[Champion Remake] Caitlyn the Sheriff of Piltover

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Chris017

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-29-2012

Statistics
  • Health: 390 (+70)
  • Health Regen: 5.25 (+0.40)
  • Mana: 240 (+30)
  • Mana Regen: 5 (+0.5)
  • Attack Damage: 50 (+3)
  • Attack Speed: 0.668 (+3%)
  • Armor: 12 (+3.5)
  • Magic Resistance: 30
  • Movement Speed: 305
  • Range: 630

Caitlyn the Sheriff of Piltover

Passive - Headshot
Caitlyn's first auto-attack against an enemy unit will be a headshot, dealing 120% to a champion or 200% to a minion or monster and stuns them for 0.2 / 0.4 / 0.6 seconds. This effect cannot occur on the same target for 10 seconds.

Q - Peacemaker
Caitlyn revs up her rifle for 1 second to a unleash a penetrating shot in a line which will deal physical damage to all target hits and shortly knocks them back. It will deal 10% less damage for each subsequent target hit, down to a minimum of 50% damage dealt.
  • Range: 1300
  • Knockback: 200
  • Physical Damage: 20 / 60 / 100 / 140 / 180 (+130% of Attack Damage)
  • Cooldown: 12 / 11 / 10 / 9 / 7 seconds
  • Mana Cost: 50 / 55 / 60 / 65 / 70

W - Sniper Stance
Caitlyn takes aim on her spot, granting her increased attack damage, attack range and grants her Armor Penetration at the cost of her attack speed. While in Sniper Stance, Caitlyn cannot move from her spot but is able to see through the fog of war and in brushes.

Can be deactivated manually or if Caitlyn takes damage equal to 10% of maximum health. Caitlyn can still casts spells as normal.
  • Cooldown: 18 / 16 / 14 / 12 10 seconds
  • Bonus Attack Damage: 15 / 20 / 25 / 30 35
  • Bonus Attack Range: 120
  • Armor Penetration: 4% / 7% / 10% / 13% / 16%
  • Attack Speed Reduction: 60% / 55% / 50% / 45% / 40%
  • Duration: 8 seconds
  • Mana Cost: None

E - Snaring Cuffs
Caitlyn throws her enhanced handcuffs towards an enemy unit, dealing physical damage and greatly slowing the target down for a few seconds.

Additionally, if there is another enemy champion or unit within range, it will also snare them, dealing the same damage and a lesser slow. While two enemy units are affected by Snaring Cuffs, they are bonded together, preventing them from moving away from each other for the duration. Prioritizes enemy champion.
  • Range: 600
  • Second Target Search Range: 400
  • Physical Damage: 70 / 110 / 150 / 190 / 240 (+30% of Attack Damage)
  • Slow (Solo): 40% / 50% / 60% / 70% / 80%
  • Slow (Duo): 20% / 25% / 30% / 35% / 40%
  • Duration: 3 seconds at all levels.
  • Bond Range: 300
  • Cooldown: 24 / 22 / 20 / 18 / 16 seconds
  • Mana Cost: 80 at all levels.

Ultimate - Ace in the Hole
Caitlyn marks an enemy champion at a huge range and channels for 1.5 seconds to line up the perfect shot, providing vision of the target of the duration. She then fires the projectile to deal massive damage physical damage. Enemy champions can intercept the bullet for their ally.

Caitlyn may activate Ace in the Hole once more during channeling to cancel it and set the ability in a shorter cooldown. Cooldown is also reduced if Caitlyn is interrupted during channeling.
  • Range: 2000 / 2500 / 3000
  • Physical Damage: 250 / 475 / 700 (+200% of Attack Damage)
  • Projectile Speed: 3200
  • Cooldown: 90 / 75 / 60 seconds and 20 / 15 / 10 seconds upon cancel.
  • Mana Cost: 100 at all levels.

Quote:
Self-Kit Summary

The idea behind the creation of Caitlyn is her theme being a Sniper and a Sheriff, able to snipe enemy champions from afar from not only with her Ace in the Hole or Piltover Peacemaker, which can miss or intercepted, ruining the chances of her rising as a skilled sniper. While this new Caitlyn features far greater and defining roles to both of her theme, it does present a far more fragile champion as opposed to the previous Caitlyn, forcing players to actually take proper positioning in order to distance yourself from danger. Stat wise, I'm pretty sure all Caitlyn players agree that the Ability Power has to GO.

Headshot - her current passive which encourages a lot of Caitlyn players to hide and attack in bushes which is REALLY predictable by the enemy team has been changed to that of Jarvan's Martial Candence and Nautilus's Staggering Blow, dealing bonus damage and a mini-stun in order to give the enemy a slight frame of vulnerability from Caitlyn's attacks, allowing her to land Peacemaker or even help allies from a distance with Sniper Stance.

