Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Fomorian27

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Dear Ezreal,

I am about to undertake a massive undertaking: to read all 309 posts from start to finish. Wish me luck?

As for questions, I have 3:

- How is it that you are able to maintain a thread of this size? From past experience I know you answer most if not all of the questions. Do you think other rioters might do something like this as well?

- I believe that every skillshot, apart from nautilus' dredge line, can travel through walls. Are there any plans to make another skillshot that doesn't travel through walls?

- Zigg's bouncing bomb explodes on impact with turrets. What led to this design choice?

- Have you thought about adding a champ that has the ability to deflect skillshots with a skillshot? Say someone is aiming a mystic shot at you and you deflect it to the side. Any design problems with this?

jokod

10-02-2012

Dayum.
615 pages of text, 309 riot posts.
Is anyone actually reading this far?

TwistedKeyblade

10-02-2012

Hi Ezreal, sorry to bother you, i'm a HUGE fan of your character designs, i think you're one of the best.

I wanted to ask (unless it was asked before), but a Spider champion that uses the field to her advantage. Similar to how we have leaps, but instead of leaps, she is able to literally climb over walls, over the jungle walls and such and even climb towers. Just a thought.

Also, quick. What would you change in the following champions to make them a bit "better", not necessarily stronger, but better than their current state.

1 Caitlyn the Sheriff of Piltover (Only played to push towers alongside Nunu)
2 Ahri the 9 Tails Fox (Has fallen off the face of the earth due to the nerf bat)
3 Sona the Maven of the Strings (Janna was overnerfed and Sona got buffs where she did not need them)
4 Zilean the Chronokeeper ( Not seen the fields of justice in god knows how long.)
5 Cassiopeia the Serpent's Embrace ( Not because of the nerf bat was she not picked anymore, simpl because of the fact that she isn't as strong as she used to be compared with recent champions)

These are all my opinions, so feel free to bash them. I just wanted to know if there were any changes in store for them in the future.

Seiferoth

10-02-2012

Ezreal, How dare you get me addicted to this game by designing Jarvan IV my first champion? :P

Noxe Out

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post
A yo-yo would be a very lol unique champion weapon that could definitely work. Though, before we go with such an off the wall weapon, I would probably start with something more innately cool like a whip or a chain + sickle.
Yu-Yu-Hakasho already has this.

Illyriomysterio

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ezreal View Post

If you can find me at the World Championship!
What about the finals? :P

Fox P McCloud

10-02-2012

Ezreal, are you guys ever going to revise the pet system in LoL? I mean no offense, but compared to other MOBA's and RTS games, LoL's micromanagement is really bad. I'd love to get a champion like Lycan, but LoL's current system kinda prevents this.

What are you guys going to do to make melee carries viable? At the moment glass-cannon melee champions (minus the building of GA) don't work; they get kited, exhausted, or CC'd, then die in one-two seconds. This is probably my biggest complaint about LoL vs DotA--DotA has very many viable and unique melee AND ranged carries to pick from---in LoL, there's really only 3 melee carries and none of them are viable at high Elo or competitive play.

TL;DR--Are you going to address the viability of melee carries; it's probably the most neglected class in all of LoL. Perhaps a CC immunity item?

michelada

10-02-2012

Ez don't u think that the release of syndra and kha zix its a little unfair for viktor players?, with syndra u only have to max your abilities to gain the bonus and kha zix gets an evolution every 6 lvls, meanwhile viktor has an item slot occupied by an item that late game its a little weak , only the red core worth the money the other 2 are really weak in term on stats, also viktor only can upgrade one of his abilities.

I know that riot want to innovate with new mechanics , but try to innovate with mechanics that work and are fair for the other champs , also his E has been bugged since release and never was touch.

if u release more balanced champs the less champs u need to rework.

The Dork

10-02-2012

Wassup Ez.

Often its brought up of how we dont have a black champ. And sometimes I try and think a cool archetype that a black champ could have. What do you think of a champ with a cool jimmy hendrix or chuck berry base? Yeah we have a music champ with Sona, and I'm not trying to say this champ needs to musical in nature and be a support. But throw off a real cool and fun style.

What ya think bro?

GreenWhale

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wyl View Post
One kind of Champion that I'd really like to see is some kind of "SpellBreaker/AntiMage" .

I feel like the closest Champion connected to that would be Kassadin, but I feel like his kit is quite ambiguous on that purpose because half of his kit indicates that he's a melee DPS with resilience to AP, and the other part of his kit says he's a caster with alot of mobility.

What I look into when talking about a " Spellbreaker " is not really a mage necessarily. It would be either a melee carry or bruiser or even a support that could withstand more magic damage than physical damage, in fact few bruisers have the option of increasing their Magic Resist because they notably have high end Armour or the possibility to buy alot.

I understand Galio does it in some ways, but he doesn't feel like a Mage killer, it's more a Support Tank being a Support Tank.

No assassin please.

------

Also, watcha think about my Karma proposal :

And a new lore to fit that new kit :