How to get "Unskilled Players" banned

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kari Arisu

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Just saying, isn't it impossible to report and honor someone? I'm pretty sure the other option greys out when you do one.

Augustice

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
We don't ban people for being bad at things, we just ban them for being a jerk, so I don't think that would apply in this case.
So why am I able to report for being an "unskilled player"?

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-03-2012

Quote:
We don't ban people for being bad at things, we just ban them for being a jerk, so I don't think that would apply in this case.
Fair enough, I was running with the impression that 'attempting to be a jerk' was equivalent to 'being a jerk' wrt retribution.

Rhiljeryne

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augustice View Post
For them to likely be flagged to que with someone 'less skilled' and for you have to a 'punching bag' for venting so to speak.

Zileas

VP of Game Design

10-05-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
We don't ban for that. But we do collect the data and use it for a few things.

There should not be a punishment for being bad at the game. However, we do want matches to be fair, etc. It's one of many data points we can collect.

Crunchdoggie

10-05-2012

Wait, does reporting someone for unskilled player help? I never do it, but if it helps them get to their rightful ELO I'd be happy to start.

Teemo Support GG

10-05-2012

Quote:
If you read what it says when you hover over report unskilled ,it says its not a punishable offense, its just used to reduce peoples hidden elo to get them to opponents their level.

Which is a good goal.

Joystick

10-05-2012

Zileas I have no problems with people that aren't as skilled as myself at this game. One thing I've noticed however is I'll often times be matched with people who have about 160 wins while I have close to 500 wins. On the opposite team I might be matched against one or two people who have 1,000+ wins. So not only am I going against someone who has far more experience than myself, but the person on my team with 160 wins is FAR outmatched as far as experience goes. Why does this happen? What sort of metrics are used to determine a matching such as this? Is number of games played taken into consideration in the matchmaking system?

This is something that has been bothering me for awhile and I would very much appreciate an answer. Thank you.

Yarumasi

10-05-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinByLosing View Post
Give them Honor points.

From Lyte:

Since players who are "unskilled" usually never get banned even though they go 0-20 in game and because tribunal always pardons them if you report these "unskilled" players for intentional feeding, the only way to get them banned is to give them honor points and report them at the same time.

This will flag them on multiple systems and get them banned without the need for tribunal.

Thanks for the tip Lyte.
I hope you get banned you ******, seriously just because people aren't good at the game doesn't mean they should be banned

Fairness

10-05-2012

Quote:
We don't ban for that. But we do collect the data and use it for a few things.

There should not be a punishment for being bad at the game. However, we do want matches to be fair, etc. It's one of many data points we can collect.
It's a placebo guys (don't tell anyone).