@boourns and/or UI Dev - Cursor Color

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Apo11yon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

First, thanks very much for color-blind mode; as someone who struggles differentiating close colors, I really appreciate it. It has made it much easier to do simple things like last hit minions. The only problem I have with color-blind mode is that the cursor remains red and is easily lost when hovering over a group of enemies. In teamfights it can be difficult to target a specific enemy when I can't instantly locate my cursor. Any chance that this mode will feature either a contrasting color scheme or the ability to select your own cursor color?

In the past I've used ResourceHacker to manually change the cursor, but with the last patch I was unable to do so.

Thanks again for helping those of us who have issues with color-blindness enjoy League of Legends!

boourns

UI Designer

10-02-2012
1 of 2 Riot Posts

Thanks, we worked really hard to try to make color blind mode as comprehensive as possible!

On the topic of cursors, I think we generally have a problem with people losing track of their cursors. Whether they are color blind or not! I know it happens to me. We've talked about how to improve this, but we're working on a bunch of other UI stuff right now.

Apo11yon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post
Thanks, we worked really hard to try to make color blind mode as comprehensive as possible!

On the topic of cursors, I think we generally have a problem with people losing track of their cursors. Whether they are color blind or not! I know it happens to me. We've talked about how to improve this, but we're working on a bunch of other UI stuff right now.
Thanks for the response! I'm glad to know that it's at least being looked at. I do web development on the side and I know what it's like to build a plane while in mid-flight. Keeping a game as complex as League of Legends, which probably has tons of legacy code that you wish you could re-write, working while creating and updating stuff at the same time can be a challenge.

I do appreciate the time and look forward to the new developments!

QQ China

10-02-2012

It would help a lot if spacebar also centered your cursor on your champ. Often times I don't need to see my cursor, I keep good mental-track of where it is. But sometimes for one reason or another I lose it, then I have to look for it on my screen before I can reorient myself.

If spacebar recentered the cursor, along with the camera, then that would tremendously speed up my mental-reorientation of my cursor's position.

boourns

UI Designer

10-03-2012
2 of 2 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apo11yon View Post
Thanks for the response! I'm glad to know that it's at least being looked at. I do web development on the side and I know what it's like to build a plane while in mid-flight. Keeping a game as complex as League of Legends, which probably has tons of legacy code that you wish you could re-write, working while creating and updating stuff at the same time can be a challenge.
^ this. You have no idea. It's a challenging balancing act.

IS1c4d0c584523e580653b4

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by boourns View Post

Yea I also find myself losing track of the cursor despite not being colour-blind :P
Team fights are just so intense and the cursor is sadly a shining beacon of light.
Would appreciate efforts to make it more visible/noticeable

Apo11yon

10-03-2012

@boourns - I'm sure that's a crazy amount of work. Again thanks for the reply, first red reply I've gotten.

darkadious

10-09-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by QQ China View Post
It would help a lot if spacebar also centered your cursor on your champ. Often times I don't need to see my cursor, I keep good mental-track of where it is. But sometimes for one reason or another I lose it, then I have to look for it on my screen before I can reorient myself.

If spacebar recentered the cursor, along with the camera, then that would tremendously speed up my mental-reorientation of my cursor's position.

this would be awful for the people who use the space bar while moving.

Solaris17

Recruiter

10-20-2012

maybe an option under more options for an enable/disable key bind? Like bink "C" or something to "curser" have it disabled by default and when you hit C your curser flashes the primary colors? (primary colors being the easiest to see)

Qsario

10-24-2012

Yeah, I find myself losing the cursor too, especially when things get hairy.

I'm glad to know this stuff is being looked at, especially since I just posted a new shop UI mockup (please let me know what you think of that, BTW). I'm surprised about how many technical people play this. You probably will recognize the Balsamiq mockups, heh.