Compete with Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

DeafCatMoan

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-01-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Creaper11 View Post
Hey Lyte not sure if you saw my post before. Does this mean players with high honour are more likely to get matched with players who also have high honour? I really think seeing this implemented would cut down on the amount of trolls my friends and I see.
Thats exactly what i thought it was going to be, and i was very excited. But i really dont get it. What does honor do other than show people you're a GoodGuy?

The Iron Dingus

10-01-2012

I had gained some honor for being friendly and stuff but I cant check it, I also seen the message saying like "You have earned some honor for being Friendly and Helpful"

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

10-01-2012
8 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sindair View Post
Hi Lyte,

I wanted to know what would happens if I honor people which are good for my team but meanwhile they have a negative attitude towards the enemy through the all chat. As my All chat is blocked, I would like to know the effect of it on the " quality" of the Honor I give and If I could get banned for this.

I just want to make sure I won't be penalized to use a feature ( all chat blocked) at the same time as Honor.

Even if I agree it whouldn't happen a lot I don't want to have or feel the wrath of a ban in my back every time I honor someone. Can I have an answer please ?
You won't be banned for this. If the player was genuinely Honorable in Team-Chat and that's all you could see, you'll be fine.

BazookaSamurai

10-01-2012

Thank you very much, Riot, for adding this system. It has been needed for quite a while. This is a great step towards improving the community.

Quiie

10-01-2012

Was this what was causing lag and disconnects earlier this morning? I had a game where our akali disconnected 10 minutes in and never came back, meanwhile everyone else on both team kept having miniature disconnects the entire game.

Lyte

10-01-2012
9 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by XXTheTouristxX View Post
I had gained some honor for being friendly and stuff but I cant check it, I also seen the message saying like "You have earned some honor for being Friendly and Helpful"
You'll be able to see the total counts of Honor you got in your Summoner Profile.

fr0ztbyte

10-01-2012

Do you have any future plans to weight matchmaking based on Honor?

Scottish Warrior

10-01-2012

Is that friendly one Teemo? Now I don't even want it...

Lyte

10-01-2012
10 of 81 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zyte View Post
Thats exactly what i thought it was going to be, and i was very excited. But i really dont get it. What does honor do other than show people you're a GoodGuy?
We're not talking about rewards at this time. The Honor Initiative is a multi-phase experiment and Phase 1 is to try to accurately identify the positive pillars of the community.

Once we know the initiative can accurately do that, who knows what will happen?

ontheworld

10-01-2012

I think this'll be effective as there are more than enough number addicts here *chough* lolking *cough*