Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
50 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LizardMixture View Post
I've already seen people on streams I've been watching trying to trade honor in chat.

Something like "GG - Honor me and I will honor you!".

Shame.
If you do see such players, just report them for "Spamming" and the system will take care of the rest.

DreamsOfGrandeur

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlexDnD2 View Post
LOL. Best of intentions always back fires heh.
Not when they're backed up with reasonable goals, multiple varieties of relevant data-sampling, and serious data analyses.

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
51 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Altrec View Post
Making it harder for them to acquire points is punishment. Making people turn on all chat and listen to the nonsense that often spews from the other team so they can suck up for points is punishment.
Then just pretend you're completely restricted and can't Honor anyone if you are in a premade 5. One of this initiative's goals is to inspire our players to be respectful to strangers they have never played with before. Premades already know each other and have enjoyable games together--we're trying to impact the games that are less enjoyable.

Noric

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Then just pretend you're completely restricted and can't Honor anyone if you are in a premade 5. One of this initiative's goals is to inspire our players to be respectful to strangers they have never played with before. Premades already know each other and have enjoyable games together--we're trying to impact the games that are less enjoyable.
Any reason to not disable honor to people on your friend's list (or people you are premade with)?

Kittyrina

10-03-2012

I've been playing some more games with the honor system in place, and starting to see a pattern of behaviour in the post-game lobby. A lot of people are begging for honor after the matches, as well as offering to "trade" honour.

Usually I try to tell them that honor trading isn't allowed and is punishable, but they largely just laugh at me and don't believe me.

Lyte has said that we can report people under "spamming" when they try to abuse the honor system with honor trading. Does this also hold for honor-begging? I find myself not entirely sure what is reportable and what isn't. My report rate would go WAY up if I start reporting everyone who does this, and I'm also concerned about becoming flagged as a frivolous reporter.

Here's an example of a post-game lobby:

Summoner 1: Honor me plz!
Summoner 2: Me too!
Summoner 3: Me too!
Summoner 4: Tryndamere! Give me honor and I will give you honor, ok?
Summoner 5: Me too, Tryndamere!

Which of these 5 people have done enough to deserve a report under the spamming category for honor abuse? All of them? Just Summoner 4? Summoner 4 and 5? Is a "me too" in a post-game lobby enough for a report?

I've mostly refused to give honor to anyone begging for it or asking to trade honor, even if I had been previously considering doing so based on their behaviour in-game. Partially because I think it's not the purpose of the system, and partially because I think I will be flagged as well as an honor trader even if their in-game behaviour deserved some honor.

Any feedback on these issues, Lyte? Anyone else have opinions?

PDiddy

10-03-2012

@Lyte- Is it wrong to trade honor?

Here the discussion that got closed with no real input other than, "This is not what riot intended."

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2629759

Which I agree with, however, I don't see any negative or toxic experiences coming from this.

If you have time skim through the thread pls, as I believe my point came across better after a few posts.

EDIT: I think this is the question i REALLY want answered

Again, I agree with you on the intention of honor. But if "Bribing" helps get better team comps aka less trolling, why is that bad or toxic?

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kittyrina View Post
I've been playing some more games with the honor system in place, and starting to see a pattern of behaviour in the post-game lobby. A lot of people are begging for honor after the matches, as well as offering to "trade" honour.

Usually I try to tell them that honor trading isn't allowed and is punishable, but they largely just laugh at me and don't believe me.

Lyte has said that we can report people under "spamming" when they try to abuse the honor system with honor trading. Does this also hold for honor-begging? I find myself not entirely sure what is reportable and what isn't. My report rate would go WAY up if I start reporting everyone who does this, and I'm also concerned about becoming flagged as a frivolous reporter.

Here's an example of a post-game lobby:

Summoner 1: Honor me plz!
Summoner 2: Me too!
Summoner 3: Me too!
Summoner 4: Tryndamere! Give me honor and I will give you honor, ok?
Summoner 5: Me too, Tryndamere!

Which of these 5 people have done enough to deserve a report under the spamming category for honor abuse? All of them? Just Summoner 4? Summoner 4 and 5? Is a "me too" in a post-game lobby enough for a report?

I've mostly refused to give honor to anyone begging for it or asking to trade honor, even if I had been previously considering doing so based on their behaviour in-game. Partially because I think it's not the purpose of the system, and partially because I think I will be flagged as well as an honor trader even if their in-game behaviour deserved some honor.

Any feedback on these issues, Lyte? Anyone else have opinions?
By the sound of it, reporting all of those people would be fine. As I understand it, the Honor system has sufficient math built in to it to detect if abuse is going on quite accurately.
And if it turns out that nothing actually happened, then the reports will likely just disappear. I've never heard of someone suffering consequence from too many reports, but perhaps Lyte could shed some light on this.

Kittyrina

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ghan04 View Post
By the sound of it, reporting all of those people would be fine. As I understand it, the Honor system has sufficient math built in to it to detect if abuse is going on quite accurately.
And if it turns out that nothing actually happened, then the reports will likely just disappear. I've never heard of someone suffering consequence from too many reports, but perhaps Lyte could shed some light on this.
They ran a sweep a while back where they suspended people who had ridiculous report rates; usually there were a lot of frivolous reports against people who didn't deserve it, they were abusing the reporting system by reporting everyone who they disagreed with about anything, that kind of thing. Mostly trolls, just want to make sure that reporting multiple people for spamming every game for honor-related things in the post-game lobby won't make my account look more suspicious to those kinds of sweeps.

TheUlf

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bellzelut View Post
Is it just me or is the faq part of the honor system announcement not working? I'm using IE9
Bad news, I've identified your problem.

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Thats fine so long as you never give out any kind of reward for this system. If you ever give out a reward you are telling people they should not play with friends, and will be punished for doing so.

I should not have to be subjected to the fake gratitude/humbleness of strangers trying to suck up for points. I will never honor someone no matter how nice they seem because I can only assume it is a pathetic attempt to fish for points.