Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

AIodia

10-03-2012

tracking pixels?... please elaborate

SandBeard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Wait, what the ferrari are 3rd party cookies and while you explain that why are they called cookies anyways??? o.O

Princess Gobball

10-03-2012

You mentioned wanting to know where league players are coming from... will this in any way accelerate the formation of Australia/Oceania servers? I am very keen to hear of some progress towards that.

AlmightySOUK

10-03-2012

Well at least there isn't any human centi-pad **** goin on.

The Illithid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

For the record, I read all of the legal jibber-jabber for games that I actually play.

Let's see if you can beat Microsoft, which has TWO typos in its current Xbox Live Gold terms of service. (If I remember correctly, you did well with the last one from April 2011)

ElBoob

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by vokkyt View Post
Can you elaborate on the usage of the tracking pixels/cookies, particularly, will the information obtained by these be used for internal usage or will the information be provided to advertisement services?

Will the use of privacy add-ons such as Ghostery, NoScript, Adblock, etc, which mitigate or prevent tracking methods hinder the use of the website?
^This, for the love of Cthulu THIS!!^

Eletale

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
[*]We want to understand where new League of Legends players are coming from, so we’re gonna make use of more 3rd party cookies as well as tracking pixels, and the updated policy reflects this.
I'm not quite sure what does this mean, specially since you mention 3rd parties and later say only Riot will have access to this information. Does it also only involve new players?

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Illithid View Post
For the record, I read all of the legal jibber-jabber for games that I actually play.

Let's see if you can be Microsoft, which has TWO typos in its current Xbox Live Gold terms of service. (If I remember correctly, you did well with the last one from April 2011)
I still remember the PBE one, when it said that content could later be changed, removed, modified, "nerfed"... I lol'd at that one for a legal disclaim.

LoL33ta

10-03-2012

Quote:
  • We want to understand where new League of Legends players are coming from, so we’re gonna make use of more 3rd party cookies as well as tracking pixels, and the updated policy reflects this.
Translation: Riot makes more monies by tracking you. However, this doesn't affect me.
Quote:
  • Like in the privacy policy update, we collect and store payment data.
Translation: Riot, a young and inexperienced company who has enjoyed phenomenal growth in a short time which makes them a very appealing target to cyber criminals, has decided to maintain a copy of your payment information. This also does not affect me.

Commence downvoting!

Tenmar

10-03-2012

Is there anyway out of the arbitration part of the TOS? Cause I like to preserve my rights as an american thank you very much.

Ballbag69

10-03-2012

I still don't believe anything that's been said here. How do we KNOW you aren't storing any of our information? It's your word against ours and anyone can lie on the internet.