New Drummer Joins Pentakill: Olaf, the Berserker

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

the Arbiterrrrrr

10-01-2012

why? why? Sion was the obvious choice since he is undead! In the first few months of me playing LOL i actually thought that sion was already had a pentakill skin, thinking it was the 4 undead with sona tagging along and i was surprised when i found out he wasnt

KG Sinister

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pentakill Morde View Post
[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Pentakill_Olaf/Pentakill_Olaf_Splash.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Pentakill_Olaf/Pentakill_Olaf_Splash_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

*tap* *tap* Is this thing on? Okay, what am I announcing? Pentakill is proud to announce that we have officially replaced our recently deceased drummer… uh… whatever his name was. The fifth member of Pentakill is now Olaf, the Berserker. Just wait until you hear the drum rolls this guy pulls off on Undertow, and the way he makes the crowd roar with his Reckless Swing.

[aws2=news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Pentakill_Olaf/Pentakill_Olaf_Comic.jpg]news/October_2012/2012_10_01_Pentakill_Olaf/Pentakill_Olaf_Comic_thumb.jpg[/aws2]

I think he was going to introduce himself, but he’s passed out.
Macho Man Randy Savage has joined the league.....

Kaz The Avenger

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ROACH234 View Post
should have been draven, if only so that people could play full pentakill team and still be viable in the meta.
This comming from a Junior... Sorry but no just no. This team is perfectly viable and does not need an AD carry when Morde can simply apply his ultimate to the enemy teams AD carry with some help from the rest of his team, secure the kill on the enemy AD carry and attain a ghost of said AD carry turning a 5v5 team fight into a 4v6 team fight where Mordes team now has an AD carry. Not to mention Olaf is tanky DPS and really the current meta for LoL is, if you're tanky, have good dps the chances are, you will win.

The roles.

Olaf - Jungle (could Draven jungle and be a strong jungler, the answer is no)
Sona - Bottom
Yorick - Solo Top
Karthus - Mid
Morde - Bottom (once he hits level 6 your issue of no AD carry will be solved)

However this isn't the only viable way to play this team composition.
If you felt like it, I do believe it would be possible to swap Morde and Karthus and maybe (not quite sure as I've never attempted to jungle Yorick before) swap Olaf into the solo lane and jungle with Yorick. Not saying you can swap Olaf and Yorick around, but it might be possible.

Racecrown

Recruiter

10-01-2012

THere is no ADC what

CloakedClaw

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

I always thought olaf would make a good drummer for pentakill, seeing as he's one of the only people in the league that dual wields weapons that makes sense with it. Draven, if anyone pays attention to the lore, is too busy with his bloodbath crowd pleaser and the league to bother with anything else, and kat... sona likes being the only girl in the band. Akali wouldn't because of her nature, same with shen, MF would shoot the drums, shaco has too much of a criminal record (and skins), sion wields A SINGLE BLADE (hurr durr im gonna drum with one stick durr), same with trundle...

really, olaf is the only one for the job. good choice to riot and good prediction for me

DreadPirateLynx

10-01-2012

This was a dumb decision Riot. Pentakill needed a ranged adc member. Should have been Draven so he could twirl his drumsticks.

xKHORNExLORD420

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaz The Avenger View Post
This comming from a Junior... Sorry but no just no. This team is perfectly viable and does not need an AD carry when Morde can simply apply his ultimate to the enemy teams AD carry with some help from the rest of his team, secure the kill on the enemy AD carry and attain a ghost of said AD carry turning a 5v5 team fight into a 4v6 team fight where Mordes team now has an AD carry. Not to mention Olaf is tanky DPS and really the current meta for LoL is, if you're tanky, have good dps the chances are, you will win.

The roles.

Olaf - Jungle (could Draven jungle and be a strong jungler, the answer is no)
Sona - Bottom
Yorick - Solo Top
Karthus - Mid
Morde - Bottom (once he hits level 6 your issue of no AD carry will be solved)

However this isn't the only viable way to play this team composition.
If you felt like it, I do believe it would be possible to swap Morde and Karthus and maybe (not quite sure as I've never attempted to jungle Yorick before) swap Olaf into the solo lane and jungle with Yorick. Not saying you can swap Olaf and Yorick around, but it might be possible.
Another goodie
Yorik and sona make a stupidly strong bot lane
Morde top
Karthus mid
Olaf jungle

...Lets us not forget that karthus is an incredible jungler, though prone to invade, with fast clears and strong ganks! That lets you morde mid and olaf top just in case of some counterpicking by the enemy. Yorik can also jungle relatively well.

LestorTheInfestr

10-01-2012

My love for you is like a truck berseerrrkerrr!

EagLeaf

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadPirateLynx View Post
This was a dumb decision Riot. Pentakill needed a ranged adc member. Should have been Draven so he could twirl his drumsticks.
Get out, junior member. You have no place here, we've wanted Pentakill Olaf for years.

ToadKillerDog7

10-01-2012

Drimstick's faces look just like Rick's Terror Mask from the remake of Splatterhouse...