even be a competetive pick. That would be nice.

Light Fantastic

10-04-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aikimiller View Post
FINALLY

Maybe, one day, Trundle will even be a competetive pick. That would be nice.
He was competitive, briefly, before the jungle nerf. He had one of the fastest clear times with an awful lot of sustain, which when combined with high single-target DPS made him one of the best counterjunglers out there. He did fall off late game a bit, but none of that mattered if you gimped their jungler enough.

Then the jungle nerf made the jungle facerollable. Suddenly Trundle's sustain wasn't special any more, he didn't have the AoE necessary to farm small camps quickly, counterjungling was less powerful, his ganks weren't as good as many of the champs who could now jungle and his late game was gimped even further by the reduced gold income. All of these are small problems, but they add up. I don't think fixing his technical issues is going to compensate for all of this.

Yousonerfed

10-20-2012

So Trundle is getting a mana cost reduction on his Q. That's a small victory, but not the one he needs most.