Jungle is almost as bad as support now...

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Vuther

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shiralune View Post
The dude's point is those he listed aren't "tanky supports".
Well, they aren't intended to, but they don't have too much more gold over the supports anyway, so they're probably going to mostly build the same as them aside from getting a Chain Vest and Negatron Cloak, and maybe even upgrading them.

Crsh

10-01-2012

Nobody likes new jungle

9 months later Riot still refuses to fix it.

Dante1

10-02-2012

Lee Sin, Olaf, XIn?

Dingding123

10-02-2012

Are you flat-out sick of this design? Or are you flat-out sick of what's left of this game?

CDIfan

10-02-2012

Last game I went jungle olaf. I invaded at level 2 caught amumu on his red. Killed him, stole his red. Ganked top lane. Than I spent the rest of the lane ganking lanes and chasing amumu out of his own jungle.

I stole 2 reds and 3 blues and soloed their ezreal in a duel.

Boring as ****

Drozzi

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Darius -- Not that great at jungle, and has just a broken kit to begin with. What's up build full tank, get massive damage, and refresh on kill true damage ult. Great design!
I was with you till this part.
Darius is awesome in the jungle, especially since he doesn't need heavy investment in damage to hurt people.

And pulls > Gap closers.

Xyltin

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by iainB85 View Post
Seriously, I am seeing more people want jungle than support these days, and the reason is obvious in my mind: the most sure fire way to win now is just to make jungle another support.

There's no room assassin/damage dealing type junglers with the current design. The jungle just doesn't provide enough farm compared to lane anymore, and you can't rely on getting lots of kills from ganks early if the enemy team plays smart and/or your team doesn't.

So what does that devolve the jungle into? A tanky support with good initiate and CC. The best jungle picks by far these days are champs like Amumu, Nautilius, Malphite, etc... who can win team fights without any gold at all due to their kits.

I really hope Riot has some plans for jungle in season 3, because I am sure I am not the only one who is flat out sick of this design.
The jungle provides enough farm, if your team doesn't take it all the time.
Gank junglers are still awesome in solo queue. If your lanes all fail, a jungler like Udyr or Noc can take dmg and carry the team.
Maokai can't.

Sure, in the competitive scene it moved to support junglers a little bit (take 2 g/10 items and build aura items and utility for your team). But solo queue and premades are way different.

i can describe it that way:
Solo queue is about you and how you can help your team win.
You have no idea how good your team is and if someone of them can carry.
So if top lane and mid lane loses, your moakai jungle can help them, but if they are not good enough to use that advantage, your maokai will be useless cause they will get caught when you are not there, or they will miss their skills or focus the wrong target. What can you do as Maokai then?
Gank with Noc, take the kills and try to carry. Use your team mates as shields, cause you are going to carry if nobody else does.

iainB85

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xyltin View Post
The jungle provides enough farm, if your team doesn't take it all the time.
Gank junglers are still awesome in solo queue. If your lanes all fail, a jungler like Udyr or Noc can take dmg and carry the team.
Maokai can't.

Sure, in the competitive scene it moved to support junglers a little bit (take 2 g/10 items and build aura items and utility for your team). But solo queue and premades are way different.

i can describe it that way:
Solo queue is about you and how you can help your team win.
You have no idea how good your team is and if someone of them can carry.
So if top lane and mid lane loses, your moakai jungle can help them, but if they are not good enough to use that advantage, your maokai will be useless cause they will get caught when you are not there, or they will miss their skills or focus the wrong target. What can you do as Maokai then?
Gank with Noc, take the kills and try to carry. Use your team mates as shields, cause you are going to carry if nobody else does.
I've actually experienced the opposite for solo Q... if I don't go one of these tanky initiators, we end up with none, and no way to engage or win the game past laning phase... as nobody else wants to play them.

WelcomeToTarget

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gakapo View Post
Looks at noc udyr shryvana shaco rengar khazix diana jayce darius

Yeah tanky support with good initiation....
You just named almost all top laners and some mids.

IndridCold

10-02-2012

I've been enjoying jungle pantheon lately. Almost guarenteed first blood and amazing ganks. Barely no time farming just ganking and hunting down the opposing jungler. Its worked quite well.