What are considered good summoner spells?

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Kiddalee

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lycantrip View Post
Unless you're playing at high elo, I don't reccomend Revive.
You're supposed to get there somehow.
Quote:
Having Revive, and utilizing it properly are two different things. Feeding an extra kill is no good, and a waste of a spell slot.
You're assuming he's going to do this when you can't know.
Quote:
Ghost+Exhaust is a great goto combo.
Ghost is up a lot, but speed shrines are up all the time. The only way to learn to use Revive is to use it.

Kiddalee

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chay TC View Post
Only random popcorn i can think of is Clarvoyance on AP nidalee and Teemos who like vision but don't want Hexdrinker.
Hextech Sweeper. Thought I'd point it out since OP sounds new.

SuperQuackDuck

10-02-2012

I always take revive garrison. on almost all champs that I play except for kassadin. but when i play kassadin i'm usually just trolololing anyway.

Phourc

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WaterD103 View Post
I would say
Tier S: Revive.
Tier 1: Exhaust, Garrison.
Tier 2: Ignite, Flash.
Tier 3: Ghost, Cleanse, Heal, Promote.
Tier F: Clarvoyance, Surge, Smite, Clarity.
Only one I disagree with is cleanse, it's got to be at least better than promote xP

DSpyder

10-02-2012

Revive + Exhaust or Garrison or Ignite (You should have one Ignite on your team most of the time in blind pick.)

MajorUrsa

10-02-2012

The great thing about lower ELOs is how much you dont see Revive, which in turn means how much you can capitalize on it by running Revive. Even at mid to low ELOs, Revive is becoming at least a staple for bot laners. A bot lane that runs revive over one that doesnt will come out on top most of the time, barring that they arent just terrible.

Sometimes when I see I'm the only person running Revive on a team, ill switch over to Exhaust/Garrison. Garrison is hands down one of my favorite summoner spells. It has offensive and defensive capabilities that really make it game changing when used well and Exhaust straight up wins duels. When I have at least one or two other people rocking Revive on my team, I switch to Revive/Garrison.

Kiddalee

10-02-2012

Garrison is great at low Elo simply because your teammates will neglect to take it. While defending, use it to do extra damage to fools who are diving you, to kill a minion wave, to interrupt a channel, and to regen your node. Attacking, use it to weaken a node's damage so it can't kill a minion wave and they can neutralize for you, or so you can dive when possible. I prefer Garrison on initiators, who are also good turtles.

Convict24601

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ricedream5 View Post
Revive may not be the best at lower levels of play. I tend to use always revive now because everyone else on my team is always using it, but it could be an awful idea to be the only one on your team running revive.
The reason for this is that sometimes using revive really screws over your team because of the way respawn timers are set. Have you had this game where you're winning, and all of a sudden your team goes out of sync, and keep getting killed when they don't all go together? It is really more important to respawn with your team.
It's true that Revive is the one spell that may save a game by saving a point through using it. But maybe the game would have never reached that point if you had used Ghost 3 times earlier and ended up with 1 escape and 1 extra kill.
But...assuming I am at low level play, wouldn't it still be a good idea to take revive? Even if I did respawn at a different time than my teammates, sometimes me being by myself to stop a capture point is a lot better than spawning 30 seconds later with the rest of the team and losing a critical point, like the top one.

Also, I'm not sure what the exact cooldown times are between ghost and revive, but even If I could use Ghost 3x, I don't see ghost being that useful to replace revive. Of course giving a random scenario like having a kill and an escape seems good, but how about in revive's case? Coming back in time and preventing your bottom from being captured and killing the enemy in the process? In this case, revive sounds really great in comparison to me.

The way I see it, the comparison between people picking revive over ghost in Dominion is like choosing between ghost and flash in SR. The utility of flash is too good in comparison to ghost, even with the extra long downtime. Likewise, for Dominion, Revive seems to be the better choice between that and ghost, it provides more utility and using it correctly will help secure a win more-so than ghost. At least, this is what I've been noticing so far in my games, ESPECIALLY now that I've been using Revive mastery a lot more. Ghost is almost nonexistent to me and I like to run exhaust for the offensive spell.

ricedream5

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Convict24601 View Post
But...assuming I am at low level play, wouldn't it still be a good idea to take revive? Even if I did respawn at a different time than my teammates, sometimes me being by myself to stop a capture point is a lot better than spawning 30 seconds later with the rest of the team and losing a critical point, like the top one.

Also, I'm not sure what the exact cooldown times are between ghost and revive, but even If I could use Ghost 3x, I don't see ghost being that useful to replace revive. Of course giving a random scenario like having a kill and an escape seems good, but how about in revive's case? Coming back in time and preventing your bottom from being captured and killing the enemy in the process? In this case, revive sounds really great in comparison to me.

The way I see it, the comparison between people picking revive over ghost in Dominion is like choosing between ghost and flash in SR. The utility of flash is too good in comparison to ghost, even with the extra long downtime. Likewise, for Dominion, Revive seems to be the better choice between that and ghost, it provides more utility and using it correctly will help secure a win more-so than ghost. At least, this is what I've been noticing so far in my games, ESPECIALLY now that I've been using Revive mastery a lot more. Ghost is almost nonexistent to me and I like to run exhaust for the offensive spell.
If you respawn by yourself, try to stop a cap solo, and die, the team now has to wait for your respawn to do anything. Or worse, they go without you and all die as well, continuing this cycle. If this has never happened to you, then you're perhaps using revive great.
Yes, revive is pretty vital for bot. Still, imagine if you had say ignite or ghost available here instead of revive, and you were able to kill the enemy bot laner because of the ignite damage or better kiting as vayne instead of dying and having to use revive. Revive looks incredibly useful when you use it, by far the most useful of the summoners, but the game may or may not have gotten to that point if you got to use something else a few times before this point. The gold difference might also be much better for you compared to having revive.
I do think you shouldn't really compare ghost and flash vs ghost and revive though....flash has 30s longer cd with masteries, revive has 330s longer cd. It's not really comparable.

I'm not saying that revive is really bad. I almost always take revive actually. I'm just saying that you should try out some of the other summoners and look at how you do or your team does without simply following some guides that say revive is the only spell to use at all levels.