Updates to Legal Jibber Jabber

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fatal Error 404

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

ok ty

CupcakeTrap

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Question for Lomar:

Lochner -- justifiably part of the "anti-canon" or a reasonable doctrine improperly distinguished from the rest of the Fourteenth Amendment protections?

It's a burning question.

... also what are you talking about when you say "pixel tracking"? When are you tracking "where we come from"?

And third: tell me more about this arbitration clause and what you think its legal effect is.

Meesh

10-03-2012

Cool! Thanks for letting us know, and making it in a legible way

Skytop

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lomar View Post
In the event of a dispute, you and Riot agree to binding, individual arbitration of your claims (except for in certain, limited circumstances).
This means no class action lawsuits correct?

Dreampod

10-03-2012

Disappointed in the individual arbitration clause. I realise that it is all the rage these days and don't foresee any need for a class action case against Riot, but I dislike how companies are systematically dismantling legal protections that are vital to the proper operation of the judicial system by using EULA's. You guys are better than that and ought to act as good corporate citizens and set an example for others rather than sinking to their level.

TiKD

10-03-2012

Tl;dr

riot is instating martial law

RockHonorRoll

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Azragal View Post
So my privacy info is protected by..... Bromen?
Free beer with every accepted contract of the legal terms dude. 'hick'

Dreadgoat54321

10-03-2012

I am the law!!!

Dreampod

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CupcakeTrap View Post
It's a burning question.

... also what are you talking about when you say "pixel tracking"? When are you tracking "where we come from"?
Pixel Tracking is an ethically questionable form of detecting whether users have visited a page despite disallowing or deleting cookies or if they have opened an email on an third-party service. It basically is an invisible, tiny image that is named uniquely to each IP/browser that accesses it and allows the site to gather information about whether you have accessed it before across any of their other sites.

Tracking Pixel
Cookies

YoshioPeePee

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dreampod View Post
Disappointed in the individual arbitration clause. I realise that it is all the rage these days and don't foresee any need for a class action case against Riot, but I dislike how companies are systematically dismantling legal protections that are vital to the proper operation of the judicial system by using EULA's. You guys are better than that and ought to act as good corporate citizens and set an example for others rather than sinking to their level.
many mediators are retired judges and lawyers, i don't see anything wrong with solving disputes through arbitration