Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Taoist Magic

10-03-2012

Nice to see Riot putting some real effort behind making the community better.
Thanks you guys.

Whoever came up with that idea needs a bonus btw

Zargath1

10-03-2012

what an useless feature... Really, we need honor to realize our value in a video game? Come on... It's just another waste of time for riot... How about doing somethign that really change the gaming experience instead..

Grimmhammer

10-03-2012

Who wants a banana sticker? (grabs belt buckle)

Altrec

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
Premades aren't being punished for it. They are just encouraged to get most of their Honor from other sources.
Making it harder for them to acquire points is punishment. Making people turn on all chat and listen to the nonsense that often spews from the other team so they can suck up for points is punishment.

Sereg Anfaug

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Is there, or will there in the future, be a way to award honor after you've left the final screen?

I completely forgot about it today, clicked back to the main client, and then realized I ought to have honored some of my teammates, but couldn't do so anymore.

Maybe make it available from the Recently Played tab?

Or is this unavailable to prevent honor trading, since you might have people hesitating to award honor until they know if they've been given it?

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sereg Anfaug View Post
Is there, or will there in the future, be a way to award honor after you've left the final screen?

I completely forgot about it today, clicked back to the main client, and then realized I ought to have honored some of my teammates, but couldn't do so anymore.

Maybe make it available from the Recently Played tab?

Or is this unavailable to prevent honor trading, since you might have people hesitating to award honor until they know if they've been given it?
It's unlikely that this will happen. I suspect Honor will be the same in this regard as reporting, where it can only be done in the end game lobby.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-03-2012
47 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwicK View Post
cool so those of us with 1000+ games played are at a disadvantage.
****ING SWEET!
You don't have a disadvantage either... it's normalized meaning that number of games doesn't necessarily influence your Honor.

Lyte

10-03-2012
48 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoodwicK View Post
^ being a ***** is OK.
Pretty sure that's not OK either. They both get punished.

Lyte

10-03-2012
49 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainieDay View Post
LOL No. Pure lies or a huge misunderstanding. (no offense to you lyte, but i've seen that this is completely false. People have been banned over one game of evidence.... permanently.)
This is inaccurate. It takes dozens of reports to even land in the Tribunal--just because you see 1 game in the Tribunal case doesn't mean only 1 game landed that player in the Tribunal. Only consistently toxic behavior across multiple games can send you there. However, the Tribunal pulls recent games, so it's possible that sometimes it only had 1 game to show.

S1D3FX

10-03-2012

Really like the concept, but don't apply rewards for reaching some level of honor. Only see bad things coming from offering summoners rewards for stuff like that. That being said, itís a refreshing take on how to deal with the terrible community of LoL. Not to say everyone is bad, but it only takes a few to spoil the bunch, and unfortunately, there are more than "a few". I feel like positive encouragement is a more productive and effective way of dealing with summoners who do or do not abide by the summoners code. Rather than going into a game thinking "sure hope I donít get flamed and reported" now you can think "hope I do well enough to get some honor votesĒ. Point being, in the past there was no possibility for any praise, only recognition for negativity. This new system just adds more balance to the social aspect of the game.

TL; DR: I like honor.