Fresh Plat 3v3 Team AMA

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Friggid

10-01-2012

are u gonna push for diamond?

FearAzrael

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
Are you from Alaska by any chance?

Friggid

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearAzrael View Post
lol no, im from Vegas XD

TexasDeviant

10-02-2012

Quote:
How did you find your teammates? It is a rare day indeed that I find a good person in solo que.
Well both Lt Westfield and Axl4002 and I have known each other from league for about a year now. Met Axl through facing him one day in a norms match. I kicked his team's butt and we made a good time of it in all chat. Friend requests were sent, and the rest is history.

Westfield I met through writing a guide on Mobafire, and he happened to respond to the request. We eventually played a game and just stuck with it.

A lot of my friends are all through norms matchmaking, with a few through solo/duo and it isn't the hardest thing to do.

Basically, just being nice and communicating with the people that are being nice is the best way to go about it. Even if they are from the enemy team, you can always toss them a friend request and play a few games. If you find that their personality is what you like, you can make them a regular person to play with. If you don't like them, don't be afraid to remove them and move on, or just keep them on the backburner if that's your style.

Anyways, we developed a core group of people, and from that core, we three went off into 3's land. And it was glorious

Edit: I just wanted to throw this in. You can pick up "random" people to try and make a team, but just realize its going to be a more volatile scenario typically. Going in with people you know and are good friends with, even if they are just through league is a leg up. You guys know how to communicate, and should be more accepting of critiquing, and more willing to take the blame.

Regardless, ranked is an exercise in humility. If you aren't willing to admit that sometimes it really is you that is making a mess of things, you won't go anywhere, and you will have ranked teammates yelling at you (not a good place to be in arranged teams).

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid
We believe we are. Between work and school for me, and school for the other two, and managing my fiancee the entire country away from me (goes to school in north dakota, you can take a guess at where I am) it doesn't make for a Ton of playing opportunities.

But we have talked about it. And are currently in the works for revising yet more stuff (like builds and team comps) to take it to the next level.

We really just included Garen so we can still get more out of it, but we are tossing in a Rumble build change. We'll see what we can do with it by this weekend, and can really make a guess on where to focus. We got another group of people that we ranked 5's with, so we are considering on focusing there for plat as well.

Axl4002

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-02-2012

I essentially got my ass beat by TexasDeviant. He was playing Akali with the Blood Moon skin, so I'd tell my team it was okay that we were losing, since his skin was so awesome.

He rather enjoyed that, and my attitude in general, so he just asked me if I wanted to play with him.

I don't actually like the guy, the skin was just that awesome, I couldn't say no
Help I'm being held capti-

Dubcat

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Friggid View Post
lol no, im from Vegas XD
As am I.

TexasDeviant

10-03-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Axl4002 View Post
I essentially got my ass beat by TexasDeviant. He was playing Akali with the Blood Moon skin, so I'd tell my team it was okay that we were losing, since his skin was so awesome.

He rather enjoyed that, and my attitude in general, so he just asked me if I wanted to play with him.

I don't actually like the guy, the skin was just that awesome, I couldn't say no
Help I'm being held capti-

Back in your cage, vile scum.

Seen It All

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Senior Recruiter

10-03-2012

Quote:
i like eskimos

Axil

10-03-2012

many words;o

TexasDeviant

10-04-2012

Many words indeed.