Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Ghan04

10-03-2012

Never underestimate the power of the Summoners' Code.

SafetyX

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
The Honor Initiative just banned 3 players for excessive abuse of the system. A piece of advice: Don't openly give your opponents wins by intentionally feeding for Honor.

That's just not Honorable.
Like THIS guy!!!!

http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2634422

LiegeWaffles

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Needles K View Post
I think this is mostly because the description of "Helpful" implies that they taught you something about the game you didn't know, which doesn't perceptibly happen too often after like level 20.
?
People tend to stick to what they're used to, so you'll probably run into a lot of things like "player builds Randuin's Omen first on a certain champion, even though 75% of the incoming damage is magical damage, just because that's what he bought first the past 10 games he played that champion" even at level 30. Suggesting a Negatron Cloack or maybe even a whole FoN first would IMHO fall in the "helpful" category in the above case, nudging their item-autopilot to "off" for that game.

Kushinda

10-03-2012

I already see improvement in behavior. The jerks are still jerks but the nice people are more proactively nice and drown them out. Great idea good work.

Now: lower ff timer for disconnects and afks. Rampant at low elo!

GoodwicK

10-03-2012

Quote:
Don't worry! We've taken a lot of extra measures to prevent premade abuse. In fact, we even normalize the data such that if you play 1000 games, you don't necessarily have an Honor advantage over someone who plays only 100 games.

The Honor Initiative recognizes stuff like the source of your Honor (random players give you the most value!) and the percentage (and not the raw number!) of games that you are Honorable in.
cool so those of us with 1000+ games played are at a disadvantage.
****ING SWEET!

GoodwicK

10-03-2012

Quote:
This is the part we're not OK with. Retaliation isn't a positive experience for the other players in the game. If you're retaliating, you're not an Honorable player we want to celebrate even if you are Honorable in some of your games.
^ being a ***** is OK.

Balltazar

10-03-2012

People say me that i got red ribbon in loading screen, but i don't saw it... appearently is due to the fact that i got some honorable opponent...

Can i have some explain about this red ribbon... and why i don't see it...

SMCForum

10-03-2012

I'll never ever get the "gracious in defeat humble in victory" one, and have no desire to accumulate points in that area...

But I'd be lying if I said trying to stack gold stars isn't winning me games.

wilmer007

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Well the Honor System is working more than just to reduce toxic.

Not only did i see things like "Top Pantheon ulting into Mid to help kill Katarina" but in that game he and Shaco were fed up the ass. It's nice to know that finally i don't have to be the one to carry every game. Though when the Pantheon was like "Give me honor for carrying ur asses" that kinda ruin it and showed that the Honor is the only reason he was motivated to carry.

Oh well at least it is helping me quickly get out of elo hell and why i'm 8-2 in last 10 games.

michelada

10-03-2012

buh no reward for getting honor , then this honor thing its useless