{Contest Results} Flash Contest #2

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

To MadHatterSnydra did you not notice that my entry character had stats listed or was it unclear to you in some way?

Death Crave

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Hey FlamesofTerror hate to be a bother but MadHatterSnydra refuses to judge my champion because I didnt use exact stats.

However it was stated in the guideline rules that you did not need to use exact stats.

Not sure what their problem is, I tried talking to them ingame and they seemed very hard headed about it even after I explained that the rules never asked for exact stats.

It wouldnt bother me if they simply forgot to review it, or didnt notice the stats I had put, but they are choosing to not review it without reason.

I am aware I will look like a crybaby for this post, but honestly it is pretty lame to have someone as a Judge not even following the guideline rules that were set by the contest creator.

h0vlol

10-03-2012

I was talking to FlamesofTerror the Whole time i was judging. I even told him that I wasnt able to judge your champion.

proXc

10-03-2012

@Death Crave: You'll still be judged by the other judges, MadHatterSyndra probably just feels that the champion concept isn't judgeable because of non-numerical stats - it won't bring your average down. Some people weigh balance of abilities by how the base of the champion can work those abilities and without actual numbers it's guess work.

BigBenClockTower

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Death Crave View Post
Hey FlamesofTerror hate to be a bother but MadHatterSnydra refuses to judge my champion because I didnt use exact stats.

However it was stated in the guideline rules that you did not need to use exact stats.

Not sure what their problem is, I tried talking to them ingame and they seemed very hard headed about it even after I explained that the rules never asked for exact stats.

It wouldnt bother me if they simply forgot to review it, or didnt notice the stats I had put, but they are choosing to not review it without reason.

I am aware I will look like a crybaby for this post, but honestly it is pretty lame to have someone as a Judge not even following the guideline rules that were set by the contest creator.
You used a 1 to 10 scale for stats when it is far more professional to give exact numbers.

iZianni

10-03-2012

Yet, you can define champions with high or low. He at least deserves one point (Or half a point) for at least conveying his point, it's more clear than some other things in other champions I've read.

/We're not trying to be professional though, I thought this was to improve instead you're just wailing on him for making a mistake in his sheet. There is a universal way to write a Champion and there are many ways to do certain parts. I don't feel like forcing people to use a way unfamiliar to them, personally I suck with numbers, and I really have no clue what I'd be putting down unless I used a couple examples.

Styrgwyr

10-03-2012

Oh wow, I did not see all this happen, what a mess!

Please respect the judges and their decisions, remember you agreed to join their contest, so it is their rules, if there is no written or explained review and they didn't say there was going to be, it unfair to ask for one.

I'm sure they took procedures in their own way to judge this contest, though I wasn't exactly talking to the rest of the judges that was my own fault so what they say pretty much goes.

My only two cents is that people should judge what they excel at mostly, if its numbers, do a detail analysis of numbers, or concept, lore or synergy like myself.

iZianni

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrgwyr View Post
Oh wow, I did not see all this happen, what a mess!

Please respect the judges and their decisions, remember you agreed to join their contest, so it is their rules, if there is no written or explained review and they didn't say there was going to be, it unfair to ask for one.

I'm sure they took procedures in their own way to judge this contest, though I wasn't exactly talking to the rest of the judges that was my own fault so what they say pretty much goes.

My only two cents is that people should judge what they excel at mostly, if its numbers, do a detail analysis of numbers, or concept, lore or synergy like myself.
There's not enough people and what we're looking for is an opinion as whole. To have people judge what they excel in would be placing extremely high expectations on the participants. The most fair way is to just have certain people judge the entire thing in whole and then average the scores.

Styrgwyr

10-03-2012

Oh no, I meant do both.

Just add a bit of what they excel at for some originality but still do the point system.

Pethrax

10-03-2012

As iZianni has stated to FlamesofTerror, he is unable to finish his judging, therefor, I will be stepping in to judge.