Såm - (Rank 1) 3v3 Gucci Gamin - Twisted Treeline AmA.

First Riot Post
Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

PitufoLevel1

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
To be honest, we just counter pick them and out pick them. We never go for these "meta comps".
So basically you just pick high tier champs from your tier list semi-randomly as long as they counter the enemies and fit in the 'meta' (have a jungler a bruiser and a mage)?

Or rephrased, if the enemies go something like Jax or Trynd your mage goes something like Malp or Gragas to counter his AS, and the other 2 spots on your team left (jungler and bruiser) are filled in this exact same manner, counterpicking the remaining picks of the enemy? Without thinking of team synergy whatsoever? (as opposed to setting up teams in ranked 5s)

Just wondering cause I see you guys use the same few champs a lot but I thought there was a correlation or synergy when you picked certains over the others, but if it is only counterpicking-based it certainly means I was seeing it on a totally wrong way!

Is it like this?

Sam

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by PitufoLevel1 View Post
So basically you just pick high tier champs from your tier list semi-randomly as long as they counter the enemies and fit in the 'meta' (have a jungler a bruiser and a mage)?

Or rephrased, if the enemies go something like Jax or Trynd your mage goes something like Malp or Gragas to counter his AS, and the other 2 spots on your team left (jungler and bruiser) are filled in this exact same manner, counterpicking the remaining picks of the enemy? Without thinking of team synergy whatsoever? (as opposed to setting up teams in ranked 5s)

Just wondering cause I see you guys use the same few champs a lot but I thought there was a correlation or synergy when you picked certains over the others, but if it is only counterpicking-based it certainly means I was seeing it on a totally wrong way!

Is it like this?

Yes, we don't think about "AOE" comps or anything. We just try to counterpick, counterban the best as possible. The whole picking a team comp together is a good idea, but I rather just counterpick and win the lane 1st.

Sam

09-27-2012

Streaming now!

PitufoLevel1

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Såm View Post
Yes, we don't think about "AOE" comps or anything. We just try to counterpick, counterban the best as possible. The whole picking a team comp together is a good idea, but I rather just counterpick and win the lane 1st.
Hmm that is definitely interesting, thanks!

In this case, I think in addition to your Tier List you should also create your own Counterpick list for TT, would certainly be of great help for us rookies

Thanks anyway!

CreepTumor

This user has referred a friend to League of Legends, click for more information

09-27-2012

Hey Såm!

Love all the things you do for Twisted Treeline.

I wanted to know what your opinion was on Rengar after nerfs today. How does he fit in now? Is he still god tier pick/ban? Haven't had a chance to try him out yet. Thought I'd see what you think until I can.

Also! Where do you think Kha'zix will stand?

Sam

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreepTumor View Post
Hey Såm!

Love all the things you do for Twisted Treeline.

I wanted to know what your opinion was on Rengar after nerfs today. How does he fit in now? Is he still god tier pick/ban? Haven't had a chance to try him out yet. Thought I'd see what you think until I can.

Also! Where do you think Kha'zix will stand?

TBH, Khazix is really, really strong. Has some origins from rengar, but i think he's the next rengar for now. probably going to drop rengar down to T1.

Gringo

09-28-2012

Hey Såm.

You're a very good player, I respect how you still haven't given up on TT!

But, how's Darius in TT? Is he God Tier?
I really like him, and I like the pubstompers like Riven and Irelia too (Are they good?)

So, can you tell me what you think of them?

Also, do you focus more on farming or the small gank type/team fight situations?

PoppinDubstep

10-03-2012

Hey Sam not sure if you are still checking this thread but in case you do I wanted to ask you, how would you beat the following team?

Cho (TankyAP), Lulu (AP), Riven (Full AD).

I just played against it with my team and they just obliterated us in teamfights, they have insane CC (thus pretty much impossible to reach the squishy AP Lulu in the back), absurd mixed damage (phys, mag and true) and pretty decent tankyness with cho having abyssal etc and Riven being full ad well.. that shield.

What would you pick agaisnt them?

Thanks!

Blububowolwob

Recruiter

10-03-2012

Hey mate, I saw that you were the top with shyvana on lolking, so I added you to ask for some advice (you probably ignored me lol).
Anyways, is it negotiable to not have a jungler? I mean does it help that much in 3 v 3?

I'm starting out new onto 3v3 with my 2 mates. And I just wanted to do some research and practice a bit in normals before we actually go into ranked.

Batman Bot

10-08-2012

Since you usually counter pick the opponents champs I was wonder who you consider your counter pick are for the below list of champs. Obviously you probably ban some of these champs but assuming the other team picks them.

Renekton
Darius
Rengar
Jax
Jayce

Thanks