Do you want the Spider Queen to join the League?

Yes 24,209 85.79%
No 4,010 14.21%
Voters: 28219. You may not vote on this poll

A challenge from Zileas himself, The Spider Queen needs you!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Muranodo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

So many bump comments.

dirtpoor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
So, the blind monk one made sense. But seriously, this one is just too far out there. I get why some of you are excited, but it's just not an archetype most people 'get'. Too many twists. Spider Lady is already pretty exotic. Spider Lady with Victorian umbrella is way out there. I think it's too niche. Lots of peolpe want to be a badass martial arts monk, it's an aspirational role.

On the other hand, who wants to be an overweight balding drunk guy (Gragas)? Note that he's not that popular even though he's very fun.

Victorian umbrella spider woman is not typically a fantasy people have of who they want to be ;p

If the concept is too far out there, or isn't aspirational, it's just less popular. Spider queen has both of these issues, which is why we haven't made her.

Of course, badass spider/woman hybrid who spins you into cocoons and poisons you might be OK.

- Zileas
Problem solved. Give her an umbrella. Shes so bad ass that she doesnt use the umbrella as a weapon. Her passive involves "Anytime Spider Queen gets the killing blow enemies explode in torrents of blood." (or something cool like that. Doesnt have to be passive just conveying the concept that involves enemies exploding in a bloodbath, hence the umbrella)

SoBeNirvana

Adjudicator

10-03-2012

Kha'Zix sold really well, apparently. Enough to make them think they've found a handle on doing monsterous Champs, finally. Which is good news for Priss.

Flytrap

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
*Whistle*
Wait, what does this mean?

CAN IT BE?!?!?!

Timjin

10-03-2012

Can she be a spider Tank?

dirtpoor

10-03-2012

Quote:
I will say we will never do the Spider Queen you've seen in the pre-launch images.

I will say that spider+queen can be cool.

*Tension*
Ohhh a frost spider. Sweet. I think another frozen/ice champ would be welcomed. Although ice implies no blood-umbrella shield

Overlord Hades

10-03-2012

this should happen.

Evelynn Butt

10-03-2012

Quote:
*Whistle*
why would you say this this week of all weeks, the one week in the year most likely to not have any champion reveals, because you'll all be focusing on promoting the championships

MikuMelody

10-03-2012

Bump

Morello

Lead Designer

10-03-2012
11 of 20 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pterodactyl Man View Post
why would you say this this week of all weeks, the one week in the year most likely to not have any champion reveals, because you'll all be focusing on promoting the championships
Why indeed.

Am I not beyond playful torture?