Peacemaker a.k.a the former Piltover Peacemaker doesn't really makes peace doesn't it? While it does make them scrambling to the left and right, it doesn't stop enemy champions from surging towards our fragile Caitlyn as she takes the momentary time to channel Peacemaker. While Peacemaker still functions the same as her main damage output, it does feature a minor knockback which allows Caitlyn to retain a safe distance from charging enemies.

Sniper Stance offers Caitlyn players the feel of being a sniper, granted with additional attack range and the ability to see through the fog of war within her vision (take note that only the player can see through, not her allies).This ability allows players to snipe enemy champions from a safe distance while retaining full vision around her, notifying them ahead of time from incoming enemy champions in order for them to retreat or prepare against them. Sniper Stance allows you to pierce enemy champions easily with the bonus armor penetration and the ability to inflict Headshot as well. While this ability does grant bonus damage, increased range, armor penetration and does not require a mana cost, it does come with two downsides - while in Sniper Stance, Caitlyn cannot move and her attack speed is greatly reduced. Make every shot count.

Snaring Cuffs is her new crowd control ability, opposed to both her Ever-so visible Yordle Snap Trap and Escape-only 90 Caliber Net, Snaring Cuffs presents a whole new way of keeping her targets in place. Snaring Cuffs has two effects depending on if there are other enemy units, whether it be champion or minion, nearby your target. If your target is alone, it will deal minor damage in return, a massive slow which allows you to chase your prey down or flee. The second effect comes when there is another enemy champion or enemy nearby, it will automatically snare the nearest enemy champion dealing the same damage but divides the slow between the two. The best part is that both champions cannot move away from each other as they are bound, allowing Caitlyn and her allies to pick off two enemy champions - similar to hitting two birds with one stone.

Ace in the Hole remains the same, excluding her increased channeling time? Why? 1.5 second channeling time is enough for enemy players to intercept it so why increase it more? Mainly because of the new addition of canceling Caitlyn's Ace in the Hole. Sort of a 'bluff' mechanic which allows Caitlyn players to cancel their attack and re-position themselves for a much clearer view. A lot of players has been disappointed even with 1 second channeling time, a lot of their ultimate has been intercepted in a jiffy. While the damage early game is scary enough for players to not intercept it but in late games, tanks will be blocking it with no sweat. Given with the new ability to cancel and position yourself once more, the numbers are still the same.

Ruolina

09-29-2012

I am a caitlyn player myself, even if I rather find her difficult at times. I agree with everything you placed here as the AP power really doesn't do anything apart from just slow them if your trying to get away, or get to someone and the traps are just predictable as they can be seen. I really don't think they should be, but I don't think removing the traps should be a good idea as it's like another ward and it useful to grab the sniping chance. Maybe they could be changed to AD. Being manually able to de-activate her ult would be a total lifesaver, because sometimes you can accidently fire it when spamming moves to get away or whatever and then it's wasted and put on a big cooldown when you don't want it to. The only time you can get it back is if a ally kills the enemy before you as you fire it. That's a pretty amazing idea. The two new moves though, they are good aswell, it's just a hard bundle since caitlyn needs a getaway move other than just flash and everything. But slowing and stunning could be useful for that instead.

With the only main attack move 'peacemaker' it is really wasted, because without it and your ult you actually can't really do anything. The channel time is really annoying as players can see and then move away like you suggested. She's so annoying to actually get damage and she's useless if caught because she can't stun, apart from her trap but people can see and then easily avoid = death.

Even though I cannot explain what I want to say perfectly as my english describing sucks and everything, I do believe this is a good idea and I approve 100% :>

Lethal Loki

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

10-23-2012

Theres balance issues there I think but overall I like it much better than her current kit. I believe the traps to be problematic and unbalanced in a way for an AD carry. But you even provided a solution for catching people for clutch peacemakers, though im a little confused as to what would happen IF the champions cuffed together try to walk opposite directions and how that will feel from the other end. All in all though I would have to say after this idea undergoes the mallet, this skill set would polish her nicely (and give her a kit that feels whole).

3mptylord

10-24-2012

While snaring cuffs is an interesting skill, removing her mobility skill is a bad shout. The same with her traps: yes, they aren't amazing, but they add utility. She works amazingly with cc-supports as she can chain it. I think just changing her traps to make them feel more like they've just got their legs caught in a bear trap - large chunk of initial damage, bleed for sight, grievous wound, etc, maybe.

I also think it's flat out over-powered that she rips off Nautilus by having the on-hit stun (while he only has a snare), and that Peacemaker now has a knockback. Too, far too much crowd control on an AD carry.