How to get "Unskilled Players" banned

First Riot Post
12345678 ... 9
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

IWinByLosing

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
Fix'd. Also, no****. If you didn't already have proof, you haven't been paying attention.

Sounds like you could learn something from this thread:
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/....php?t=2404535
Wouldn't it be more productive to remove the source of a problem (feeding unskilled players) rather than just temporarily fix the problem (banning those who rage and "verbally abuse" because of those feeding unskilled players)?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Sure, banning the rager for a short period of time fixes the community for that short time, but it will also make the community worse as the unskilled feeder causes more people to rage and get banned. Banning the unskilled feeder fixes the community by never making these people rage at all.

Political Squid

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
Summoner name: "IWinByLosing"

Not sure if troll.....

Community, upvote this post NAO if you think troll probability greater than 37.23333%!!!11one
Saw this post on a Red post feed, couldn't click through fast enough to +1. I lol'd.

the540penguin

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by mathmage View Post
annie already has a zillion skins tho

annie needs moar skinz

nao

Ko Hakoo

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by IWinByLosing View Post
Wouldn't it be more productive to remove the source of a problem (feeding unskilled players) rather than just temporarily fix the problem (banning those who rage and "verbally abuse" because of those feeding unskilled players)?

Give a man a fish, feed him for a day. Teach the man to fish, feed him for a lifetime.
Sure, banning the rager for a short period of time fixes the community for that short time, but it will also make the community worse as the unskilled feeder causes more people to rage and get banned. Banning the unskilled feeder fixes the community by never making these people rage at all.
Unskilled is relative to the population. There will always be underperformers.

This outlook also doesnt take into consideration bad matchups, players in their worst role, early snowballing, jungler pressures, and bad days. I'm sure everyone has had one of those games where you just couldnt do jack ( I got zoned as singed once so hard that I remember it a year later). How do you propose we deal with the inconsistently good player?

Mosqiil

10-02-2012

This thread is now about Zileas.

IWinByLosing

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ko Hakoo View Post
Unskilled is relative to the population. There will always be underperformers.

This outlook also doesnt take into consideration bad matchups, players in their worst role, early snowballing, jungler pressures, and bad days. I'm sure everyone has had one of those games where you just couldnt do jack ( I got zoned as singed once so hard that I remember it a year later). How do you propose we deal with the inconsistently good player?
Even if your lane gets snowballed, there is no reason to still go 0-20 in game like unskilled players.

Yea, sure, your lane gets a few kills early and counters your lane, does that mean that you shouldn't play safer or ward more or hug turret or roam or move to another lane? Yea, there are games where you can't do anything, but that doesn't warrant the terrible KDA. Even in 4v5's, the average decent player wouldn't go 10+ deaths.

Unskilled players are bad all the time. The inconsistent good player wouldn't even come close to the KDA of a unskilled player.

Alex Turan

10-02-2012

There should never be a ban for being bad at game. People are learning and not every one can go 10/0 and sometimes people have worse days. Itentionally feeding is something else but shouldn't be qualified over unskilled player.

IWinByLosing

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex Turan View Post
There should never be a ban for being bad at game. People are learning and not every one can go 10/0 and sometimes people have worse days. Itentionally feeding is something else but shouldn't be qualified over unskilled player.
Since when do you play ranked gamed to learn? Keep that in normals or custom games vs AI.

DJ Spinfuse

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by MathMage View Post
annie already has a zillion skins tho
BY DESIGN YE FOOLISH MORTAL!

- Zileas on annie skins

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zileas View Post
One thing I enjoy about the forums are these kinds of threads.
Step 1: Identify a situation where someone who REALLY needed a ban got one.
Step 2: Create a hypothetical in which someone is banned and doesn't deserve it, but where the logic is a perversion of the original ban.
Step 3: Profit from forum outrage over a ban that we'd never do, and which hasn't actually happened.
Step 4: Forum ban the player who is trolling in a toxic manner? (Or at least attempting to be humorous/original, but failing hardcore.)

12345678 ... 9