Introducing Honor!

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

YoshioPeePee

09-30-2012

also it makes sense for honor to lean slightly more towards solo que

if you are playing with friends do you really need your teammates to be encouraged to be more awesome towards you?

no, you already have the experience when you play the game that honor is trying to cultivate

SoloDragoon

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-30-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyte View Post
I've answered this a few times :P If you queue with a friend and he is truly exceptional, then go ahead and Honor them. However, it's super easy for us to detect which of your friends are actually Honorable and which are 'just OK' but you are Honoring them anyways.
Honestly it doesn't really seem to answer the question.(at least to me)

For example I almost exclusively play pre-mades. I never solo que, I avoid that dirty water at all costs. And I would say on a weekly basis, say I play 25 games a week I probably play a good 18 or more of them with the same group of people.

This thread makes it sound like that if you do, pre-made to often, with the same group of people consistently there votes begin to really weaken whether you deserve them or not. Fair gain should be fair, and not penalized for having good friends who are willing to give you the up-vote because you deserve it, and not have it weakened because we are friends, who have voted for you a few times before.

I have over 3k games total. (wins and loses) And best educated guess I can make is over 90% pre-mades.

Lyte

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-30-2012
90 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoloDragoon View Post
Honestly it doesn't really seem to answer the question.(at least to me)

For example I almost exclusively play pre-mades. I never solo que, I avoid that dirty water at all costs. And I would say on a weekly basis, say I play 25 games a week I probably play a good 18 or more of them with the same group of people.

This thread makes it sound like that if you do, pre-made to often, with the same group of people consistently there votes begin to really weaken whether you deserve them or not. Fair gain should be fair, and not penalized for having good friends who are willing to give you the up-vote because you deserve it, and not have it weakened because we are friends, who have voted for you a few times before.

I have over 3k games total. (wins and loses) And best educated guess I can make is over 90% pre-mades.
The end-goal of the Honor Initiative is to encourage players to aspire to be more positive. It's to encourage players who otherwise might be neutral or slightly toxic to instead be positive and to reinforce their behavior when they do act more positive. It's to encourage strangers to shed anonymity and aspire to be more respectful to one another.

If you premade 90% of your games with your friends and most of your games are non-toxic because your teammates are all friends... then you are not the main audience of the Honor Initiative. However, we have taken extra measures to ensure that there are still ways to progress and receive Honor if you play 90% premades. In fact, even though you mainly premade, you can still participate in every aspect of the Honor Initiative.

Not every system or initiative has to be designed equally for every type of player in the whole world.

DrKlock

09-30-2012

Haven't seen this question asked yet so I'll go ahead and ask it.
When a player is given honor are they able to see who gave it to them?

hartar

09-30-2012

when Honor will be avaible?

Litose

09-30-2012

Quote:
The end-goal of the Honor Initiative is to encourage players to aspire to be more positive. It's to encourage players who otherwise might be neutral or slightly toxic to instead be positive and to reinforce their behavior when they do act more positive. It's to encourage strangers to shed anonymity and aspire to be more respectful to one another.
I fail to undestand how some numbers next to some symbols ll encourage good behavior.....

dont get me wrong...i understand that people shouldnt be an ass...i just dont understand why do you think that giving people some numbers in their profiles ll make them being more respectful...

unless those peoples get something like ip boosts, dicounts(on ip or rp) or something that can be traded/bought/unlocked(dont come with forum badgets...) witht that points....i dont see it changing anything....

just my 2 cents

Lyte

Lead Social Systems Designer

Follow RiotLyte on Twitter

09-30-2012
91 of 99 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mauler7 View Post
Haven't seen this question asked yet so I'll go ahead and ask it.
When a player is given honor are they able to see who gave it to them?
You will receive a notification that you got some Honor; however, we are not telling you specifically who gave it to you. This is one of the many design choices we made to help prevent trading.

darkhellion111

09-30-2012

and.... it only took you guys how long to implement this? suppose its another step in the right direction. honestly shoulda been in this game from the moment it was released from beta.

Abandon Mae

09-30-2012

Quote:
You will receive a notification that you got some Honor; however, we are not telling you specifically who gave it to you. This is one of the many design choices we made to help prevent trading.
Lyte, I've tried to follow most of your posts on this thread, but I have one question I don't think I've seen the answer. You may not even be willing to give it at this time anyways. It's cool that we will be able to give out honor to other players, but at the time what is the real incentive to actually acquire it? Will there be a leader-board similar to the tribunal experiment? Actual rewards?

Again I apologize if this has already been said.

Alestar

09-30-2012

can you report someone and give them honor or does it cancel out the honor?