Mecha Kha'Zix - 1350 RP

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Angeleou

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hippalus View Post
That's a great point that didn't occur to me. I'm not sure what the challenges are with communicating pricing in advance but it's something I will look into if we ever try any other launch prices. How much advance notice is needed?
i would say : around the time you start refunding RP/IP. i wouldve never bough that shaco skin if i knew his skin was going to be that much

HighSee

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Hippa, it would be fair to note the increased RP Price in the Patch Notes. As Kha is mentioned, so should his price.

Kha'zix will be released after further PBE testing.
RP Price at 1350

People will be upset, but probably more understanding.

PerfidiousRaoul

09-27-2012

Hippalus, why is it that this is the only skin that is increased but other (pretty much legendary) skins like Soul Reaver Draven remain 975?

FrozenXylaphone

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

I think 2 important issues related to this new pricing for this champion is:

1. Will this new price go on sale?
2. Does this mean all future Kha'Zix skins will be more expensive than those of other champions?

BiggieJohn

09-27-2012

its not exactly a test, its more that they are trying to convince people to buy the bundle instead of using IP for the champion and later down the road getting a skin for said champion. Just milking the situation at multiple angles.

ninjagear

09-27-2012

Quote:
That's a great point that didn't occur to me. I'm not sure what the challenges are with communicating pricing in advance but it's something I will look into if we ever try any other launch prices. How much advance notice is needed?
no advanced warning is needed. but there is no reason to HIDE it inside the game client. it should have been announced with the champion that u guys put special effort into the skin and that u r going to charge more as a result. HIDING the fact (yes its hidden because u never mentioned it outside the game client, meaning i have to log on and look at the price before i find ur trying something new) is akin to blacking out a report on the 9/11 attacks.

for the next time: "here is our new OP champion. we made special effort to make his release skin bause-mode (just like we are doing with all new skins). since we put special effort into its creation we have attached a special price. u guys appreciate our hard work right?"

lying about something after the fact makes it too obvious. make sure u lie about it before hand so we all get less suspicious.

editk u said so in the post which i just now read, my b, all here is ok

BuilderBob93

09-27-2012

Quote:
Just including a note about it in the "khazix now available" announcement would be great, like "we are charging 1350 for the skin alone as it's more or less legendary quality"

Option Paralysis

09-27-2012

Quote:
It doesn't need to be a set time, but if at any point a skin looks like it's going to be worth more than 975 RP, you should probably make a note of it and let the community know. Definitely between PBE release and a bit before live release, as that's plenty of time to view the skin quality and decide. I appreciate the response.

MoarYogurt

09-27-2012

As an aside, while you are here Hippalus, I have all but stopped purchasing skins because of the 975 price point. I've blown over $400 on this game, mostly in 520's. I really miss the recolors. Assassin Yi is among my favorite skins that I own. I have a hard time justifying 975 rp for a skin unless it's limited edition. Why not go back to a simple recolor for 520 and a 975 for the people who want to spend more?

Just wondering.....

Exploding Barrel

09-27-2012

I feel like advance notice is just setting Riot up for two rounds of complaining and petitions: one when the price is announced, and another when it is put into place as announced and "Riot didn't listen to" the protests.