Suggested Change to Boots of Swiftness

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

CavedogRIP

09-26-2012

I like this idea.

Lythyum

09-26-2012

I appreciate the feedback guys, both supportive and contradictory. The suggestion to reduce the magnitude of a slow (would not be able to affect snares) is a valid idea, however if this was combined with a tenacity item (Eleisa's Miracle, for example) it would make you nearly unstoppable. This would also apply exclusively to champions, so it would be valuable both in-lane and in team fights.

The fact that merc treads not only give you tenacity, but also magic resist makes them far more overpowered than nearly every other boot. Boots of swiftness give you speed, and only speed. To be competitive they just need something more.

ElArquero

09-27-2012

Yes, you are playing right into my hands. I was already strong before but now I will be unstoppable! Mwa ha ha ha ha ha!

-Singed

TheFlyingSpoon

09-27-2012

Yes, Singed is pleased with this thread.

Lythyum

09-28-2012

I guess Dyrus is on my side then :P

Hanatorou

09-28-2012

The only thing i'd have against it is how would it work with fizz's passive? Doesn't he passively already ignore unit collision...so would they just be useless boots for him, besides the movement speed? =S

"Nimble Fighter - Fizz's dexterity allows him to ignore unit collision and take less physical damage from basic attacks."

playerwinner

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatorou View Post
The only thing i'd have against it is how would it work with fizz's passive? Doesn't he passively already ignore unit collision...so would they just be useless boots for him, besides the movement speed? =S

"Nimble Fighter - Fizz's dexterity allows him to ignore unit collision and take less physical damage from basic attacks."
They already are useless to him besides the MS

Lythyum

09-29-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanatorou View Post

In this case it would not be Fizz missing out on a good shoe, it would be Fizz having more options for boots because of his passive. Not every champion benefits from every boot, Riven doesn't benefit from Sorcerer's Shoes... Also, doesn't ghost give a similar stat, avoid unit collision with increased move speed? Would this not already be useless on Fizz?

TheLastBaron88

10-01-2012

I like this idea quite a bit. Though diminishing slows would also be tempting. There should be a separate set of boots just for that. If you have ever faced an Ashe/Nunu lane then you know my anguish. The collision change to Swift Boots might actually make me consider them for Singed (or any tanky damage-dealer) over Merc Treads. As it is, I only run them on Garen for the Decisive Strike harass. Though a crit chance shoe would also be appealing...

Sighmon8x

10-03-2012

Nidalee really likes this idea.