[Champion Remake]: Taric, The Gem Knight

Comment below rating threshold, click here to show it.

Walker21

09-27-2012

Most of my champion remake idea for Taric will be the same as how he is now. I am entering this post in a CCFC Contest and the rules state that the base stats and abilities must be complete. I will be using the format from the league of legends website.

Base Stats:

Damage: 58 (+3.5/ per level)
Health: 468 (+90/ per level)
Mana: 255 (+56/ per level)
Move Speed:315
Armor: 16.5 (+3.2/ per level)
Spell Block: 30 (+1.25/ per level)
Health Regen: 7.1 (+0.5/ per level)
Mana Regen: 4.1 (+0.4/ per level)

Abilites:

Passive (Gemcraft): Taric loves to socket magical gems into all of his weapons, resulting in his basic attacks replenishing his Mana based on a percentage of his maximum Mana.

Tarics basic attacks restore 5% of his maximum Mana.

Q (Imbue): Taric brings forth earthen energy to heal an ally and himself. This heal is more potent when Taric heals only himself. Additionally, Taric's basic attacks reduce Imbue's cooldown.

Taric brings forth earthen energy to heal a target ally and himself for 60/11/140/180/220 (+0.6). If he targets himself, the heal is increased by 40% restoring 84/140/196/252/308 (+0.84) health.

Tarics basic attacks reduce Imbue's cooldown by 1 seconds (3 seconds if attacking an enemy champion).

Cost: 80/95/110/125/140 Mana
Range: 750

W (Shatter): Taric is protected by a hardening aura, increasing the Armor of himself and nearby allied champions. He may choose to splinter the enchanted rocks surrounding him to deal damage and decrease the Armor of nearby enemies at the cost of some Armor for a short time.

Passive: Taric's gemstones increase the Armor of nearby allied champions by 10/15/20/25/30. Taric gains an additional 10/15/20/25/30 Armor for himself.

Active: Taric shatters his armor, dealing 60/105/150/195/240 (+0.6) magic damage to nearby enemies and reducing their Armor by 10/15/20/25/30 for 4 seconds. Taric loses 10/15/20/25/30 Armor while Shatter is on cooldown.

Cost: 50/60/70/80/90 Mana
Range: 400

E (Dazzle): Taric emits a brilliant ball of prismatic light from his gemmed shield, stunning his target and damaging them based on how close he is to them.

Taric fires a prismatic sphere at a target enemy, stunning them for 1.5 seconds and dealing between 40/70/100/130/160 (+0.4) and 80/140/200/260/320 (+0.8) magic damage. Dazzle's damage increases the closer Taric is to the target.

Cost: 95 Mana
Range: 625

R (Radiance): Taric slams his hammer into the ground to deal damage to nearby enemies. For a time after, Taric's gems radiate energy empowering Taric and his allies with bonus Attack Damage and Ability Power.

Taric slams his hammer into the ground, dealing 150/250/350 (+0.7) magic damage to nearby enemies.

For the next 10 seconds, Taric's gems radiate energy, granting him 30/50/70 Attack Damage and Ability Power and his nearby allies half of the bonuses.

Cost: 100 Mana
Range: 400

Styrgwyr

09-27-2012

Restore 5% of his mana???

Stickers5976

09-27-2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Styrgwyr View Post
Restore 5% of his mana???
He has pretty low attack speed, but I can see this giving him more or less infinite lane sustain.

on the flip side, he can't may not be able to be built with a little AD in mind with this change, seeing as how AD would give him mana.

matrixEXO

09-27-2012

I only see a change to Taric's passive.... not sure if it's suitable for the kit remake thread though, go ask them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stickers5976 View Post
He has pretty low attack speed, but I can see this giving him more or less infinite lane sustain.

on the flip side, he can't may not be able to be built with a little AD in mind with this change, seeing as how AD would give him mana.
AP-ASPD is also possible. Given that what he did was copy from the LoL Champ section, so there isn't any AD or AP stated (which also means we have to guess that it is the original type, all AP).

Walker21

09-27-2012

yes, 5% mana on auto attacks, I believe the rest of his kit is fine, I've just never liked his passive. Considering Taric is mostly played as a support or ap carry he wouldn't have any incentive to build attack damage, ergo he probably restores less mana on auto attacks then Jayce.

WonderBoy55

09-28-2012

I like the adjustment. 5% could be high, maybe 1.5% then 3-5% when attacking a champion. As is, his passive just feels meh, and he has the lowest base mana Regen in the game because of it.

Walker21

09-28-2012

Yeah, 5% might be kinda high I was just pointing out the fact that the mana refund shouldn't be based on the damage he deals because most, if not all Taric players will not be building auto attack damage.

Pethrax

10-15-2012

I'm sorry, as a very good Taric player, I suggest you be silent before saying that. A Taric with a Bloodthirster, 2 Tiamats, 2 Rabadon's and an Abyssal Scepter will eat people alive. This build of course is only used when the ADC is an utter and complete failure. Otherwise, you build like a normal support.

You say that the mana regained shouldn't be dependent upon the damage he deals, when he has an active, damage dealing ARMOR REMOVER to help him gain the damage he needs to get the mana. You simply walk into the minion wave, pop shatter, and autoattack until the end, then let your ADC get the last hit. Boom, endless mana, and quick efficient wave clearing.