Should Riot make a "water is healing" style support Champion?

Yes 783 89.79%
No 89 10.21%
Voters: 872. You may not vote on this poll

@Riot: For a future support, can you go with the "water is healing" angle?

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

facetious

10-03-2012

AoE heal with water makes much more sense than an AoE heal with a fan of blades.

Just sayin', KARMA. -_-

Rompin

10-03-2012

Dont we have a water/fish person in Fizz?

Yousonerfed

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rompin View Post
Dont we have a water/fish person in Fizz?
Destructive water aspect, not a healing water aspect.

Youso1337

10-03-2012

Bump?

Man0nFire

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKJoker View Post
Zomg, it's Megaman in Girl form.

+1
More like Aquaman XD

Btw, I would buy her, but I would like to see her W replaced by a stun, or something like an aoe slow, as 0 cs supports are still completely viable in this meta (looks at Taric ^^).

Morello

Lead Designer

10-03-2012
1 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yousogreat View Post
It's something I've seen in a good number of other games and shows, but so far League hasn't done anything like that. The only two water Champions, Fizz and Nautilus, are all about water's destructive power, which is a bit of a polarized view.

IMO, a support mermaid Champion would be a nice addition.

"WHOA! THAT ULTIMATE IS OP!!!"

Long cooldown, limited range, only affects one target, and taking out Yue herself is pretty easy to do.

If you have any other "OP! HURR DURR!" comments, you'd better have a good argument to back them up.

"That Q makes Karma's look like a joke!"

Consider the downsides: Yue's is weaker unless she charges it, during which time she can't use other spells/abilities, it doesn't work nearly as well as Karma's spells when her target is low on health, and Yue's version has a longer cooldown.

Also, don't compare Champions only on single abilities; Riot says you kinda can't do that.

"How would a mermaid fight on land? Don't they have fish tails for legs?"

You think I'm suggesting a typical fantasy mermaid? Riot would instantly say "that's boring!", so I'd use a model with human legs and fins along the body, more like a Zora from Legend of Zelda. Much different.

"This belongs in Player Concepts, not General Discussion!"

There is already a topic there for Yue: http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2220751

I am simply pasting the TL;DR summary from that topic here to give an example of what I'd try for a support mermaid Champion. It's to illustrate the idea.

Feel free to give constructive criticism on Yue, and vote above if you want to see Riot go for the whole "healing water" angle.

EDIT: Quote from Ezreal!

Please say you'll make it a mermaid with legs. Please?
I've always like the mermaid/water caster angle. Agreed we don't have something like this in League yet, but I think a lot of people would like it.

As for water magic, healing is expected, but no dedicated healers would mean a water mage would have to do other things like whirlpools, tidal waves, other cool stuff too. I do think "support" and water really meshes, also.

TheWaveWizard

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
I've always like the mermaid/water caster angle. Agreed we don't have something like this in League yet, but I think a lot of people would like it.

As for water magic, healing is expected, but no dedicated healers would mean a water mage would have to do other things like whirlpools, tidal waves, other cool stuff too. I do think "support" and water really meshes, also.
So... yes?

Heil Teemo

10-03-2012

I was under the impression that Riot hated supports that could sustain, and that their graphics engine couldn't animate water very well. I'd love to be proven wrong.

Cheap0

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post

Sounds kind of like Janna 2.0 anyway.

Morello

Lead Designer

10-03-2012
2 of 18 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapo5020 View Post
Sounds kind of like Janna 2.0 anyway.
Edited out because unneeded meanness.

Sorry, the "LOL 2.0" thing is such a superficial analysis that gets used a lot. Gets under my skin.