I am so sad about Jayce

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Lhyanc

10-03-2012

Let me ask this to everyone:

If ranked comes out, it's no holds barred, right?

It's funny that I ask, but I feel that the community is awesome and I'm a part of it even if I don't play the tourney or post a ton. I try to weave in and out of playing OP champs to try and learn them, but go through cycles out of respect to everyone and of course for fun.

Orphane

10-03-2012

In ranked there are bans, so in all due respect Jayce, Kass, and Lulu are probably never going to see the light of day.

In the event that someone doesn't ban them, you are either in for a) a dodge, b) a quick win, or c) a grueling loss because you are at the level where people don't know what's OP.

Kiddalee

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lhyanc View Post
If ranked comes out, it's no holds barred, right?
If Ranked comes out, I'll be able to relax my picks a bit in Normals.

Warrrrax

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

I got a genius idea: Try him out! Maybe he's not quite so OP as you might think.

Jayce is very strong in dominion and one of my favorite champs due to his versatility and fun kit. But its not like all the other champs suck.

I would contend that Jax is also kind of good in dominion, as is Poppy, Yorick, KZ, Kassadin and quite a few others. I am pretty sure people aren't arbitrarily limiting their use of those champs in the sake of 'fairness'.

Is anyone really saying that Jayce is SIGNIFICANTLY better than Jax, Kass, Yorick?

konfetarius

10-03-2012

Honestly, I will take a competent Jayce on my team over all of those, even over Kassadin. Even a great Kassadin is still weakening your early/mid game by picking it.

A great Jayce is devastating in practically every bot lane match up, and gives your team utility/poke/burst in one neat package while becoming a hyper carry late game. Last time I've seen a properly built one shut down was with a combination of Kha'Zix/Rammus trucking his face all game long (and that's with his team being weak enough to let us permanently commit 2 vs 1 with no consequence, because good lord he still did absurd damage while going down).

Hamm3rhand

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by konfetarius View Post
Honestly, I will take a competent Jayce on my team over all of those, even over Kassadin. Even a great Kassadin is still weakening your early/mid game by picking it.

A great Jayce is devastating in practically every bot lane match up, and gives your team utility/poke/burst in one neat package while becoming a hyper carry late game. Last time I've seen a properly built one shut down was with a combination of Kha'Zix/Rammus trucking his face all game long (and that's with his team being weak enough to let us permanently commit 2 vs 1 with no consequence, because good lord he still did absurd damage while going down).
last week I beat a late game build jayce with a late game build fiora. it hasn't come up again so i haven't had a chance to repeat (i was top lane and he switched from bot at like the 17 min mark). If i recall....i had IE, sangine and thornmail, some boots and prospectors. maybe last whisper too. It was almost a full build, but he had one too. I just saved my second lunge for when he knocked me away, and then i just bursted faster because of the thornmail and my parry. he couldn't get away from me after the knockback failed due to the as/ms boost of my w and if i ever felt like he was about to win then i would just ult.

GrignardTS

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Warrrrax View Post
I got a genius idea: Try him out! Maybe he's not quite so OP as you might think.
I am pretty sure people aren't arbitrarily limiting their use of those champs in the sake of 'fairness'.
-_-

Read OP's second post
???
Profit!

OxBaker

10-03-2012

I much prefer playing the under-powered champs rather than the overpowered ones just because if you do good with an OP champ, nobody thinks your anything special cause a trained monkey can do well with Jayce, Darius, etc. And if you do poorly then you really feel embarrassed cause honestly, how bad do you gotta be to fail with Darius?

But it's the opposite when you play an UP champ. You do well and the other players will be generally impressed while if you do poorly then they blame it as much on the champ as on the player.

ElevenOfClubs

10-05-2012

I know what you mean. I read every patch notes hoping for Yorric nerfs so that I can play him without feeling guilty.

One day...

IronAegis

10-05-2012

He'll likely get smacked with the nerf bat, and you can safely play him without people *****ing at you like I do Zyra now