Lux's Face Icon [With Solution]

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2012

bump

dirtysanchez1

09-28-2012

Can you do the same with Miss Fortune's? The zoom on her summoner icon makes her face look like she's pressing it against a glass pane.

Dorotheus

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

Recruiter

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ************1 View Post
can you do the same with miss fortune's? The zoom on her summoner icon makes her face look like she's pressing it against a glass pane.
Attachment 533320

Dorotheus

Recruiter

09-28-2012

Attachment 533322Attachment 533323
It really doesn't change it...I believe that MF's icon is absolutely fine, there is nothing bad or distracting about it (except how alluring it is) when in game, the colors are great and vibrant, and contrasted.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-28-2012
5 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordRandomness View Post
Surely the important aspect of the art is how well it is received by the audience, though? I can understand getting professional opinions before artwork is released, but once it has been isn't the last word on how good it is how the audience receives it?

And, as a League player and part of that audience, aren't you therefore entitled to offer your personal opinion on the artwork? (Not as a Riot staff member, of course, but as someone who the artwork is aimed at)

I should clarify that I mean "good" in the sense of "effective at what it does", not in the sense of "technically impresssive". I agree the two concepts are different and art can be unpopular with the masses yet still an excellent piece of craft to those who understand it, but that's not really a concern here.
Yeah - and that's valid. I think that feedback is really good to tell to artists though - I'll see if I can get someone in here so they can have a discussion. I'm just the wrong person for that type of discussion, though.

Morello

Lead Designer

09-28-2012
6 of 6 Riot Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Imperfectable View Post
Just so you know, that word doesn't mean the same thing to the internet that it means in a game design meeting.
Hehe, maybe not

BarbieRitz

09-28-2012

Bump, and thank you Morello for posting on this issue

Fongletto

09-28-2012

I am a professional art critic. I demand a large ARTY poster of Morello half naked standing atop a a mountain of swooning women.

Switzer

09-28-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Morello View Post
Yeah - and that's valid. I think that feedback is really good to tell to artists though - I'll see if I can get someone in here so they can have a discussion. I'm just the wrong person for that type of discussion, though.
Please for the love of god do this. Every single time you or someone else has been asked about anything to do with the flood of changed splash arts, you've told us that we are in the wrong thread, stay on topic, and to ask elsewhere, and I haven't seen any actual response to this. If I missed a thread, where is it?

Kolione

09-28-2012

Im so-so on her new art but the icon definitely needs some work. I like your change.