Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Barioth

10-01-2012

People that play with invited friends will trade honor for sure, and since they keep playing, the honor will be replenished. And no one will be able to report or punish them becauyse they wont say in team chat "hey man give me honor after the match", the deal will already be set before game begins.

Meaning the more you play with friends, the more honor you will have, i think the system is broken.
Unless you can't honor people in your group, only those you met randomly in queue. If this happens then the system will be good. Otherwise i don't see need for a honor system which you can reward your friends. Smurfs will abuse this for sure if it can be used in group.

desolation0

10-01-2012

I wonder how instantaneous this reporting feature will be. The Tribunal, by comparison, loses some of its behavior management aspects by removing the punishment away from the action taken in the game that led to it.

ThisIsPau

10-01-2012

When we're through, you won't get ganked

Mid lane prosper with many feeds

How could any fellow say "Uninstall"

You'll bring honor to us all

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aWb7Rvvtblc

HaMaJy

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

great they will know now how much evil iam

1scythe1

10-01-2012

LoL. People are to lazy to click a button to report and you think a valueless thing like honor will make a difference? Here's an idea, remake matchmaking and fix the ****in game instead of adding more stupid **** that doesn't mean anything.

Torinux

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

DARN !!! I just gave my first honor

But sighs there goes the troll "GG noobs/Easy" end match lines :P

Cerys

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Praetor View Post
I'll tell you what will happen with zero incentive: not what you want as a company. Have you never studied psychology, even in its remedial form? If you answered yes, for shame for shipping this feature this way. If you answered no, I thought so.
As someone who currently works in retail and deals with a thankless job, very few appreciative customers, and a manager who thinks that the only thing he should ever do is yell at people for doing something wrong(never appreciating them for the great things they do right), I like this Honor thing.

I don't care if you don't get anything for it. I think it's nice to know that people think you're a pleasant person to play games with.

As a pseudo-intellectual purporting to understand psychology and harassing someone for having "never studied psychology, even in its remedial form" you should probably have looked up the numerous studies that have been done on the benefits of positive reinforcement over punishment, too.

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/...ent-here-s-why

Shadowy1

10-01-2012

What's funny is the nice people will end up being the people who use honor, so you will have only the people who go out of their way to be nice both using, and getting honored by this. If Lyte's plan is to identify the people who care, this will find them incredibly fast.

Praetor

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by fr0ztbyte View Post
Honestly, badges have significant meaning to many people. Many players last season put in an extra effort just so they could have an icon next to their forum name. Many players purchase skins. And I'm sure many players will improve their attitude a bit so they can get Honor.

-Steve
I would wager you're mistaken if you believe the badge is why people put in extra effort. The badge is just a token reward, just the same as achievement points: meaningless and trivial. The tangible rewards the vast majority of any humans would want are tangible, beneficial rewards. This is the skin and the other arbitrary rewards they threw together to encourage people to better their game. I just looked at the Jarvan skin and though, "hey, at least it's a reward that's worth working toward." I look at this feature and think, "Someone needs to be working in a bit of a different field."

cupricpower

10-01-2012

Hi I almost exclusively play 5v5 with 4 other irl friends. I obviously consider these players to have good team work and they are nice guys. How can we award eachother honor without seemingly abusing the system?