I love the new honor system.

First Riot Post
12345 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

Hey,

This last match was the most peaceful, fun and stress-relieving game I've had in a long long time. I even turned my all-chat on because we were having friendly banter with the enemy.

There wasn't any massive put downs or trash talking going on. We were just a group of people having a great time.

It didn't matter that our team lost because the feeling I got from that game was worth more then then previous wins.

I just want to say, even if people are being fake with niceness in order to gain Honor, I can't tell the difference so its way better then being trashed talked for 30 minutes because of one mistake.

+1 to Riot,

TLDR: Honor System is good.

Quote:
Originally Posted by VonBurgermeister View Post
Hi - I'm the UX Designer working on Honor.

Your post really made me smile. That's awesome to hear!

OverTheBlueSky

10-03-2012

I wish I could honor after i leave end screen... I always forget to honor someone that did good.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverTheBlueSky View Post
I wish I could honor after i leave champ select... I always forget to honor someone that did good.
It makes me feel nice to see that I had a positive impact on someone's game when I receive honor, you know what I mean?

Ehrlich Mar

10-03-2012

I agree entirely. There's more incentive for good behavior now, whereas before there were only threats of punishment for poor sportsmanship/playing. While it makes me kind of sad that people need that kind of encouragement in the first place, the fact that it's there has made a significant difference in the games I've played lately. I'm liking it so far; looking forward to what may come of it.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ehrlich Mar View Post
I agree entirely. There's more incentive for good behavior now, whereas before there were only threats of punishment for poor sportsmanship/playing. While it makes me kind of sad that people need that kind of encouragement in the first place, the fact that it's there has made a significant difference in the games I've played lately. I'm liking it so far; looking forward to what may come of it.
Even if people are only being nice for the rewards that may be coming, it doesn't mean they won't become a nice person over time. Habits form easily and if you get into the habit of being nice, it'll come more naturally. I'm so excited over this honor system because so far, I haven't had a really bad troll game yet

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

bump

Tenmar

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVI Michael IVX View Post
Hey,

This last match was the most peaceful, fun and stress-relieving game I've had in a long long time. I even turned my all-chat on because we were having friendly banter with the enemy.

There wasn't any massive put downs or trash talking going on. We were just a group of people having a great time.

It didn't matter that our team lost because the feeling I got from that game was worth more then then previous wins.

I just want to say, even if people are being fake with niceness in order to gain Honor, I can't tell the difference so its way better then being trashed talked for 30 minutes because of one mistake.

+1 to Riot,

TLDR: Honor System is good.
I'm getting the EXACT opposite effect. People are meaner, ruder, and overall jackasses to each other.

XVI Michael IVX

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tenmar View Post
I'm getting the EXACT opposite effect. People are meaner, ruder, and overall jackasses to each other.
I'm sorry to hear that, give it some time if your being serious.

QuickHoldMyBeer

10-03-2012

The last 3 ranked games I played only consisted of a few toxic players in one of them (my Cass game).

My early game was beyond horrible, but I kept thinking to myself, "bring it to late game, and we'll be ok". We ended up winning 3 consecutive team fights in a row post 35 minutes, and we pushed for the win. I'm sure I was still reported for something, but it was still good to see my team actually thought long term instead of giving up completely after 20-25 minutes.

I do have to say the honor system has cleaned up a lot of messy attitudes, and overall given the game a better feel. It's much nicer now seeing people in the 1100-1500 elo range think long term when the going gets rough. Communication is drastically better as well.

Thanks Riot. I actually enjoy queuing for ranked now.

Yeeehawww

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by XVI Michael IVX View Post
Even if people are only being nice for the rewards that may be coming, it doesn't mean they won't become a nice person over time. Habits form easily and if you get into the habit of being nice, it'll come more naturally. I'm so excited over this honor system because so far, I haven't had a really bad troll game yet
Totally, I've had a couple of people who complained a bit when we were losing, but I don't remember any serious ragers yet (on my team anyways, maybe one on enemy team). Maybe I'm just on a lucky streak though because I've actually won like 13 out of 17 games or something like that in ranked, which is freaking impossible for me.

12345 ... 9