Riot what is Kha'Zix's folder name for the item API.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Saruyan

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBankington View Post
Brian I'm sorry to ask about this since it's off topic to the thread for the most part, but what parts of modding league are allowed? Recently there was a crack down on custom skins being used, and another play being banned because he made it so he could zoom out further, but this seems to be allowed since multiple rioters are encouraging it, is there anything else we can do?
what? a crackdown on custom skins?

bull****. proof or it didnt happen. i highly doubt riot would disallow the graphical modding community so suddenly considering how they've taken things from modders andmade them reality.

McBankington

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Saruyan View Post
what? a crackdown on custom skins?

bull****. proof or it didnt happen. i highly doubt riot would disallow the graphical modding community so suddenly considering how they've taken things from modders andmade them reality.
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=27906871
A bunch of people got banned randomly one week a month or two ago for using custom skins.

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-01-2012
7 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by McBankington View Post
http://na.leagueoflegends.com/board/...php?p=27906871
A bunch of people got banned randomly one week a month or two ago for using custom skins.
That link has Brolaf specifically stating the opposite. We gain nothing by banning people and then saying we didn't.

Unfortunately, I cannot in good conscience give you the "what is acceptable" talk. I am in no way an expert on that. Coincidentally, that very same post you linked to probably has the most legitimate explanation, and I encourage you to listen to our Legal dudez over me for such matters. :P

Panzerfaust

Emissary of the League

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhattayaBrian View Post
That link has Brolaf specifically stating the opposite. We gain nothing by banning people and then saying we didn't.

Unfortunately, I cannot in good conscience give you the "what is acceptable" talk. I am in no way an expert on that. Coincidentally, that very same post you linked to probably has the most legitimate explanation, and I encourage you to listen to our Legal dudez over me for such matters. :P
I believe there have been issues with third party programs making modifications that flagged as suspicious without the user intending them to do so. This is part of the risk you run when using third party programs, especially when you don't fully understand how they work.

CabecoteNA

10-02-2012

Quote:
Normally, you would find the file you're looking for here:

...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\defaults\RecItemsCLASSI C.ini

But this is now at:

...\DATA\Characters\Khazix\RecItemsCLASSIC.ini
So I tried to change my items but there is a problem:

Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.190\deploy\DATA\

and then there is no Characters folder... can somebody help me? Should I reinstall the game?

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-02-2012
8 of 12 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CabecoteNA View Post
So I tried to change my items but there is a problem:

Riot Games\League of Legends\RADS\solutions\lol_game_client_sln\release s\0.0.0.190\deploy\DATA\

and then there is no Characters folder... can somebody help me? Should I reinstall the game?
No--these paths are in the file archives. Your installation is fine.

CabecoteNA

10-02-2012

Quote:
Thanks for responding WhattayaBrian

Fiora Mid GG

10-02-2012

Quote:
I want to believe what you say... but you have a Fizz avatar and Fizz reminds me of: http://www.halolz.com/wp-content/upl...0513843102.gif
D:

yourbuddypal

10-04-2012

Quote:
Yes--that was Brackhar, whom I just got done talking to about this. I'm going to try to get a fix in for this into the next patch.
Thank your for taking the time to look into this! Looking forward to the fix so that my 3rd party mod, LoL Item Changer (yes, shameless plug), works for all champs again! You're the man Brian!

WhattayaBrian

Engineer

10-05-2012
9 of 12 Riot Posts

Update on this:

I didn't quite make it in before the cutoff for our next code push. Soz, yo.

Rest assured, it will be fixed in the next code patch after.

I'm going to try to fix the "if you stance switch as udyr before you open the store it reverts to default rec items" bug as well. Are there any more oddities you guys know about? Clear lists with repro steps will give the highest chance of me being able to fix them quickly.