Why do people say that Atmas's sucks now?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Levgre

10-03-2012

I was at 44% with him for a bit because he is not the type of hyper carry needed in the jungle in low elo games. He is a sustained fight champ. I'd get good scores but not be able to carry against the other team's fed enemies. I basically always win my lane with him, and have been steadily rising in win % at higher Elos.

I said medium-high level play, not just high. 1400-1550 is significantly different from unranked and normals.

I didn't call Frozen Heart bad on Hecarim. Just that there are many times when you would not want Frozen Heart on him. He is a bruiser and often times you do not need to fill the tanky role, but would prefer damage.

Guardian Angel and Atmas are completely legitimate together, and again Rushing GA in mid game is often bad, except on a smaller number of champs (of if you are very fed). GA is also pretty darn overrated at lower levels of play, as while it keeps you from dying, on many champs it leads to you contributing less to the fight.

You applied your own reasoning and argued against a nonexistent point when you brought up atmas with pantheon. I was not saying you should build Atmas on every champ you should not build Frozen Heart on.

If I said Atmas has early strength by that I meant the early side of mid game, as it has always been considered a mid game item, even when core on nearly every bruisers. It is decent from level 12 and onwards, and will contribute well to mid game fights where there is usually more auto attacking.

Here are the champs I currently consider Atmas a conditionally strong choice on

Bruiser Cho Gath
Darius
Dr Mundo
Bruiser Fiora
Gangplank
Garen
Olaf
Trundle
Volibear
Xin Zhao

And a number of other bruisers if they go the tanky HP route (which usually includes Warmogs or at least Frozen Mallet)

Feeder and Troll

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlphariusRising View Post
Mundo.
Mundo has **** for attack speed and his w scales with ap. Atma's is like the worst item on him. Ok I can hit for 300..once every 2 seconds with 18% crit, great build!

Levgre

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Retarded Drunk View Post
Mundo has **** for attack speed and his w scales with ap. Atma's is like the worst item on him. Ok I can hit for 300..once every 2 seconds with 18% crit, great build!
Mundo has (I believe) the best auto attack enhancer in the game, and Wit's End could be considered core on Bruiser Mundo.

What were you saying about auto attacking with mundo again?

Feeder and Troll

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Levgre View Post
I was at 44% with him for a bit because he is not the type of hyper carry needed in the jungle in low elo games. He is a sustained fight champ. I'd get good scores but not be able to carry against the other team's fed enemies. I basically always win my lane with him, and have been steadily rising in win % at higher Elos.

I said medium-high level play, not just high. 1400-1550 is significantly different from unranked and normals.

I didn't call Frozen Heart bad on Hecarim. Just that there are many times when you would not want Frozen Heart on him. He is a bruiser and often times you do not need to fill the tanky role, but would prefer damage.

Guardian Angel and Atmas are completely legitimate together, and again Rushing GA in mid game is often bad, except on a smaller number of champs (of if you are very fed). GA is also pretty darn overrated at lower levels of play, as while it keeps you from dying, on many champs it leads to you contributing less to the fight.

You applied your own reasoning and argued against a nonexistent point when you brought up atmas with pantheon. I was not saying you should build Atmas on every champ you should not build Frozen Heart on.

If I said Atmas has early strength by that I meant the early side of mid game, as it has always been considered a mid game item, even when core on nearly every bruisers. It is decent from level 12 and onwards, and will contribute well to mid game fights where there is usually more auto attacking.

Bruiser Cho Gath
Darius
Dr Mundo
Bruiser Fiora
Gangplank
Garen
Olaf
Trundle
Volibear
Xin Zhao

And a number of other bruisers if they go the tanky HP route (which usually includes Warmogs or at least Frozen Mallet)
Atma's is godawful on Mundo, like you should shoot yourself in the head if you build Atma's on him. He gets like 200 damage for free from E and you want to build Atma's for the extra puny 50?Are you mentally retarded?

Levgre

10-03-2012

Quote:
Atma's is godawful on Mundo, like you should shoot yourself in the head if you build Atma's on him. He gets like 200 damage for free from E and you want to build Atma's for the extra puny 50?Are you mentally retarded?
Nope, but apparently you are. How does 200 damage make 50-60 damage any worse? It doesn't, there are no diminishing returns. However that 200 damage DOES mean the crit chance will be valuable. Atma's Impaler is one of the most cost effective items in the game on high HP auto attacking champs.

Sessamo

10-03-2012

Quote:
Mundo doesn't really have a kit that scales with a particular stat very well. I don't see how Atma's is particularly effective on him, but I also fail to see why it would be a poor choice.

Noric

10-03-2012

Quote:

Guardian Angel and Atmas are completely legitimate together, and again Rushing GA in mid game is often bad, except on a smaller number of champs (of if you are very fed).

If I said Atmas has early strength by that I meant the early side of mid game, as it has always been considered a mid game item, even when core on nearly every bruisers. It is decent from level 12 and onwards.
1. While again, i cannot claim to be good myself, i am willing to bet that high "normal elo" draft normal games are at least the caliber you play so I don't think your point is absolute.

2. Hecarim heals on his entire team's damage... meaning that his survivability will scale better with resists than with damage. He also has rather large damage with JUST trinity so going damage heavy builds with him is a "faux pas".

3. I was asking for examples of champions that didn't benefit largely from any of those 4 armor items.. with hopes that you would understand the implied logic that in an atma's thread it might be a good idea to have them work with atmas. Pantheon is an example of a champion that definetely doesn't ... so it seems silly her.

4. Atma's GA builds? I'd believe jax has one but trinity/gunblade slow down his builds quite a lot.

5. In your earlier randuin's atma's build, what champion are you using? I could understand Garen maybe but Jax would want AS + sustaun and olaf would probably cry with your lack of CDR... given those seem to be your played bruisers I am curious who else you intended it on.

Quote:

Bruiser Cho Gath
Darius
Dr Mundo
Bruiser Fiora
Gangplank
Garen
Olaf
Trundle
Volibear
Xin Zhao

Bruiser Cho?.. isn't he usually going to be more into AP/AS/onhit before AD?.

Bruiser Fiora sounds kind of disgusting to me.

Trundle is a champ that also gains from atmas... when he's not outclassed at least.

Darius/Xin I'm a bit skeptical on.

Voli is one of the ones i have overlooked.

GP can use it pretty well

Garen/Olaf/Mundo i already mentioned.

Feeder and Troll

10-03-2012

Quote:
Nope, but apparently you are. How does 200 damage make 50-60 damage any worse? It doesn't, there are no diminishing returns. However that 200 damage DOES mean the crit chance will be valuable. Atma's Impaler is one of the most cost effective items in the game on high HP auto attacking champs.
PD will give you like 50% more damage output than Atma's but keep building this useless item. Btw it's funny you made remarks about someone being unranked when you're not even 1500 yourself LOL

Draydan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-03-2012

Its because people do not build Warmogs on Rammus and Malphite.

LWAR

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CandyPuffs View Post
Because Atmogs was never an efficient item combination to begin with unless your character had some means of scaling off health or had a large innate AR/MR steroid to back it up.
Olaf :O