Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Blaster

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Tribunal only detects players who are consistently toxic across their games; so, I wouldn't worry about losing all of your Honor because of a rare outburst. We understand that everyone has bad days at work (or bad days in League!) and sometimes have an outburst. However, we're going to keep thinking of ways to prevent these outbursts from happening.
LOL No. Pure lies or a huge misunderstanding. (no offense to you lyte, but i've seen that this is completely false. People have been banned over one game of evidence.... permanently.)

zarbiz

10-03-2012

Lyte I just want to say that I was all for this Honor idea before it had the name Honor, and was just some kind of 'positive report' function us forum-goers were asking for. And now, having turned what was possibly going to be a loss into a 5-0 surrender win and getting an Honor afterwards, I can definitely say I like the system.

My team was a motley gang in a strange comp (vlad top, diana mid, kennen/gp adc/support and lee in the jungle), and started off a bit shaky with kennen bashing our gp for being an unusual pick. A little "relax kennen, it can work" and he shut up. Some bashing after top died wasn't egged on, and two short disco's didn't get a "REPORT XXX" in chat. A little teamwork, a few good wards and pings, and we turned around two kill streaks on them and got ourselves fed. They surrendered soon after. To leave the lobby and see "You have earned an Honor from a teammate!" on the main screen after a tough match gave me a really good feeling. Thank you to the whole PB&J team for their work, it is greatly appreciated!

Also,

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainieDay View Post
LOL No. Pure lies or a huge misunderstanding. (no offense to you lyte, but i've seen that this is completely false. People have been banned over one game of evidence.... permanently.)
A: That's not Tribunal, and
B: I haven't seen an instance of a single-game ban that wasn't warranted.

Blaster

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by zarbiz View Post
Lyte I just want to say that I was all for this Honor idea before it had the name Honor, and was just some kind of 'positive report' function us forum-goers were asking for. And now, having turned what was possibly going to be a loss into a 5-0 surrender win and getting an Honor afterwards, I can definitely say I like the system.

My team was a motley gang in a strange comp (vlad top, diana mid, kennen/gp adc/support and lee in the jungle), and started off a bit shaky with kennen bashing our gp for being an unusual pick. A little "relax kennen, it can work" and he shut up. Some bashing after top died wasn't egged on, and two short disco's didn't get a "REPORT XXX" in chat. A little teamwork, a few good wards and pings, and we turned around two kill streaks on them and got ourselves fed. They surrendered soon after. To leave the lobby and see "You have earned an Honor from a teammate!" on the main screen after a tough match gave me a really good feeling. Thank you to the whole PB&J team for their work, it is greatly appreciated!

Also,

A: That's not Tribunal, and
B: I haven't seen an instance of a single-game ban that wasn't warranted.
Uhm, WHAT? That is tribunal. I've seen personally a permaban that had one case of evidence of any wrong doing. Meaning one game, with no racist remarks, that got permanently banned from tribunal, and support reviewed it apperntly and didn't undo the ban.

"Merit" Thats all cool, however you can say merit all you want, it doesn't change anything from what i said. He said, "OH YOUR ALLOWED OUTBURSTS", and that is the farthest thing from the truth. You curse someone out in one game, and you have offended before, and there are 3 false reports and 1 report of you cursing someone out(1 game out of possibly 100+) you can easily, and people HAVE BEEN banned for that.

This is in complete contradiction to what lyte has said. (or he's saying that they only allow occasional outbursts from people never banned by tribunal before, in which that reshapes the whole idea that its a "second chance" and more of a "BETTER NOT DO ANYTHING EVER, or BACK IN YOU GO~"

Use Quick Attack

10-03-2012

I personally love the new honor system, and the decently new refund system. I am new to the game and spent almost $100 in rp my first week. (O.o ik right?) and i made some bad choices, for instance, in my opinion, syndra. I have used all my refund tokens and still have a good amount of bad choices. Since you were thinking about giving rewards for honor, maybe more refund tokens?

Odontoceti

10-03-2012

I think is a wonderful idea. It promotes friendlier interactions, teamwork, and overall respect in matches. An I think RainieDay sums it up nicely with his example of how this is a great addition to the League of Legends community.

Reebok1

10-03-2012

esta mejora yo ayuda ni empeora el juego..

J4ester

10-03-2012

I love how this works, and how it is being implemented. Lyte has done a great job answering questions and it seems that the system is very well thought out. Even if there are a few bumps in the road I'm sure they'll be promptly fixed. Even without a reward(yet) it is an awesome feeling to know that someone respected how you were doing in the game. In one of my last few games I was the only person doing well on my team and that hadn't argued or left and I got an honor for it. It was awesome to know that by sticking with the game my efforts were apreciated even through a loss.

GREAT GOING TO THE WHOLE TEAM THAT MADE THIS

Mogs01gt

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Its odd but I have notice an improvement on players attitudes lately. It shows in a few wins in a row and close games!

Vethias

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

For being one still learning all the in's and out's of the game. I have already seen a difference. It really sucks trying to learn what a champion can handle and what they can not when you have someone raging at you for 30 minutes. I hate to "ignore" them because communication is still a vital role. I still see those who want to harass and troll well they still do. I've just seen more and more people quiet down and chill out. I don't care why. I don't care if they are just trying to get honor. If it gets them to shut up and be more active with the team that was what one of the honor points is for right? Teamwork? Love it Riot!

LizardMixture

10-03-2012

I've already seen people on streams I've been watching trying to trade honor in chat.

Something like "GG - Honor me and I will honor you!".

Shame.