[MacNoobs] LoL Model Viewer for Mac

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

fibonacci 618

09-17-2010

Hi,

I am not a mac tester (yet) but I've was thinking and I realized that Mac users don't have a model viewer or skin toolkit, so I decided to start by creating a model viewer.

Big thanks and credit to renticletape who figured out Riot's file format!

To use it:

Double click on the program file, a gray window should appear. Press "o" on your keyboard and a dialog to select your skn (model file) will appear, right after you select the file a second dialog will appear for your dds (texture) file, it can also open a bunch of other formats, like PNG (no jpeg though), click ok and the model should appear on the screen.

To dolly in/out use "w" and "s"
To make the model rotate use "a" and "d"
To move the camera up and down use the up/down arrow keys
To open a new file press "o"

Known bugs:
Some files wont open.
Textures look mirrored some times (not important)

If anyone wants to design an icon for it I will use it in the next release.

I can't tell you where to find the character files because I'm not a tester, but you should be able to find them in a similar location as where the windows files are, maybe right click on the application icon and select "Show package contents" from the menu?

THIS PROGRAM USES DevIL which is released under the LGPL license, you can find more information about DevIL at: http://openil.sourceforge.net/

RIOT has some issues in their pipeline, the models have different proportions and they are not all centered at the origin, I bet the programmers either yell at the artists every time or programmed a way to deal with it (using the bone system most likely). Oh artists, they are the same everywhere in the world.

fibo

DOWNLOAD LINK:
http://www.p2games.ca/GJAM/LoL-Viewer_0.3.zip

PS: I asked before if I could get a tester e-mail from Riot, I find laughable that they downvoted one of my threads and then closed it:
http://www.leagueoflegends.com/board...d.php?t=250733

EDIT: My apologies to Riot, they did not down vote my other thread.

Udyr

eCommerce Manager

Follow Udyr on Twitter

09-18-2010
1 of 1 Riot Posts

We didn't downvote your thread

Generally it was an informative thread, so it doesn't really make sense that other people downvoted it.

fibonacci 618

09-18-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Udyr View Post
We didn't downvote your thread

Generally it was an informative thread, so it doesn't really make sense that other people downvoted it.
Sorry about the confusion then.

fibo

Brokroma

09-19-2010

This sounds pretty neat, I will have to test it out later.

EDIT: I'm a little confused by the MacNoobs title, are Mac veterans like myself supposed to be able to code our own model viewers? :<

fibonacci 618

09-20-2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brokroma View Post
This sounds pretty neat, I will have to test it out later.

EDIT: I'm a little confused by the MacNoobs title, are Mac veterans like myself supposed to be able to code our own model viewers? :<
Yeah... The title, sorry about that, I use that title for all my threads, maybe not a good idea huh?

Anyway, no I don't expect experienced users to be able to code your own viewer, sorry about the title...

fibo